• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventure Time!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Nope, this thread isn't related to that odd cartoon show. Rather, this is a thread where I'm gonna ask you about the ideal vacation.

Let's say you're on a vacation, and have the ability to visit any four (4) cities across the globe. Which cities would you go to, and why?

Personally, I'd go to London, Paris, Tokyo, and Los Angeles.

-London because I've always liked England, and also cause I have to fulfill something personal

-Paris because of the Lou and the Eiffel tower. Also, it's the city of romance.

-Tokyo because everything awesome is at Tokyo, no joke.

-Los Angeles because I've always wanted to go to the West Coast (I live in New York).

Years
  • London, right now, as the Olympics are going on.
    Toronto, always just wanted to go to Canada for some reason.
    Las Vegas, need to see what all the hype is about lol.
    I hear Iceland is pretty nice, so I guess Reykjavik.

Years
  • I'll throw London on the list because it's a huge city and even though I don't have any one thing which specifically makes me want to go there, I'm sure I'd find plenty of things I'd enjoy.

I think Prague would be fun to go to. Really, I wouldn't mind going to any big European city. This is just the first one to come to mind.

I would go to Hiroshima since I want to see the Peace Memorial Park, built on the site of the atomic bombing. I dunno. It just seems like something I have to do once in my life.

And, um, Istanbul. It's got lots of nice architecture and history.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Four is an odd number to randomly pull out of the hat, but whatever; I'll play :P

1. London - I've always loved England and the English and I hope to live there some day. I think that would be an awesome experience, so I'd love to go for a taste test of the London life :P. And yes, English people, I do know about the rain. It only adds to the allure.

2. Paris - I've heard it smells bad and all the rest, but I still want to go there and see all there is to see. It seems like a really pretty city and I'd love to see it and have a chance to put my rusty French skills to good use.

3. New York City - the city that never sleeps. I want to see this so bad. It's like, the height of culture in the western world. Need I say more?!

4. Seattle - my reasoning for this is kind of lame. It's the setting of both Frasier and Grey's Anatomy and I really just wanna go there and see it because of that. I also like the rain and I hear it rains there a lot :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • -London, to see the Big Ben
    -Paris, to indulge myself in its cuisine
    -Tokyo, to immerse myself in the Japanese culture and check out its technology
    -New York, because I barely remember going there during my childhood and it might be a good idea to revisit it

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hmm.. probably..

Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, and I'm not sure about the last one but maybe somewhere in Germany or somewhere in California.. or some Nordic country.

Just would like to experience these places. See the sights.. try the food.. have a good time exploring and seeing the culture :3

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • weird fantastical places.

tokyo/japan - love japan. japan. japan. japan...

seoul/skorea - would love to learn some korean

nkorea - fantastic place for someone as orderly as me apparently. New places give me a way to think about the "culture" I'm making up so experiencing an orderly country like North Korea would be wonderful. Though I'm not sure how they would feel about it :c

eu - europe is fantastic. Especially since 20 languages yoooooo

tahiti - weirdly enough it's about the languages more than the scenery

and so on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Tokyo: The otaku in me says I need to go there at least once.
    Rock Hill/Fort Mill, SC: Because it's been too long since I've last been there.
    Charleston/Mt. Pleasant, SC: Beautiful historical city, plus that really impressive bridge. I need to go back xD
    New York City, as long as it's not winter. My previous visits there have been brief, and I'd like to take the time to fully take in the sights.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • 1. Japan - Because I'm a near-Japanophile and I must go there a few times in my life before I'm even slightly satisfied. I love the culture, language and history of Japan, and for me to visit this amazing country would be a dream come true. I'd want to go all around Japan, but I HAVE to visit Tokyo since I love Japan for the cities, and where else to go for cities than the biggest city in the world?
    2. Hong Kong - I went there in 2007 for only 3 days and 2 nights and absolutely LOVED it. 3 days is not enough to spend in Hong Kong. As I said before, I love big cities and Hong Kong is a big city, so I have to go there again. My time there was brief and I didn't get to experience it fully, so the next time I go, I'd want to spend some quality time there and come away with more than just bags and bags of shopping.
    3. South Korea - My current favourite genre of music is K-Pop, so South Korea would obviously be next on my list. I'm not as infatuated with South Korea as I am with Japan, but I would like to visit it, nevertheless.
    4. Western Europe - I've been to Italy in 2007 and I really liked it. I want to see what the rest of Europe looks like, in particular, Germany and France.

Years
  • London because its sorta punk rockish

Paris because its the city of love

Spain because I enjoy the cultural

Italy for the historical pieces

Tyoko so I can inteview famous game designers

Years
  • I'd go to Adelaide in Australia cause my Fiance lives there and then I'd take him with me to any city in Scotland, England, Ireland and Japan, cause I'm interested in the history and culture ;w;

Back