• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Litten's final evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Stunfisk is a fish, but it's not a Water-type. Flygon is (partially) a dragonfly, but it is neither Bug- nor Flying-type. Pokemon don't have to take the most common or first associations that one might think they should.

Flygon is an Antlion tho.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Based on Toracats entry i'm almost 100% sure that this is going to be a fire/dark type (Hopefully)

My reasoning: As the flavor text says "Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. and he cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!"

Basing on the pokemon's design and the last part of the discription... The final evo is a Pro wrestler. but it's a Heel wrestler (In wrestling: The bad guy basically) looking at the "Lose the will to fight line". Pro-wrestling is a never ending battle of good and evil (Storyline) and there are two types of pro wrestler psychologies.

Face (The hero) - The one the fan cheers, always fighting honorably, not giving up, and fighting until the very end. Think John Cena or Hulkamania Hulk Hogan. In pokemon this is the fighting type is Machoke and Howlucha. Both Pokemon based on a wrestler the latter being a Luchadore.

Heel (The Villain) - The one the fan's boo. Fighting dirty, using foreign objects, poking enemies in the eye, cheating, low blows, using outside interference. There are many types of heels there are ruthless bad asses Think Brock Lesnar or Cowardly heels who always turns tail and runs think Rick Flair.

Litten's final evo is a play on the Ruthless bad ass heel. Dark type is the Evil type in japanese right? the fire/dark typing would fit a Heel Wrestler Pokemon Pokemon perfectly.

Look at the lower right hand side... The final evo is smashing a pokemon with a foreign object. An Announcers table most likely.

Last edited:

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Rowlet and Popplio's final forms now make more sense, but Litten's just doesn't. Not to mention it is ugly as hell. It should be on all fours and much more tiger-like, like Torracat is

Personally, I feel like them leaving the Pokémon images in the demo was intentional. I also feel that the reason why that is, is because some of the Pokémon showed, might actually be fake. A few just do not look right. So with that in in mind, that means the whole Pokédex is still not complete, and on top of that, we still do not what "secret" the starters have. That's why I feel Litten's final form might still be fake

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Personally, I feel like them leaving the Pokémon images in the demo was intentional. I also feel that the reason why that is, is because some of the Pokémon showed, might actually be fake. A few just do not look right. So with that in in mind, that means the whole Pokédex is still not complete, and on top of that, we still do not what "secret" the starters have. That's why I feel Litten's final form might still be fake
    No offense dude, but this is really straw grasping. Maybe there's a slim chance that they took out some of the new Pokémon to mess with us so we'd think that there are only a few new 'Mons, but any Pokémon in the data are probably 100% real. I highly doubt GameFreak would have their designers make a bunch of fake 3D models.

CidHazard

Years
  • A heel wrestler would have to be Fire/Fighting. It's stll a wrestler.

Not necessarily... Dark type is Evil type after all... Also Heels don't tend to fight fair, using foreign objects or having others kick the crap out of face's or using illegal moves: Poking the eyes of the opponent, biting.

Moves like:

Beat up, Fake tears, Faint attack, Foul play,Fling, Payback, Nasty plot, Knock off, Punishment, Sucker punch. Not only sound good for a heel wrestler, but thematically consistent to the psychology of heel wrestling. Just read the descriptions these moves and watch heel wrestlers fight.

Here's a full match with a heel Prince devitt (The guy with the face paint) and his lackeys:

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    @ clbgolden

No offense taken, but,

1, I'm a girl, and 2, think about it. Why else would they leave all the images to be found, but not have the names and type data? They still want to throw us off and keep us guessing. I feel they actually learned from last time

True, I didn't play the ORAS demo, and I am not planning on this one either, but that much I can be sure of. They're giving us the images, a glimpse of the other Pokémon, but it's still not everything

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    @ clbgolden

No offense taken, but,

1, I'm a girl, and 2, think about it. Why else would they leave all the images to be found, but not have the names and type data? They still want to throw us off and keep us guessing. I feel they actually learned from last time

True, I didn't play the ORAS demo, and I am not planning on this one either, but that much I can be sure of. They're giving us the images, a glimpse of the other Pokémon, but it's still not everything
    Yes, maybe it's not everything, but I still highly doubt any of the datamine images are fakes made by GameFreak.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Rowlet and Popplio's final forms now make more sense, but Litten's just doesn't. Not to mention it is ugly as hell. It should be on all fours and much more tiger-like, like Torracat
    Even if not on all fours, you're right, it's a diffaerent direction than Torracat's design. It's slightly sudden and most probably would accept Torracat but if they like Litten were probbly not hoping for this kind of thing. It's really extravagant a change, but for little reasin.

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Yeah, too different. And the same thing goes for Pikipek's evolutions. You can't go from a woodpecker to a toucan. They're totally different birds

Basically put, as neat as a lot of the Pokémon images from the datamine are, until I see Sugimori art, I will not believe them to be real. And that's how all the datamine info should be seen as

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I don't see how Torracat is too different to the final evo by any means, pretty much everything on it's description matches it's final evolution, it loves to fight and purposely discourages the opponent to win the fight, if that doesn't point a heel wrestler I don't know what does.
    Also it's main attack consists on punching, which to do so stands on 2 legs as depicted by concept art, so I don't see how him evolving to mainly stay on 2 legs doesn't make sense, it makes perfect sense for it to stand up to properly punch it's opponents.

The evolution is not 100% confirmed by any means, but seeing as nothing has disproved the leaks, the fact that they are in the game and that all of the starter evolutions make perfect sense it's highly unlikely for them to not be true, which is perfectly fine by me, I love Litten's final evo to death and whenever he gets confirmed (and hopefully he does!) I'm gonna be beyond happy!

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    *this might seem a bit off topic, but it makes a point*

Up until a few months ago, I had a cat. She would always throw punches. In the form of sharp-clawed swipes, sure, but it still counts as a punch

My point? You do not need to be on 2 legs in order to throw a good punch. Plus, I want my perfect tiger Pokémon. Is that too much to ask? Raikou does not quite do ot for me

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yeah, too different. And the same thing goes for Pikipek's evolutions. You can't go from a woodpecker to a toucan. They're totally different birds

Basically put, as neat as a lot of the Pokémon images from the datamine are, until I see Sugimori art, I will not believe them to be real. And that's how all the datamine info should be seen as
    This is a game series where we've had a fish evolve into an octopus.

Really, there's no reason not to believe these datamines, unless every single person who found the data are in on some kind of prank.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Why is it such an issue that Littens final evolution is bipedal? If it was quadrupedal it would just get called a dark Arcanine.

Whilst Litten3 is my least favourite of the Gen 7 Starters, it has a fun design and I plan to use one at some point in the post game. Incidentally I would rank the Fire Starters regardless of Litten3's typing:

1. Delphox
    2. Blaziken
    3. Litten3
    4. Charizard
    5. Emboar
    6. Infernape
    7. Typhlosion

Litten's expression reminds me of a heel wrestler. So we have a heel wrestler, a wrestling 'big guy' (Emboar) and a Lucha Libre wrestler (Hawlucha), hopefully we get a Face wrestler at some point which would be at a guess Fairy/Fighting.

Overall I am pleased with the starters final evolutions and this might be the first Generation since 3 where I plan to use all three starters at one point.

CidHazard

Years
  • I'll never understand why people care so much about the typing. Sure, let's say it's Fire/Dark. So what? It's still a fighter. GameFreak have still gone down the horribly overdone design route as in three other generations. The actual typing itself is irrelevant, right?

Agreed... thought the overdone "fighter" designs for the fire starters are most likely because of the Hero archetype... Fire is closely related to passion, strength and that fiery will.

Look at the abundance of Anime characters who are Fire based brawlers... here's some notable examples.

Tsuna sawada - Katekyo hitman reborn
    Natsu Dragneel - Fairy Tail
    Portagas D. Ace - One Piece
    Rekka - Flame of Rekka

Litten's expression reminds me of a heel wrestler. So we have a heel wrestler, a wrestling 'big guy' (Emboar) and a Lucha Libre wrestler (Hawlucha), hopefully we get a Face wrestler at some point which would be at a guess Fairy/Fighting.

Isn't Machamp/Machoke the archetypal Face wrestler :D

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    We got a Fire/Dark starter.

So... Thoughts?

He's as great as I expected him to be! I figured he'd be part dark type as GF knows better and he looks more evil like. I like the personality he has and the site bio. Definitely using him in my Moon team as he's one of my favorite starters.

CidHazard

Years
  • Here's footage of discus lariat (Which I think inspired the Darkness Lariat move) being performed.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Fire/Dark, not the first time we see this, but hey at least it's not Fire/Fight!! Glad to see a new typing for starters.

Back