• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Thanks. Also, her theme is MUCH better in BW than in DPPt. It's higher tempo and better instruments.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really like that she's in it because it still feels like there is just a little connection to the previous regions. It's comforting to me at least...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No, it was all of them.

I'm pleased to see Cynthia make a reappearance - a fightable one, nonetheless. I wish we could fight Steven and/or Red too, though.

Oooh my mistake. I thought I remembered reading only Garchomp did. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think travelling to previous regions is unlikely, personally... considering the games are released and nobody has said anything, but it could be hinting at the fact that although Isshu is in a different "world" or something, the old favourites haven't completely left, or something.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I think it will never happen. Traveling to other regions, in this new fresh start of a game? Never will happen. A tiny, tiny chance of it happening in the remake, though I still doubt it. Isshu is so far away too. I do hope there will be other areas not on the map that you can travel to though, like in FR/LG.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    What they should do like King Gramball said make like a little island off the coast of isshu named Grey Island (If thats the name of the remake) where you can rematch gym leaders in isshu plus fight gym leaders and champions from older games ( With the occasional frontier brain showing up) like the battle ground in platinum

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm not sure if anybody noticed this before but Cynthia's Japanese name, Shirona has Shiro in it which means White while she's wearing black clothing. Her character in itself could have been giving indications of her relation towards Black and White. I thought I'd bring this up, and I for one, wouldn't have been able to come up with this theory without knowing she was actually going to make an appearance.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm not sure if anybody noticed this before but Cynthia's Japanese name, Shirona has Shiro in it which means White while she's wearing black clothing. Her character in itself could have been giving indications of her relation towards Black and White. I thought I'd bring this up, and I for one, wouldn't have been able to come up with this theory without knowing she was actually going to make an appearance.
    Yeah and cyrus Jap name contains the word red...so maybe Sinnoh hinted at BWC (they did license pokemon Crimson along with Grey...)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    That seems logical actually. That could have some relevance. Or its just a coincidence XD. I guess maybe they were thinking of having Cynthia in Pokemon Black and White. But they also brought her in Pokemon HG SS for the Arceus event. I'm guessing they liked Cynthia's character (like me) and decided to have her for gen 5.
    Either way, I don't really care. I'm actually excited Cynthia's back!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's a surprise, strange how you can't. Maybe you rebattle her in Winter instead of Summer :D (and people... translated wrong? idk)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It appears, contrary to popular belief, Cynthia is not rebattleable.

Where did you get this information from? I would imagine we'd have heard something about this by now considering lots of people have made it to this point in the game. o__O

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ugh, I'm gonna be really pissed if it ends up being the case that you can't rematch her at all. :/ I wouldn't see the point of a one time deal. Once a week I'd say is likely.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    According to serebii, you can battle her once a day. =) That sould be fun and challenging, she was by far the hardest champion- I wound up complteting the shinnoh dex and getting the national one, then importing my LG team to beat her. free exp

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    According to serebii, you can battle her once a day. =)

He's definitely wrong on that part. No one has been able to battle her more than once. I'm going to be optimistic and believe it's a once-a-week thing, but it doesn't look likely.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You are able to battle Cynthia once a day. However, this is only during the Spring and Summer time. Just wanted to clarify this up for those who would be disappointed if it was only a one time thing.
    I'm sure it seems weird to be able to battle her once a day during those two seasons, but there will be different characters coming to visit her each day such as the two Elite Four Members, Caitlin and Shikimi. So even though it doesn't really make sense to battle her once everyday, characters will be there and will be adding on to the storyline as well.

But yes, we will be able to have rematches with Cynthia, which is a great relief for those who are really looking forward to seeing her. :)

Back