• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A Wonder Trade has commenced with someone from Kalos! Please standby...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • In X and Y, there was a nifty little feature called Wonder Trade that lets get trade a Pokemon for something that is completely random from anyone around the world! From a Lv80 treasured Starter to a Lv3 Pokemon caught in the first route or an Arceus to a Magikarp, anything is possible!

Now, with the old slogan of Pokemon "Gotta catch em all" came back even if we had 719 Pokemon, it was possible now to actually get them all with things like Wonder Trade.

Do you think this feature will be added into ORAS? Will its server for transferring Pokes be the same one used for X and Y? Will there be any other added features to it this time?

Discuss!

Years
  • Removing this would be a really big set back for the series. Then again, the last time we went to Hoenn, we lost another big change from the previous games, so who knows?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Removing this would be a really big set back for the series. Then again, the last time we went to Hoenn, we lost another big change from the previous games, so who knows?

That was from one generation to one generation. ORAS is part of one generation... So I think wonder trade will still be around since it's more of a Gen VI mechanic.

Years
  • Wonder Trade as a new feature of the PokeNav would be cool I guess.
    Then again, #pokenavonbottomscreenplease

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Seeing as OR/AS will be on the X/Y engine or whatever, I'm sure Wonder Trade will be compatible between the two games. Extremely likely chance, if I may say so.

Years
  • Wonder Trade is something I can definitely expect to see retained in OR/AS. It'd be too weird to take out such a feature in the very generation it was introduced in.

SketchQueen

Ow. That's a wall.
    Years
  • I'll be pretty surprised if it isn't there, mostly due to ORAS being based on an XY engine. I don't think there will be Wonder Trade compatibility between Hoenn and Kalos at the beginning, though. Or, maybe they won't have it at all. I don't know. Or, the could set it up as a National Dex unlock.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Personally i hope they are on the same server and are compatable from the beggining.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wonder Trade will probably return since it's a quick and easy way to trade, not to mention the majority of players enjoyed using the feature. I've only ever used it once so personally it doesn't really make a difference to me, but I do see it returning to ORAS most likely.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Trading mechanics have been looking for a new way to be spiced up for years now. With the introduction of Wonder Trade; players finally got a new way to experience the fun of trading and connect a lot more than ever. The Pokémon Company want to be that "community" brand, where people unite over their love of the franchise. With Wonder Trading, they found a great way to connect users that much more in a very fun and unique way. It also makes collecting Pokémon pretty exciting, and I don't think that ORAS will drop the feature because of that.

Wonder Trading will more than likely become a new cornerstone of the Pokémon games, and while remakes aren't always conventionally the same as the main generation games; they rarely drop decent features from it. I'm sure we'll see Wonder Trading implemented within the PokéNav, the question is just "how" the PokéNav will expand beyond a navigation device, or if it will become secondary to something like the PSS/bottom touch screen in X&Y.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Since Wonder Trade was introduced this generation, they're likely going to promote it in ORAS making it a fast and fun way to get some Kalos Pokémon into ORAS and vice-versa. I get that some people fill their Dex in a flash and some would just put in a Magikarp and hope for something like Feebas to be received instead, but what the heck, it's quite an awesome feature.

Years
  • Wonder Trade is probably something Nintendo is looking to include in all upcoming Pokemon games, as it was such a success among recreational players. It's way more efficient than any other feature similar to it, and it really embodies one of the main aspects that made Pokemon so entertaining back in the day, trading with your friends. It was revolutionized successfully with Wonder Trade, so I don't see them excluding it from ORAS.

Years
  • If they do not bring back Wonder Trade I will be really disappointed ;; I loved trading with random people and getting all sorts of Pokemon, even level 3 Bunnelbys and Bidoofs and the like XD It's one of the best additions to XY, and I definitely feel that it will return to ORAS.

Back