• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Adding New Moves to Gen 3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
No matter what I do, I can't seem to get this to work correctly in PGE. Upon selecting the new, added move, I get an unhandled exception of the form "RecordNumber is not a valid value", at which point the program will not allow me to do anything else on the grounds of another program apparently using the file.

Has anyone else had similar errors? I'm pretty sure the table repointing has gone correctly for the most part, but PGE just seems to not handle the new moves after Psycho Boost.

EDIT: Ok, it seems as if the problem was the Attack Description Table. I tried recreating an extended version of that and repointing as necessary and it's working fine now. I wonder why this wasn't included in the tutorials in the same way as the Data, Names and Animation tables? It seems to be just as necessary from experience.

How many bytes did you copy and extend for the AttackDescriptionTable?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 21, 2023
Need help
I am use Emerald
I add new moves, but Metronome working only Pound (1) to Psycho Boost (354) , how to add new moves and randomized Metronome?

Back