• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add A ~Spark~ To Your Life - The ~Electric~ Fan Club!!!! (Celebrating First Anniversary)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Is it ok if I participate in previous discussions that I missed?

We just got a new one, but this is an interesting topic to me nonetheless. As I said above, I'm quite happy with Togedemaru's design, but let's think about what ELSE there could be. In Gen 8, perhaps, or even just theoretical for funsies.

But before we talk about that, we need to ask ourselves: What exactly IS Dedenne?

Most people point to Dedenne and say it's a hamster, but wait just a moment. Have you ever seen a hamster with a tail like that? This leads me to believe that Dedenne might be a gerbil or a dormouse, species with similar tails.

That said, it might be fun to have a hamster Pokemon. Though that might be too hard to make different-looking than Dedenne... How about a jerboa Pokemon? Wouldn't that be interesting?
    Yes of course, u can discuss any previous topic u want, no restrictions :)

Dedenne might be a combination of a hazel dormouse & a hamster, maybe even a gerbil.

Ya we did discuss about various other options for the next Pikaclone, including jerboas, oppossums, capybaras, guinea pigs etc.

I came up with this idea:-

What say if the Pikaclone is an Electric/Poison Type Porcupine, something that can roll up & shoot quills that can either Paralyze or Poison & it can have either the Static or Poison Point Ability, that'd be really cool huh {:3}.
    I think Togedemaru, while not exactly what I though of, is very close to that {:3}.

Pika Pika :chu:

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    Opossums are marsupials, not rodents, actually.

But, hedgehogs aren't, rodents either, so, I guess the Electric Rodent of each generation no longer have to be rodents anymore, huh? I guess they need a new term now. Something else for us to call them.

P.S. I've seen some pretty fun opossum fakemon, I think something like that would be a fun addition.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Name: Ozzy
    Favourite Electric Type Pokemon(s): Pachirisu! My favourite Pokémon :D
    Favourite Electric Type Move(s): Nuzzle; so cute :D
    Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon: They're shockingly cool! Puns aside, I love how fast and energetic they all are and they'd feel so exciting to train as a result. Electric encompasses a great range of Pokémon personalities including the brawling badasses like Electabuzz and Magnezone, and the adorable critters like all of the electric rodents.
    Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Pachirisu! Pachi-pa :D
    Add A ~Spark~ To Your Life - The ~Electric~ Fan Club!!!! (Celebrating First Anniversary)

Your Tag Partner's Nickname: Bubblegum

Which is your favourite Electric Type Pokemon, released so far, in Sun & Moon?
    Oricorio! It's only Electric-type 1/4 of the time but I utterly adore it and can't wait to use it on a team. It's suuuuch a cool Pokémon and its personality/appearance are just wonderful. I can't wait to see his special Electric-type dance move in action!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Name: Ozzy
    Favourite Electric Type Pokemon(s): Pachirisu! My favourite Pokémon :D
    Favourite Electric Type Move(s): Nuzzle; so cute :D
    Why do you like Electric Type Pokemon: They're shockingly cool! Puns aside, I love how fast and energetic they all are and they'd feel so exciting to train as a result. Electric encompasses a great range of Pokémon personalities including the brawling badasses like Electabuzz and Magnezone, and the adorable critters like all of the electric rodents.
    Your Electric Type Tag Partner: Pachirisu! Pachi-pa :D

Your Tag Partner's Nickname: Bubblegum

Which is your favourite Electric Type Pokemon, released so far, in Sun & Moon?
    Oricorio! It's only Electric-type 1/4 of the time but I utterly adore it and can't wait to use it on a team. It's suuuuch a cool Pokémon and its personality/appearance are just wonderful. I can't wait to see his special Electric-type dance move in action!
    Hey Ozzy (aka Squirrel), welcome to the Club man :). Yep the Pom-Pom Style Oricorio, is certainly a welcome addition. Charging its feathers with static Electricity while dancing, sound cool huh.

And hey buddy there's also an Event going on, so do participate in that. And if u have something to say regarding previous discussion (check out the OP, for all details), u are welcome to share ur thoughts {:3}.

Opossums are marsupials, not rodents, actually.

But, hedgehogs aren't, rodents either, so, I guess the Electric Rodent of each generation no longer have to be rodents anymore, huh? I guess they need a new term now. Something else for us to call them.

P.S. I've seen some pretty fun opossum fakemon, I think something like that would be a fun addition.
    Yep, that's exactly right, that's why the term "Pikaclones" suits them more than "Electric Rodents". And ya, opossums are marsupials & Hedgehogs actually belong to the Eulipotyphla family. We had a very interesting discussing about all that :).

Also, if they are Electric "Rodents", as they are referred to, how can the original one, Pikachu, be based on a Pika, as some people say, coz Pikas aren't rodents either, they belong to the lagomorph family (which includes rabbits & hares).

P.S. - If u have Fanarts of Electric Pokemon, u can share them here {:3}.

Current Event - My Electric Type ELITE FOUR MEMBER. Here are the RULES

Current Discussion - Which is your favourite Electric Type Pokemon, released so far, in Sun & Moon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hi! Sorry for having been gone from the club for soooo long. I might do the event later, seems like fun.

For Alola electric mons, I really like Tapu Koku haha. Liked it from the moment I saw it! Fairy/Electric is a fun typing too. Vikavolt is also amazing, but I'm not very impressed with the pika-clone tbh d: Togdemaru. It's... not even cute ;;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, cute is in the eye of the beholder. I have to say that Togedemaru has a much cuter design, personally!
    Than Pikachu?

Yes, I suppose you are right haha. Sometimes I actually need to see a pokémon in the anime in order to appreciate it. Might be that Togdemaru needs to be featured before I find it cute ;D But for now it mostly just... It has Quilladin's nose, okay haha.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
    Sometimes I actually need to see a pokémon in the anime in order to appreciate it. Might be that Togdemaru needs to be featured before I find it cute ;D

Or fanart, try some fanart as well. That tends to do the trick. I reblogged some if you want to see. Devart probably has some pretty ones too.
    It's also rather cute when it does its spiky triangles animation.
    But for now it mostly just... It has Quilladin's nose, okay haha.

Oh? I don't see the resemblance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You're right c: I shouldn't judge it so harshly. And like I said, once it gets to the anime I'm sure it'll grow on me haha.

Emolga and Pachirisu did actually.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    hi! Sorry for having been gone from the club for soooo long. I might do the event later, seems like fun.

For Alola electric mons, I really like Tapu Koku haha. Liked it from the moment I saw it! Fairy/Electric is a fun typing too. Vikavolt is also amazing, but I'm not very impressed with the pika-clone tbh d: Togdemaru. It's... not even cute ;;
    Well, cute is in the eye of the beholder. I have to say that Togedemaru has a much cuter design, personally!
    Than Pikachu?

Yes, I suppose you are right haha. Sometimes I actually need to see a pokémon in the anime in order to appreciate it. Might be that Togdemaru needs to be featured before I find it cute ;D But for now it mostly just... It has Quilladin's nose, okay haha.
    Or fanart, try some fanart as well. That tends to do the trick. I reblogged some if you want to see. Devart probably has some pretty ones too.
    It's also rather cute when it does its spiky triangles animation.

Oh? I don't see the resemblance.
    Not exactly, but you see what I mean a little bit more here.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, it does look kinda upturned in that fanart. You gotta take fanarts with a grain of salt since artists draw things the way they see things, or take artistic liberties~!
    You're right c: I shouldn't judge it so harshly. And like I said, once it gets to the anime I'm sure it'll grow on me haha.

Emolga and Pachirisu did actually.
    Hey adventure, wb, finally ^^. And oddball, thnx for bringing up the discussion man :).

If I had to choose between Tapu Koko & Vikavolt, as regards to who I'd want in my team, I dunno, maybe I'd choose Vikavolt, mainly due to its Levitate ability.

Togedemaru is cute, but cuter than Pikachu, nah :P.

Well I'd usually wait for a Pokemon to appear in the anime before I judge it by its looks. I can see though what adventure is trying to say. Although not very prominent, there does seem to be a resemblance. But again as I said, let's wait for the anime or the games to release maybe.

Ya fanarts do take a lot of artistic liberties, but its coz everyone has their own perspective of seeing things, which others may or may not agree with :).

Btw Cadet adventure & Cadet ordinaryOddball, I'm very pleased to inform both of u, that as a result of this little conversation, both of u are now entitled to a rise in the Rankings. So from now on, u'll be known as Lieutenant adventure & Lieutenant ordinaryOddball ^^ ^^.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Yay, can I also evolve Pichu into Pikachu somehow? o:
    Not yet! You need to have the Rank of a Captain (10 Posts)
    Absolutely right there Oddball, adventure u need 4 more posts to get there & Oddball u need just 2 more {:3}.

Btw adventure just noticed, Rika + Vikavolt = Rikavolt, nice one :P

And everybody, plz congratulate ur Club Owner, coz this is my 75th Post on this Club Thread, which means I, Brigadier LegendChu will now be known as GENERAL LegendChu.

All hail - General LegendChu.

A big round of applause {XD}

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
    Back