• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

about bird flu- IMPORTANT!

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    bird flu is spreading around Europe. it is now in Romania and Turkey. if you dont believe me then check out the site:
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4351558.stm

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    It's in Greece now. :x

When it mutates, as WHO tells us every second day is inevitable and will kill masses [seriously, "WHO rep says bird flu will kill [number here]" is the headline here when no one has anything else to write about, I swear @@;], my mother said we're going up to the hills and taking a gun with us @@;;;;;

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Well, being next to Thailand and near to China, my parents say no chicken until it's over. JOY! I never really liked chicken. Well, come to think of it, I don't like any bird. They all poop on me -_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    When it mutates into a new virus it'll maybe kill 50 million of people just like last time (1920). I think the WHO gets control of it and people are making a vaccin against it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    ^ Don't be complacent about things like this~

I swore that I wasn't going to eat any chicken until everything's safe, but chicken is one of the only types of meat I actually eat, so that died somehow...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You don't get the flu if you eat a contaminated bird. The virus only survives on live flesh.

Until now it's only been confirmed that humans can be contaminated by direct contact with birds, although it won't be long for it to mutate
    And last of all, millions of people were killed in 1920 because communications weren't as sharp and quick as nowadays. Television, mobile phones, e-mail etc.?

Hopefully we can take some precautions with this...

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    it says the bird flu is coming to UK next year..

but im not scared though *toughens up*

dont panic!!!​

StephenPokemon Master

Me X ChakiChu from Janime
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    Looks like it's time for me to hide under my pillow away from the bird flu....I had the flu last week and I don't want one that's even more serious!

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    Well, Im pretty calm at the moment even though its in in my place now too. As from what Ive heard, it only kills chicken and such birds at the moment...which probably means that it can not hurt any human until now, at least I think. but that can change from one moment to another, unfortunately, and it might be dangerous for people who eat chicken etc. I dont eat chicken, so I dont worry about it...I dont know though if there are any other ways the flu can continue to kill. Hopefully not. The best we have to do is stay calm...I guess.

Years
    Blah, I'm not worried at all...maybe because my view on things is 'if you die you die'.

But I don't eat chicken at all anymore, I eat no more meat...sept fish...but anyways, I'm not worried. I live in the UK so hopefuly something would ahve been done about it by next year.

Hmm...We have been given warnings about it in school though...well in that case, would it not be a good idea to stop surving chiken in the canteen? x_x

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ruby-adams said:
    jeez, knock it of, bird flu isen't gona harm no one

You are correct, sir; bird flu WON'T harm NO one. Hundreds of thousands, possibly millions will die. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm incredibly frustrated with the U.S. Senate at the moment. I'm sure they all agree that a vaccine is necessary, but they refuse to agree whether a vaccine of the current bird flu or a mutated bird flu should be made (therefore none can be produced right now because of the latter option, there is no mutated bird flu yet.) It's sad that none of them have even considered making a vaccine for the current one now and producing an entirely different one if, God forbid, the time ever comes that we need a vaccine for the mutated virus.

...... -_-;

Inugami

Years
    Everyone take a deep breath. People who live in Europe you wont have a possibility of really getting the flu unless you Live on a chicken/turkey farm and make close contact, Since I live in GA. We are watching the news on what happens next.
    recap I't is not a threat YET we should be careful around chicken....XD
    !~XxXxCaRlOsxXxX~!

Years
    Wow, this bird-flu stuff is getting serious. there's all the disease in china, and the small part in Europe, although where I live I live on pretty much a lone island (N.Z) and there's very high force and stuff at airports to make sure no-one brings chickens from china... Although I don't know why they would...

Back