• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Aethel Designs

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

Aethel Designs

In which I show you things that I have drawn with my bare hands. (No vectors, everything created by me from scratch)

Pokemon

Spoiler:

Aelita (My Original Series)

Spoiler:

Xeno

Spoiler:

Misc

Spoiler:

Changelog

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    First off, it's amazing how practical your work is. I feel like people could really use your art in incredible displays with relative ease. I can tell you made this for people to really enjoy, and it shows. Your lines are so clean in your MLP pieces, I'm surprised you made them by hand.

I especially like this one. The mood and atmosphere of the entire piece is so calming and reads well with your character. I admit, I'm not much of a MLP fan, but I do know that your character is very unique, and you've done a lot to make it very original and beautiful. How long have you been developing the character? And is that a hibiscus flower? Awesome. <3

You've done a lot to improve over the time. Keep it up, you're going great work here. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Wow, I really like your style! All of these are very well drawn. The Old Pokesonas piece is my favorite, keep up the great work and I'll make sure to keep up with this gallery. :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    First off, it's amazing how practical your work is. I feel like people could really use your art in incredible displays with relative ease. I can tell you made this for people to really enjoy, and it shows. Your lines are so clean in your MLP pieces, I'm surprised you made them by hand.

I especially like this one. The mood and atmosphere of the entire piece is so calming and reads well with your character. I admit, I'm not much of a MLP fan, but I do know that your character is very unique, and you've done a lot to make it very original and beautiful. How long have you been developing the character? And is that a hibiscus flower? Awesome. <3

You've done a lot to improve over the time. Keep it up, you're going great work here. :)
    Thank you. :3 I'd honestly rather people not use my art in derivative works except myself, but I do like it when people enjoy it. The lines themselves took me years of practice to master. It just happens naturally over time when you're trying to emulate a vector and don't actually care to learn the process. (I tried, find it very tedious)

I'm glad I've managed to portray it through the picture. I wanted to show magic through my picture, my character doing what she is most comfortable with. I've been developing this character for many years, actually. But she's based on myself and I've been trying to catch the artistic side of my personality through her. Her thing is making light shows and displaying it for all to enjoy. Also, the flower isn't anything specific, but I did base it on hibiscus.

Thanks though again for your kind and thoughtful comment! I'm still trying to get better and I doubt I'll ever stop. Art's my passion.

Wow, I really like your style! All of these are very well drawn. The Old Pokesonas piece is my favorite, keep up the great work and I'll make sure to keep up with this gallery.
    Thank you too! I quite like that one myself even if it's a bit old. I'm planning on remaking that one with our new Pokesonas. So keep an eye out for that.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • your artwork is adorable. i love how you have different styles. your vectoring for the mlp stuff is amazing. i could totally see the circle ones could be wallpapers/backgrounds.
    i would definitely look at practicing drawing people. the way the feet/shoes are drawing look funny, like she's on her tippy toes.
    can't wait to see more.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    your artwork is adorable. i love how you have different styles. your vectoring for the mlp stuff is amazing. i could totally see the circle ones could be wallpapers/backgrounds.
    i would definitely look at practicing drawing people. the way the feet/shoes are drawing look funny, like she's on her tippy toes.
    can't wait to see more.
    Thank you! Although it's NOT vectors. I actually hand-drew those. :P

I haven't really drawn a human since 2011, and that picture is really rather old. I've doubtless improved since then, but they still aren't my strong suit. I'll work on them when I have more time to get away from pony stuff. Feet, you are the bane of my existence. @_@

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    We have been dead for a very long time. And that must be fixed:

Aelita Crystal - This is a symbol used to symbolize many things. Mostly, my original Aelita series. It's gone through countless revisions until I've finally determined this design for it:

Aethel Designs

Who I Am - That is Elly Van Houten (to the left from Xenogears) and myself. (to the right, as a Valstaen, a creature I created) This picture's purpose was originally to depict important parts of myself. Took forever due to involved shading and generally involved anatomy practice. I know it's far from perfect though:

Spoiler:

Arylett Charnoa (WIP) - This is an OC based heavily on myself for my Xenosaga roleplay/original Aelita series. I have been working on this for quite some time and am finally about to start outlining/coloring. More practice on my humans, whoo! So here we go:

Spoiler:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    And soon, we will triumphantly rise again!

Arylett Braixen WIP - I sure am self-centered. But here is me as a Braixen! It will be colored eventually. This is my Pokesona.

Spoiler:

Tharja - This was a commission I did of a Fire Emblem character. Not actually a fan of the series, so I have no idea about anything of her! It has a few flaws, but it's still some fine work:

Spoiler:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Oh, oh, oh! This is something that was inspired by the Psychic Pokemon club here. It was done quickly, so it doesn't have much finesse and is really uneven and stuff. And I was also practicing on clipping layers in Photoshop, which I just learned was a thing I can do. But I'll show it anyways because I'm proud of the beginning of a new technique and the idea behind this:

Mega Unown

Spoiler:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Whew! Tough crowd, eh? Well, no worries. I'll keep going until I win ya over.

Some Xenosaga nonsense here. You may recognize it as my current avatar:

Aster Maiden

Spoiler:

And here's the banner as well, for when I decide to change it in the future:

Aethel Designs

Also, these are two little buttons I made:

Aethel Designs

Aethel Designs

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am in love with those buttons and I want one so, so bad. :X Those are the cutest things ever omg.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Thank you. I am glad you like them. :3

And we've got some Pokemon stuff here. This is my fiance's Pokesona. He's on this forum as Lunaris Adamantine.

Here we go:

Lunaris Adamantine (Lucario)

Spoiler:

(He'll probably be using it for a roleplay I'm planning to make here. :3)

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • I cant see the 1st photo XD ..But i know its nice and good portrait :) . The other photo, i can see hmm.. its nice too and clearly. Not to much heavy colors its shiny colors haha . Keep it up and more artwork you made up~ :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I cant see the 1st photo XD ..But i know its nice and good portrait :) . The other photo, i can see hmm.. its nice too and clearly. Not to much heavy colors its shiny colors haha . Keep it up and more artwork you made up~ :)
    I thought I removed all of the links that led to nothing... ah well. Thanks for telling me! I removed that one too, and I'll just go ahead and repost it even though it's ridiculously outdated:

Spoiler:

Thank you for your appreciation as well, everyone. :3

But that's not all I've got! I've got some new stuff. Otherwise, wouldn't be posting here.

It's just some emblems that represent myself and my fiance Lunaris Adamantine:

Luthera - You might recognize this from the Lucario I posted. It makes me think of freedom, a very liberating symbol. This is Lunaris' symbol, and the one that started this whole redesigning thing. It has a crescent moon shape that also represents a bow and arrow, a crystalline spire which is the top of a spear/sword, and claws on the bottom to give it a more animalistic feel as we both have animal themes. It makes me think a lot of justice as well as freedom. I'm glad I managed to represent that feeling of action more, by giving it straight lines:

Aethel Designs

Aethel - This is the redesign of a symbol that has been around for nearly ten years. I first designed it when I was 13 and haven't changed it much. But it's very drastic and draws on a more flowery spiritual theme. (The old version can be seen in the first, spoilered picture up there) It has a more wavy, swirly design to symbolize an aspect of me I am very identified with - my curly hair. There is also a fox head around the crystal, because foxes are creatures I symbolize myself with. Overall, it has a very biological feel to it, like a living creature:

Aethel Designs

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I love how clean your art looks! Seriously, it's not vectors, but I'm sure it could pass for them! Care to share how one gets their lineart so smooth looking? ;-;

I think my two favs are the first and second pic. :) I don't really watch MLP, but I love how crispy and clean the picture looks. As for the second one, I love Flareon, so that one's pretty much a given lol. I especially like the style you did for the fur. :3

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I love how clean your art looks! Seriously, it's not vectors, but I'm sure it could pass for them! Care to share how one gets their lineart so smooth looking? ;-;

I think my two favs are the first and second pic. :) I don't really watch MLP, but I love how crispy and clean the picture looks. As for the second one, I love Flareon, so that one's pretty much a given lol. I especially like the style you did for the fur. :3
    Cleanness is something I am very obsessed about. Actually, due to that, I really don't understand how other people manage to create such sketchy artwork. It's something I actually have to put effort in to do. :P

But there's no trick to getting such outlines. You just have to be crazy patient. That's all it takes. I just draw the outline like a normal person, and then I go through it and fix up every single pixel out of place. It's rather time-consuming. I've gotten faster at it, but it still typically takes half an hour to an hour. That's why I have to specify that it isn't vectors all the time though, because I always have a person who pops out of nowhere and says: "Nice vector!" And I don't want that association on me, because I am a person who wants people to know the things I do with my bare hands.

I'm glad you like them though! Hee, even though the Flareon is a rather old one, it's still one of my favorites as well for the coloring and textures.

Oh well no problem! About the photo you too show us, for me is amazing its that a regular colors ? or you mix something ? hehe :D . Nevermind. Haha nice artwork :)
    I'm not sure what you mean by your question, but thank you once again for your compliments!

_____

So I went up to my first post a few days ago and I basically made a quick CSS layout for it and organized all the images. Now you can see everything I've posted up until now easily!

Now, there is a new piece here, and one I rather like.

Arylett Charnoa (Braixen) - This is my new pokesona and a much better rendering of it. It's the companion to that Lucario I posted earlier and is much smaller due to being drawn to scale.

Aethel Designs

Last edited:

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Cleanness is something I am very obsessed about. Actually, due to that, I really don't understand how other people manage to create such sketchy artwork. It's something I actually have to put effort in to do. :P

But there's no trick to getting such outlines. You just have to be crazy patient. That's all it takes. I just draw the outline like a normal person, and then I go through it and fix up every single pixel out of place. It's rather time-consuming. I've gotten faster at it, but it still typically takes half an hour to an hour. That's why I have to specify that it isn't vectors all the time though, because I always have a person who pops out of nowhere and says: "Nice vector!" And I don't want that association on me, because I am a person who wants people to know the things I do with my bare hands.

I'm glad you like them though! Hee, even though the Flareon is a rather old one, it's still one of my favorites as well for the coloring and textures.

Man, I so wish I could get mine that smooth though! XD When it comes time to do the outlining on my work, my hand seems to know and gets super shakey. I end up setting the stabilizer on Sai to something ridiculous like S-2 and just hope for the best. Even then though, I have to go back and fix the lineart. I know all too well the pay off for patience and spending that extra time going back and fixing all the little mistakes, and you artwork shows that you know too; it shows the amount of effort that was put into it.

As for sketchy drawings, I like them as well, but I guess it just depends on your style and preference in regards to how you feel about them. I find all different kinds of styles interesting in their own way. :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Man, I so wish I could get mine that smooth though! XD When it comes time to do the outlining on my work, my hand seems to know and gets super shakey. I end up setting the stabilizer on Sai to something ridiculous like S-2 and just hope for the best. Even then though, I have to go back and fix the lineart. I know all too well the pay off for patience and spending that extra time going back and fixing all the little mistakes, and you artwork shows that you know too; it shows the amount of effort that was put into it.

As for sketchy drawings, I like them as well, but I guess it just depends on your style and preference in regards to how you feel about them. I find all different kinds of styles interesting in their own way. :)
    There's a stabilizer? Had no idea such a thing existed. Whew, have I been old fashioned. Don't know if it's in Photoshop, but it doesn't really matter so much. My lines come out less shaky the first time around in terms of stroke due to all of the practice I've had. Just takes time!

Oh, I can prefer either sketchy or not. I'm just saying that I literally am bad at being sketchy. Anything sketchy of mine ends up being a total mess or completely clean. There's no inbetween. And I'm saying I don't understand how people can get that sort of natural sketchiness going on. It's unnatural for me to do that due to my intensely strict clean up process.

Speaking of my version of sketchy, let's take a look real quick at two things I'll be coloring. I just doodled these up, and whilst there are quite a few issues I need to fix, I still like them:

Adamini and Luthan (Fakemon) Super Sketchy - These are my fiance if he had a Pokemon species revolving around him! They're wearing glasses, that's not part of the actual body. Quite fond of these two. Think the last one in particular is a master of awesome. Especially since I drew him with very little reference. This design will also double (if altered a bit) as the Valstaen form of him. (From my original Aelita series, a race of anthro animals that inhabit the majority of the world)

Spoiler:

Charita and Aethea (Fakemon) Super Sketchy - This is me as my own Pokemon species. Wearing glasses, not part of the body. Fond of this one, but a little less so because I didn't try as hard to replicate my own anatomy. (Needs to be less skinny.) It'll be fixed up later because I really like the picture anyway though. The pre-evolution looks like a cute Carbuncle fox rabbit. And the evolution gives off a very graceful Psychic/Fairyishness to it. Will double as my Valstaen form.

Spoiler:

Back