• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding more graphics to a player's metadata

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm trying to implement a Pokemon Mount system in my game and want to add more spritesheets in the player's metadata to reflect these new forms of transportaion. I've been able to implement the effect of the mounts (basically by working off of the existing Bike scripts), but the new spritesheets I want the game to use don't appear. It just defaults to the trainer's standing spritesheet. I can't figure out how to have my new spritesheets display instead.

This is what I've done:

• I placed the new spritesheets in the Graphics/Characters folder, along with all of the other player sprites.

• I plugged the names of my new spritesheets into the metadata PBS file, following the defaults.

• In PField_Map, under the class PokemonGlobalMetdata, I added this under the bicycle line:
      Code:
      attr_accessor :mount

• In PField_Map, under def initialize, I added this under the bicycle line:
      Code:
      @mount                = false

• In PField_Field, under def Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle, I added this under the bicycle line:
      Code:
      elsif $PokemonGlobal.mount
           $game_player.character_name=pbGetPlayerCharset(meta,8)

• In Editor, under the module PlayerProperty, I added this under the line for surf-fishing:
      Code:
      [_INTL("Mount"),CharacterProperty,
                 _INTL("Mounted character sprite.")]

Then I just basically copy/pasted the bicycle scripts using $PokemonGlobal.mount instead of $PokemonGlobal.bicycle.

After doing all that, I've been able to recreate the Bike (I just made it accessible from the party menu, like an HM, rather than an Item). But when I use it, the graphics I want the game to use don't show up. My assumption is that Essentials doesn't read higher than 7 items in the player's metadata, which is why it's ignoring anything I plug in after the defaults. Either that, or I'm missing a line somewhere that is causing the game to default to the first spritesheet because it doesn't recognize my new graphics. Whatever the issue is, I would really appreciate some help in solving this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    In PField_Map around line 356 find:
    Code:
    "PlayerA"=>[MetadataPlayerA,"esssssss",:PBTrainers],
    If you want to add a new graphic just add in an "s" to the "essssss" code.
    Then open the metadata PBS file and add in the name of your graphic right after the last graphic name in PlayerA's data string.
    (Remember to add a comma before you insert your graphic name in metadata PBS to avoid errors.)
    And that's all you need to do!

Years
    • Seen today
    In PField_Map around line 356 find:
    Code:
    "PlayerA"=>[MetadataPlayerA,"esssssss",:PBTrainers],
    If you want to add a new graphic just add in an "s" to the "essssss" code.
    Then open the metadata PBS file and add in the name of your graphic right after the last graphic name in PlayerA's data string.
    (Remember to add a comma before you insert your graphic name in metadata PBS to avoid errors.)
    And that's all you need to do!

Wow, that was easy lol. Thanks a lot!

Back