• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add A ~Spark~ To Your Life - The ~Electric~ Fan Club!!!! (Celebrating First Anniversary)

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • What I am scared about a discord server is that it might kill the forum's club... Well, for the animal crossing club, it was super active on the forum but when the skype chat arrived it all... felt down. Maybe it's not totally related and just a coincidence? But I kinda am scare of a second chat because why using this club if there's a discord chat?

virtualboy2558

Versatile Virty ^u^
    Years
  • Like everyone, it's good to see that the club has its 1 year anniversary coming up. =)
    Hmm... 60+ members, but how many are actually part of the club, and how many did 1 post and never came back? It's like how forums claim to have thousands of members when maybe 1% are actually writing in it, while 99% are abandoned accounts. =/

But putting numbers aside, does this club feature more? Like a group on Discord or can members PM another as a sign to be actual club members that can work as a team or more than just usernames in the userlist?
    (I already know LegendChu won't PM me, because he ignored my attempt I made about a week ago, but I'm just curious which users are willing to PM another or are okay with it =O)
    Idea: If there isn't a Discord group, I could make one for this club and put a bunch of Electric-type related "emoji" into it (but only what people agree on which can be emoji from any volunteer) and LegendChu the admin of it. ^^

Spoiler: Am busy rendering/making Gifs

I was quite busy with my own project. Nothing important, but after wanting to remove the backgrounds of sprites did I notice all of them having wrong coloring, and the animations from Pokémon Crystal they made suck... So I'm doing everything from scratch myself with the help of an emulator and a screenshot-tool to take pictures every 17ms (almost 60fps which the emulator seems to run on)

Seeing how this is an Electric club, here's my attempt to capture Zapdos and turn it into a Gif.
    Add A ~Spark~ To Your Life - The ~Electric~ Fan Club!!!! (Celebrating First Anniversary)

Code:
    [PLAIN][IMG]https://pokemote.com/c/zapdos.gif[/IMG][/PLAIN]
    Individual unique images:

(I have to take 100-300 screenshots and minimize them to 10-20 frames of animation to make 1 Pokémon animation ._.)

It's pretty much the same thing as making N64 renders, only way quicker. ^^ I'll do the other Pokémon too from Pokémon Crystal, but that's all I only got about 6 Pokémon so far *sweat*

Speaking of Electric, here's Pikachu from the intro Pokémon Yellow intro, with few edits. ^^

Code:
    [PLAIN][img]https://pokemote.com/y/titlepikachupika.gif[/img]
    [img]https://pokemote.com/y/titlepikachu.gif[/img][/PLAIN]
    (Some of these look better with bright background, though Pikachu without text looks great either way ^^)

Couple of edits from my end (Virty has made tons more which look freaking amazing, but I'll let him post those =D)

Code:
    [PLAIN][IMG]https://pokemote.com/y/titlepikachufood.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://pokemote.com/y/titledittoditto.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://pokemote.com/y/titleditto.gif[/IMG][/PLAIN]

Also got some smaller stuff from that game. ;P (only showing few things, not all)

Question concerning my project: When "making" Gifs like these
    from the games, do you think I should enhance the outline / the bright dots around the image and fix minor errors? I feel like it would look better if they could work on black backgrounds too. =O Maybe provide a couple of versions like "zapdos" as the enhanced version, and "zapdosold" for the old unedited version?

Yeah... I often see that a lot in forums how they claim to have so many users, yet those users joined for a few posts and never responded ever again. *sweat*

I would like to know too if there's any more activities beyond discussions and messaging. =O You mentioned about Discord, Merry. ^_^ I wonder if you guys also partake in any online Electric-type Pokemon battles between current games (X/Y, OR/AS, Sun/Moon), or having a Twitch account where we can see people playing stuff like Hey You, Pikachu! or whatnot. What other things you guys do? (A Discord server with Electric Pokemon smilies would be fun to chat in! =D)

I cannot believe it that every source we went to, the colors for their Pokemon Crystal sprites are completely off. o_o Why is that? But yeah... Merry and me are trying to make authentic-as-possible sprites with the exact coloring the games actually display in the emulator, and even make some clean-up edits if need be. ^#^

Zapdos looks very nicely paced together in its speed, big bro! ^o^ Well done! Ah yeah, I can see the issue you mean with wanting to enhance sprites like these with brighter outlines... it especially becomes more apparent with darker background like right here. *sweat* So I think it would be better if we also have versions along with the old ones where the brighter pixels are either removed or colored in black to look cleaner. ^_^

The Pikachu Yellow intro looks amazing! >#u#< <3 All the different assets now individually clipped for anyone to use! My personal favorite is the Flying Pikachu, how it bobs up and down with such a happy expression. ^u^ I really would love if people use these as smilies or for their signatures! They would really fit well at home in this club! ^o^ Who wouldn't look at this and not gush from how cute the little guy is? >w< <3 Awwwww... you even mentioned about me making some too! ;#; Yes, I should pull them up in here. =#> I hope that people will like them. '#'

Spoiler:

I'll add more to the spoiler tag when I create them. ^#^

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • I don't like the idea of a Discord group since I'm already in 19 of them. Tough enough to keep track of as is.
    What I am scared about a discord server is that it might kill the forum's club... Well, for the animal crossing club, it was super active on the forum but when the skype chat arrived it all... felt down. Maybe it's not totally related and just a coincidence? But I kinda am scare of a second chat because why using this club if there's a discord chat?

Um, not all of us are in 19 groups. I believe that if some people wanted a group, they should go ahead and have one to participate in. The forum is for discussion, not much for chatting.

Sigh... you know, if that's how it's just going to be here, with people being close-minded, afraid to take chances or go beyond, then I think I should just leave this club, sorry. Virty has been feeling like that too actually, not very motivated.
    About 10 years ago, I was in a clan that actually had something that resembled a club. It was called squads, and they were pretty much the "force" of the clan. They had their very own section in the forum that only squad members could see, had their own training and events going on that normal members could not participate in (except on some occasions). Whenever they beat a "clan war" their scores would be posted on the site for everyone to see. We didn't just have 1 squad, but a squad for every online game we were playing, including squad leaders, co-leaders, etc. These squads and the clan itself consisted of users ranging usually from the age of 9 to 16. (sometimes they can be even younger or much older) Those sites were usually kept at about 20-100 active users, because we would discard anyone who didn't seem worth it or be inactive without notice for good reasons.

Some of my competing clans had their own groups, much like this one, except with their own username color, own sections, room in the chatroom, groups in Instant Messaging, and more.

I'm not sure how it works in the U.S., but I only remember how it worked in Germany some time ago, but think it probably improved more by now, seeing how they constantly compete with another, mocking those that lack their standards or fall behind. (I should know, my clan, 10 years ago like said, had to compete against guys that specialized in vector graphics and Flash animation on the site itself, before these things were made easy)

Eh, I don't know. I kinda see a trend of "people being comfortable with what they got and afraid of changes". So no, I'm leaving this club. I could go ahead and make my own... but who would join, am I right?

So yeah... I'm a bit disappointed. Thanks for the invite, Mawa, and sorry to let you down.

PS: As for the Discord thing... How would it destroy this topic? Back in my clan, we had a forum, homepage, and chatroom besides Skype, and all of them were active. Heck, me being online in the chatroom actually encourages me to create more content to show in the forum, while also using the forum to display when events could take place, what events, and save all your content. We knew that chatrooms aren't that good with keeping things saved, because it's all about chatting. That's why we use the forum to document things, so that these replies will still exist in the future and can be searched.
    Also, being able to chat with another could increase the bond between users, make them a better team, then being so limited in a topic. I have no idea how being able to communicate better and expand a group would be a bad thing. Are people just too comfortable to go through changes, even when it can be for the better? Is it too confusing or too much to remember, like how people want less in the games than more? Is it more work? I doubt it would be. Sigh... I don't understand you guys... Again, maybe what makes sense to me doesn't make sense to you, seeing how I was raised in a different country. When I hear club, I think about something like "people chatting, having fun, with everyone in the same room". If it's just a topic, it's like mailing a letter and waiting for the next person to open it and send his response. That's what a forum feels like, except everyone gets to see the letter.

I like what Virty suggested with Twitch and stuff, that would have sounded like fun. Like having one of us stream Pokémon Yellow, maybe even with our own rules that only Electric-types can be in the team. =P
    I'll remember his idea and try to implement that in our own thing when we make it. ^^ (not related to the forum)

Last edited:

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
  • I have arranged for a Room(I'm the mod there previously and still I m) Guys Just come to the battle server ( Note: Don't go to the main server the room is in Pokecommunity battle server:-))
    Tours and leagues will be held there specially modified for the Electric Club! I was busy giving exams ( today is the last one) so I couldn't post earlier sorry folks!
    Edit: The room name is Pokémon League( be sure to drop by)

What I am scared about a discord server is that it might kill the forum's club... Well, for the animal crossing club, it was super active on the forum but when the skype chat arrived it all... felt down. Maybe it's not totally related and just a coincidence? But I kinda am scare of a second chat because why using this club if there's a discord chat?
    I do agree on this point.
    Making a discord group sounds good but for that this thread won't be able to work. I guess a battle server room is better coz it will also help Pokecommunity users to interact well and they can discuss bout any problems they have in rom hacking or get ideas for writing articles and also they can battle for fun. I know it may sound a little awkward but you should think bout the community as a whole too!
    Well The Anniversary is just after 4 Days ( according to my time ISD) So
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    You hit the nail right on the head, the forum is for discussions & that is the purpose of the club. Yes Members joined & maybe some of them are not active now, but priorities change & you can't disregard those who helped shape up the club. And no one's saying don't make a Discord chat, go ahead & make one. I myself cannot be part of Discord Servers for reasons, but if Members want to join, they are free to. But as an extension for the club, not a good idea. The Battle Showdown is a good idea, but again as a one off thing, for a special occassion maybe. Anything that takes discussions outside the Forums, will take away the focus & kill off the club, which is exactly what Mawa is trying to tell you. And everyone is busy with rl stuff & maybe will not want to get so involved.

Also, I've kept the club very open-ended, I've never kicked anyone out, whether active or not & anyone can join/post whenever they want. Merry, Virty, I do love the fact that you guys want to be so involved in Club activities & would want you to keep contributing, but you should also be a bit more patient & respect the opinions of other Members.

Pika Pika :chu:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Eh, I don't know. I kinda see a trend of "people being comfortable with what they got and afraid of changes". So no, I'm leaving this club. I could go ahead and make my own... but who would join, am I right?

So yeah... I'm a bit disappointed. Thanks for the invite, Mawa, and sorry to let you down.

Hum I am not sure to understand, you are leaving this group? Well it's your choice, I just hope it's not for a debate about a Discord server :/ I mean debates and discussions are fun when everything is due in respect and imo it is respectful here. Maybe I am the one not seeing the problem?

But hey like Chu said, it's a free virtual space and someone can do a Discord server if they want. I was just giving my opinion, my experience of a chat related to a club on a forum. Nobody is stopping anybody, if that make sens.

Anyway, on a positive note, did I heard we have a room in the battle server? :D

Years
  • Hum I am not sure to understand, you are leaving this group? Well it's your choice, I just hope it's not for a debate about a Discord server :/ I mean debates and discussions are fun when everything is due in respect and imo it is respectful here. Maybe I am the one not seeing the problem?

But hey like Chu said, it's a free virtual space and someone can do a Discord server if they want. I was just giving my opinion, my experience of a chat related to a club on a forum. Nobody is stopping anybody, if that make sens.

Anyway, on a positive note, did I heard we have a room in the battle server? :D
    It's a shame to see the 2 go so soon, I also hope it wasn't because of the Discord ordeal.

I have arranged for a Room(I'm the mod there previously and still I m) Guys Just come to the battle server ( Note: Don't go to the main server the room is in Pokecommunity battle server:-))
    Tours and leagues will be held there specially modified for the Electric Club! I was busy giving exams ( today is the last one) so I couldn't post earlier sorry folks!
    Edit: The room name is Pokémon League( be sure to drop by)

Also, we got a room in the battle server, neat! Do you know any of the special rules we would be using?

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
  • Also, we got a room in the battle server, neat! Do you know any of the special rules we would be using?
    Um..... Yes there are some rules to be followed!
    I'll list them here:
    1. Do never spam or you will be permanently banned from the room
    2. Behave nicely
    3. Do not brag if you win a battle or tour( I don't think u guys r childish)
    These rules are the general Pokémon battle server rules.
    Just be nice!
    I'll be there by the name Volty Shocks. Be sure to drop by
    You hit the nail right on the head, the forum is for discussions & that is the purpose of the club. Yes Members joined & maybe some of them are not active now, but priorities change & you can't disregard those who helped shape up the club. And no one's saying don't make a Discord chat, go ahead & make one. I myself cannot be part of Discord Servers for reasons, but if Members want to join, they are free to. But as an extension for the club, not a good idea. The Battle Showdown is a good idea, but again as a one off thing, for a special occassion maybe. Anything that takes discussions outside the Forums, will take away the focus & kill off the club, which is exactly what Mawa is trying to tell you. And everyone is busy with rl stuff & maybe will not want to get so involved.
    I know that really well. I didn't mean to take the discussions out as it has some risk of killing the club in no time. I agree with you. We'll in my opinion anything can be done like making a discord or any other idea but the discussions should continue only here! That's a major requirement for the club to survive.
    Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Um..... Yes there are some rules to be followed!
    I'll list them here:
    1. Do never spam or you will be permanently banned from the room
    2. Behave nicely
    3. Do not brag if you win a battle or tour( I don't think u guys r childish)
    These rules are the general Pokémon battle server rules.
    Just be nice!
    I'll be there by the name Volty Shocks. Be sure to drop by

I know that really well. I didn't mean to take the discussions out as it has some risk of killing the club in no time. I agree with you. We'll in my opinion anything can be done like making a discord or any other idea but the discussions should continue only here! That's a major requirement for the club to survive.
    Happy Anniversary!

Is it on right now? And is it electric type only?

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
    Years
  • Is it on right now? And is it electric type only?
    Yes Mawa it's on right now! Anyone of you can come whenever you want and I would be glad to have battles and tours with you all. I asked the room owner ( he's my best friend) and he allowed me to use it. Anyone of you can come anytime there I'm online almost all the time and would be glad to help you all with having tours and discussions but I would allow the room to be used for some days only otherwise the club may decline( God forbids it from happening)
    The room name is Pokémon League.
    Sorry Mawa we don't have electric specific battles.... I didn't ask the administrators but anyone of you can ask them maybe Raj can ^^
    Today is May 8th according to my time..... So,
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Spoiler: NOTIFICATIONS
    Sheep said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Mawa said:
    Starter - Chinchou
    Harish Sceptile said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Song of Time said:
    Starter - Pichu
    BadSheep said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Starry Windy said:
    Starter - Pachirisu
    NinjaQueen said:
    Starter - Emolga
    Aslan said:
    Starter - Stunfisk
    Lycanthropy said:
    Starter - Magnemite
    Poké Bean said:
    Starter - Plusle
    KorpiklaaniVodka said:
    Starter - Stunfisk
    satoshi said:
    Starter - Pichu
    DragonGuru said:
    Starter - Shinx
    Clover said:
    Starter - Shinx
    XxSheepyxX said:
    Starter - Mareep
    IsaacTwentySeven said:
    Starter - Elekid
    Korbinia said:
    Starter - Pikachu
    Wethrin said:
    Starter - Emolga
    TeeJay_the_Raichu said:
    Starter - Pikachu
    DyingWillFlareon said:
    Starter - Joltik
    Fletch said:
    Starter - Joltik
    DKoolGal said:
    Starter - Pachirisu
    Aaron said:
    Starter - Voltorb
    Return said:
    Starter - Pachirisu
    Imrul Quayes Adnan said:
    Starter - Pikachu
    SolarSnivy said:
    Starter - Pichu
    TheLegendaryGuy said:
    Starter - Electrike
    Sunshine Moonlight said:
    Starter - Pichu
    Mugdho01 said:
    Starter - Dedenne
    Caite-chan said:
    Starter - Magnemite
    JustSander said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Killua said:
    Starter - Shinx
    FireSnow said:
    Starter - Tynamo
    Afterglow Ampharos said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Squirrel said:
    Starter - Pachirisu
    stormivy said:
    Starter - Pichu
    Espeonica said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Forever said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Cakesu said:
    Starter - Joltik
    Phosphophyllite said:
    Starter - Magnemite
    Sunstruck said:
    Starter - Shinx
    Del said:
    Starter - Heloptile
    GreenLegend56 said:
    Starter - Mareep
    RahulPokeMaster said:
    Starter - Elekid
    ジュナイパー said:
    Starter - Emolga
    Fayt_darkblade said:
    Starter - Joltik
    Linyit said:
    Starter - Heloptile
    LadyLucina said:
    Starter - Joltik
    Brendino said:
    Starter - Mareep
    HyperMorian said:
    Starter - Joltik
    GnX1 said:
    Starter - Heloptile
    TOM said:
    Starter - Mareep
    Cool_Porygon said:
    Starter - Pichu
    LilyGardy said:
    Starter - Pikachu
    Selena Fluorspar said:
    Starter - Shinx
    Soapie❤ said:
    Starter - Mareep
    NightKrow said:
    Starter - Shinx
    Radiating said:
    Starter - Shinx
    M.E.R.255 said:
    Starter - Pichu
    virtualboy2558 said:
    Starter - Joltik
    VoltYellow said:
    Starter - Pikachu
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Finally, its time, the Electric Fan Club completes one year ^^ ^^. Thanks everyone for making it possible!

Joining us in the Celebrations, are some very special guests.

The Pika Gang {<3}

The Flintstones

The Minions

And as a special treat, some exotic dancers, with a special Anniversary Song & Dance. Enjoy ^_^!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • HAPPY ANNIVESARY!!

Btw anyone here saw the video of the deflating Pikachu in a dance choreography?

Oh and I might sound stupid but... how do I access our showdown's room? XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • HAPPY ANNIVESARY!!

Btw anyone here saw the video of the deflating Pikachu in a dance choreography?

Oh and I might sound stupid but... how do I access our showdown's room? XD
    I saw it and it was pretty funny. {XD} I like how a ton of people rushed over to carry the Pikachu.

For the PC battle room, it's here: https://pokecommunity.psim.us/
    I'm not sure if that's the one that we would use, though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Whoops, looks like I have celebrated the 1st anniversary tad bit too early {XD} Anyway, nice to see this club reached its first anniversary ^^

DISCUSSION #13 - Electric Fan Club, 1st Anniversary Celebration. Share your experiences as a Club Member.
    Personally, even though at times I'm just passing through and all (as in, not posting quite much), the fact that it's still up and running makes me glad I joined right here c:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Thanks a lot everyone ^^.

And you will also be glad to know that there have been a lot of promotions on the Club {:3}. Cadets HyperMorian, Radiating, VoltYellow, M.E.R.255, virtualboy2558 (hope I didn't miss any), all of you have been promoted to the Rank of a Lieutenant.

And Lieutenant BadSheep, you have been promoted as well & will now be known as Captain BadSheep. You can now change/evolve your Starter & choose another Pokemon from the "Available Starters" List :).

Back