• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Abandoned Ship

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • This was an area only in Generation III's Hoenn, as this area was replaced by the Sea Mauville in the remakes. You can find the Abandoned Ship on Route 108 by using Surf. In the Abandoned Ship, there is a small subquest of searching for room keys to locate a scanner. However, you need Dive to be able to access this area of the Abandoned Ship. Once you find the Scanner, you give it to Captain Stern, and he will give you either a Deep Sea Tooth or Deep Sea Scale for your effort. This is pretty much the only way to obtain one of these evolution items in RSE.

Did you visit the Abandoned Ship, and did you do the Key & Scanner subquest? I've done it maybe once. I don't think it's worth the reward of an item I can't even use in the Generation III games. Although it IS cool that you can use Dive on an Abandoned Ship. It's too bad Dive wasn't really utilized at all well in any other games, though.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I don't think I have done that before (i've only played through the originals once, on Pokémon Ruby) but I would love to next time I play those games. I love Sea Mauville in ORAS, and diving in general is something that should come back.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • For 3's one, yes. I go there to get Ice beam's TM.

For 6's one, yes. But I like it less because it's just too complicated. You have walk around and back way too much and you can't even use your bike.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    Finding the keys at the Abandoned Ship was one of the easier puzzles, unlike the Regi puzzle which was just the most tedious thing imaginable back in Gen III. I liked the music at the Abandoned Ship, so I used to go there often.

Back