• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #17] Gliscor and Quilava!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
    Years
    You voted out Torkoal? You monsters!

VS

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Since i already voted for Quilava vs Torterra in that other thread and Quilava won over Torterra.I decided to vote for Gliscor since he was a really strong pokemon and funny aswell.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I chose Gliscor. If memory serves, Quilava (as a Cyndaquil) was very lazy in the Johto saga, and it took a long time for it to actually use a fire attack consistently, mainly flamethrower. Gliscor/Gligar had a nice little arc involving the razor fang (and Gary Oak) and flying without fear, so that intrigued me enough to vote for it. And I liked its personality, kind of like the friendly beast thing. I almost forgot, but its part in the battle against Paul was thrilling. With its usage of stone edge and giga impact, with a hit-and-run tactic, was just pure awesome.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    From what I seen and what I remember I love Gliscor back when it was Gligar. He was very affectionate with Ash and quite the powerful pokemon. It had one hell of a battle again Paul in the League and that Giga Impact is quite useful as Ash has seemed to find a way around the immobilization. I really do hope to see any again in the future. Quilava seemed like the least interesting out of the 3 Johto starters and I don't ever thing it got a chance to have a personality of Bayleaf or the quirkiness of Totodile.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    GLISCOR ALL THE WAY!!!

That thing was sooo Funny and stupid (factors that makes me love pokemons)
    His development was something EPIC. He turned out to have a really good move pool. Before I watched the Anime, I really disliked Gligar/Gliscor, because they were a bit creepy and I kept forgetting them. However, after watching Ash's Gliscor, I honestly grew some feelings toward it. I sometimes catch and train one.

About Cyndaquil: Its against my nature to vote against starters but...it had to happen. Cyndaquil wasn't really funny, I really don't remember much but I don't think there was much care to it (Plz correct me if wrong). I also vote against it because it is so OVERRATED. But seriously, I didn't find it as interesting as Gliscor.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Gliscor over Quilava because of its comic relief and how it had a lot of moves of different types (Screech, X-Scissor, Fire Fang, Steel Wing, Giga Impact, Stone Edge). I didn't like how Quilava took such a long time to evolve from Cyndaquil; IMO, Cyndaquil should've evolved in Johto.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I like Gliscor over Quilava because of its comic relief and how it had a lot of moves of different types (Screech, X-Scissor, Fire Fang, Steel Wing, Giga Impact, Stone Edge). I didn't like how Quilava took such a long time to evolve from Cyndaquil; IMO, Cyndaquil should've evolved in Johto.
    Who cares how long it took to evolve,it is not like the writers care what the fans think or say,but you do have a right to your opinion.

Cyndaquil was a badass back in Johto since he prove how powerful he really was, Quilava is powerful aswell and he did learn new fire attack moves before and after evolving.

Gliscor is a really great and cool pokemon but it seem to be a little underrated just like Ash's entire Sinnoh team.

I am glad to vote for Gliscor.

Last edited:

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    but it seem to be a little underrated just like Ash's entire Sinnoh team.

YES! That's the term. As much as strong some of his Sinnoh Pokemon were, they are still underrated. I really can't tell why, Looking from the objective Point of view, his Sinnoh team was good. Its not like the writers are gonna give him a weak team at a specific series. They are all the same. All his Pokemons turn out to be good.

I really can't believe I voted against a FIRE STARTER O_O (its my best combination), though I never hated that thing, it was lovely but In my opinion, I saw more from Gliscor. In other words, Gliscor is Prior.

Years
    I voted Gliscor cos (insert gender here) was hilarious and made me enjoy the DP series.

I did see the episode where Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava but never got to see much of its development.

So yeah, I vote Gliscor.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Cyndaquil and Quilava were really powerful pokemon. Gliscor was really strong as well but it needs more screentime.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Oh gosh so late. :x

My vote goes to Gliscor, I just loved his personality, even though he was a cry baby, to put it. I think he's one of the few Pokemon who developed quite well. I like Gliscor more than Quilava too, we haven't seen much of Quilava.

Back