• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Acknowledging other version as a parrallel world

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • Anyone else pick up on this?
    On my Omega Ruby, Archie is seen talking about a different world "a little different from ours" where his team could be "trying to revive Kyogre", I assume this is reversed in Alpha Sapphire?

There's also mention of the meteorite potentially ending up in a world the same but different to the one we're playing in if it is warped away, could these be linked? Could the Draconid people be aware of both the Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby worlds as being independent? ("We have long observed it to be similar to ours")

I just thought this was cool, never seen the 'other' version referenced in previous titles.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think it's pretty much agreed on by everyone that the parallel universe that they refer to in Delta Episode is the other version, but honestly I understood it to be the original Ruby and Sapphire versions lol...

There was something floating around about how ORAS and XY are in an entirely different universe from all of the preceding games. That's why Mauville is the way it is - because Wattson never gave up on his plans to remodel the city (like he did in RSE), stuff like that.

Who knows!

EDIT: Yeah, here. this pic. It would explain why there are Mega Evolutions when they were absent in RSE, too.

Years
  • I think it's pretty much agreed on by everyone that the parallel universe that they refer to in Delta Episode is the other version, but honestly I understood it to be the original Ruby and Sapphire versions lol...

There was something floating around about how ORAS and XY are in an entirely different universe from all of the preceding games. That's why Mauville is the way it is - because Wattson never gave up on his plans to remodel the city (like he did in RSE), stuff like that.

Who knows!

EDIT: Yeah, here. this pic. It would explain why there are Mega Evolutions when they were absent in RSE, too.

You know, when you think about it, that's kinda right. Because in the original games, I remember Wattson said something on how he gave up his plans to remake the city, and then in this game we get basically an outlet mall. If Gen VI is in a different universe from the rest of the games, that might explain why the Oceanic Museum in Slateport shows the Royal Unova having not been fully constructed yet.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    You know, when you think about it, that's kinda right. Because in the original games, I remember Wattson said something on how he gave up his plans to remake the city, and then in this game we get basically an outlet mall. If Gen VI is in a different universe from the rest of the games, that might explain why the Oceanic Museum in Slateport shows the Royal Unova having not been fully constructed yet.

I think it's open for debate, honestly. In Black and White there was that one city, Opelucid, where it was either hyper modern or super traditional, depending on your game. So it's also correct that the different versions themselves are in different universes.

I think Game Freak came up with XY/ORAS being in an entirely separate universe to prevent plot conflict, especially with this being a remake. It works to cover up plot holes with the introduction of the Fairy-type, plus both XY and ORAS mention major events that happened 3,000 years ago, maybe that's when the universes "split apart" or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know, when you think about it, that's kinda right. Because in the original games, I remember Wattson said something on how he gave up his plans to remake the city, and then in this game we get basically an outlet mall. If Gen VI is in a different universe from the rest of the games, that might explain why the Oceanic Museum in Slateport shows the Royal Unova having not been fully constructed yet.

Well remember that BW happen prior to RSE in the timeline we're used to, so likely it's the same here. Proof of this is the Magma and Aqua grunts in B2W2 mentioning how a "long" time ago they were member of Magma and Aqua (well they mention their plots but not the names of the teams). Now the Royal Unova was done by BW which happened only 2 years before those and 2 years isn't a "long" time ago by most counts.

Btw I couldn't help but think about those grunts in B2W2 during the scene with the Grunts in the Battle Resort who love one another...I think that couple is the alternate world's version of the B2W2 couple, only this time they got the chance to not hide their past from one another.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I think it's because in game canon, Ruby and Sapphire got merged into Emerald

So, if you think about it, only Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are true canon while Red, Blue/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Firered/Leafgreen, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Diamond/Pearl are all alternative universe

In my headcanon, Black and White, Black and White 2, X&Y and ORAS are part of an alternate timeline that follows it's own formula

Omega Ruby takes place roughly five years before Black, which leads to Black 2, which takes place at the same time as X

Alpha Sapphir, White, White 2 and Y are their alternative timeline

kartöflur

actual potato
    Years
  • EDIT: Yeah, here. "This pic". It would explain why there are Mega Evolutions when they were absent in RSE, too.

...and all the games prior to X and Y. I think this mega evolution stuff multiplied the number of universes in Pokémon, but I like how they explained sort of why they're not in older games without making mega evolution a super-brand-new discovery.

I think with ORAS and RSE alone, they created what, five universes? And technically, if you think, each universe in every single person's game is different, but I'm not going into depth there haha. RSE was less technologically advanced because there was no mega evolution, and ORAS had all the fun tech stuff because they had mega evolution, and therefore the energy to create the things they did?

The Delta Episode that explained how mega evolution came to be was a nice touch though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    This would all mean that Hoopa makes a lot more sense, as not merely a time-traveler (like Celebi?) but also a dimensionally travelling entity. Maybe Hoopa's 'hyperspace'-esque gates penetrate parallel realities or create splinter-realities through the action of time-travel.

Years
  • In my headcanon, Black and White, Black and White 2, X&Y and ORAS are part of an alternate timeline that follows it's own formula

But in BW, Cynthia says you "remind her of that trainer who faced Giratina", implying that they take place in the same timeline that Platinum did.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This is also interesting because this means that the "Strongest Mega Evolution" Pokemon anime episodes are also in this parallel world, as Steven references the trainer with the black Charizard in the Delta Episode, I believe. Weird if you think about it though, because that means that the Steven of this world already encountered Mega Rayquaza at some point before the DE.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    According to Steven in the Delta Episode in ORAS he remembers battling Rayquaza with a trainer that was in possession of a Black Charizard. Alain from Strongest Mega Evolution has a Black Charizard and fought along side Steven against Rayquaza. According to Alain's friend, Mairin she saw on the news that Ash stopped the rampaging Garchomp from Pokemon X and Y Episode 2. Meaning Strongest Mega Evolution and the Pokemon X and Y Series happen at the same time. Possibly meaning ORAS happens years in the future. Are they trying to tell us that Pokemon games in the ORAS timeline are connected to Ash's Timeline? I highly doubt BW/2 take place in an alternate universe the new timeline is only X/Y and OR/AS. They have it where in the new timeline Mega Evolution exists. in the old one it is known about but isn't common knowledge.

Main Timeline: Fr/LG and R/S/E --> Heartgold/SoulSilver --> Red Gyarados incident --> D/P/Pt --> B/W --> B2/W2
    Alternate Mega Only Timeline --> OR/AS --> X/Y and possible the anime and Strongest Mega Evolution.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    But in BW, Cynthia says you "remind her of that trainer who faced Giratina", implying that they take place in the same timeline that Platinum did.

And in BW2, she mentions it again at the PWT
    Alright, looks like just X&Y and ORAS are alternate timelines, due to Mega Evolution

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't say no to a Kanto Remake that follows Red's journey after he beats the Indigo League

After beating the Sevii Island quests (maybe have it take place during the main story, after Red defeats Giovanni at the Game Corner, you get an urgent message from Bill about Clio and it merges with the Rocket Warehouse plotline), Red travels to Johto and battles the gyms there, rematches the Indigo League and finds a familiar face on Mt. Silver...

This is also interesting because this means that the "Strongest Mega Evolution" Pokemon anime episodes are also in this parallel world, as Steven references the trainer with the black Charizard in the Delta Episode, I believe. Weird if you think about it though, because that means that the Steven of this world already encountered Mega Rayquaza at some point before the DE.

It's a shame you need the Shiny Beldum to get that easter egg; in a few years, nobody will remember that detail

Also, during my playthrough, I found this line

"Looking at your white Pokémon reminds me of the Devon President's son. I heard he traveled all the way to Kalos, crossing three oceans to find the white Pokémon and some kind of stone. That's what you'd expect from someone calling himself a wandering stone collector." - Fossil Maniac route 114

-

It's been confirmed that X&Y take place at the same time as Black and White 2, according to Toshinobu Matsumiya in a Twitter post (According to Bulbapedia, anyway)

Although that was back in May, 2014, so take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
    Back