• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Aipom & Buizel! Respective Roads?!' Episode discussion

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Ok so what are your thoughts on this episode?

I don't see Aipom being a contest pokemon much, though Buizel has much more power

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I always knew it would happen someday. :) I hope Buizel works hard for Ash.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    The only problem is I just can't picture Buizel having a proper spot in Ashes team, I think he will send it to Proffesor Oak to look after

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    There is a small possibility that they might trade back in the end, so... Buizel might not get the chance to get Oaked by Ash. Heh.

Years
    Given the demand of the episode, I won't gripe about the independent posting (tis in charge of episode discussion or his special helpers are). I'm actually with Kerox on this -- Buizel kinda sticks out on his overall generic Sinnoh team, for it doesn't seem like a proper badass like his Charizard/Spectile. So, it all may be temporary.

Then again, I don't see it with anyone else, except maybe... Paul! That could work, as he's the resident badass. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Given the demand of the episode, I won't gripe about the independent posting (tis in charge of episode discussion or his special helpers are). I'm actually with Kerox on this -- Buizel kinda sticks out on his overall generic Sinnoh team, for it doesn't seem like a proper badass like his Charizard/Spectile. So, it all may be temporary.

Then again, I don't see it with anyone else, except maybe... Paul! That could work, as he's the resident badass. Heh.
    Was that a joke or do you think Ash will give it to Shinji? XD

Overall, I do agree with you though. He isn't the tough guy we wanted him to be.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    Meh...I would've preferred if Buizel and Aipom would've just stayed with their original owners. I mean, I know Aipom likes contests and all, and that Buizel likes battles, but I still wish Dawn could have at least one powerhouse on her team. Now all she has are the cutesy ones.

And is anyone else perturbed by the fact that Aipom--who seemed to love Ash soooo much--was perfectly fine with the trade? I can understand Buizel's indifference, but you'd think Aipom would be a little upset by the whole thing.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Given the demand of the episode, I won't gripe about the independent posting (tis in charge of episode discussion or his special helpers are).

Teeheehee I am a little helper. Teeheehee Yay!!!

At first I was okies with the trade when I heard about it like two weeks ago but after seeing that last gym battle I really wish that Aipom would stay with Ash. Just seeing that little bit of difference in battle style on Ash's team was really coolies. Having that difference on the team was really coolie.

Buizel doesn't match what Ash is looking for but still it just kinda really feel right and kinda repeated. Aipom was a really needed for Ash in his battles. It would have been nice to see Aipom in the ghost gym leader battle since she likes to do contests too. Still having a pokemon like Aipom who likes to battle as in a contest could throw people off like in Gardenia's battle. Teeheehee

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    I saw this episode yesterday on Youtube, ( which I wish they at least made it with Subtitles, can't understand japanese at all lol ), and it was surprizing to me that Aipom did'nt even have any form of doubt about the trade, nor did Buizel, almost like they knew it was going to happen >_>' ( grrr writers...) But I think that even if Aipom is Dawn pokemon now it will still love Ash regardless of who it belongs to. I still think Aipom will still steal Ash's hat from time to time. But omg! From the way Ash commanded Buizel in their first battle together was amazing! The Same for Aipom and Dawn! Aipom will always love Ash even if it belongs to Dawn, the same for Buizel and Dawn, but Buizel seems to really like Ash, not only for his battling attitude, but about the amount of care and trust he will give to him.

So Ash finally gets a Water type ( a powerhouse at that ), and new Friend, and Dawn gets Aipom, who will love Dawn the same as it loves Ash, and get contest battler. You know? Aipom is a powerhouse too, such Dawn did'nt lose a powerhouse, she just gained a new powerhouse! And the end of the episode when Aipom jumped on Dawn's head, and Buizel sparring with Pikachu was very cute. Great end to a great episode!

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
    Honestly aipom did not belong with ash anyways. The constant focus punch and swift attacks were already over used and having him in ash's group would have ment either over using them more or never using aipom at all.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Aipom had other attacks like Scratch and Fury Swipes, but never bothered using them. And Double Team had not been used in quite a while.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Teeheehee I am a little helper. Teeheehee Yay!!!

At first I was okies with the trade when I heard about it like two weeks ago but after seeing that last gym battle I really wish that Aipom would stay with Ash. Just seeing that little bit of difference in battle style on Ash's team was really coolies. Having that difference on the team was really coolie.

Buizel doesn't match what Ash is looking for but still it just kinda really feel right and kinda repeated. Aipom was a really needed for Ash in his battles. It would have been nice to see Aipom in the ghost gym leader battle since she likes to do contests too. Still having a pokemon like Aipom who likes to battle as in a contest could throw people off like in Gardenia's battle. Teeheehee

That does make sense since Fantina likes contests and Aipom does too.Aipom changes Ash's battle style and turns it into a contest battle so its not all attacks,but attacks with some style.Without Aipom his battle syle will probably go from awsome to blah.For example when Aipom used the attack swift against Gardenia's Roserade,it confused her which gave him the edge.And how else will they show off Ambipom without aipom evolving,but there is Volkner.

Though Aipom does go with Dawn,well for its liking of contests and the training that Ash did,so Aipom will be her new power house.It's perfect for her!Plus in some pics it seems happy when it's on her shoulder (or is it just a happy Pokemon?)Besides Ash doesn't need to monkey pokemon.Buizel does like battling and as stated above Aipom mainly uses the same attacks,swift and Focus punch.

There are two sides to it.

Years
    Was that a joke or do you think Ash will give it to Shinji? XD

Overall, I do agree with you though. He isn't the tough guy we wanted him to be.

Actually, I was being mostly facetious.

I forgot about Fantina's love for Contests, so, obviously, Ash will swap for it when the time comes (whenever that is). But given Aipom's disposition toward Ash, it makes the trade even more unfathomable.

I'm going toward the conclusion that they haven't thought this thru at all.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Actually, I was being mostly facetious.

I forgot about Fantina's love for Contests, so, obviously, Ash will swap for it when the time comes (whenever that is). But given Aipom's disposition toward Ash, it makes the trade even more unfathomable.

I'm going toward the conclusion that they haven't thought this thru at all.
    Mostly. Heh

Well see I think the writers problem is that they aren't thinking ahead. Also regardless of what happens with Fantina, I don't really think (or hope not because one we hear the episode title that can point to it we'll be hearing about it for weeks ;>.<) that will change things. Unless she decides she wants a contest battle for a gym battle...which will make me smash my head into the computer.

Years
    Mostly. Heh

Well see I think the writers problem is that they aren't thinking ahead. Also regardless of what happens with Fantina, I don't really think (or hope not because one we hear the episode title that can point to it we'll be hearing about it for weeks ;>.<) that will change things. Unless she decides she wants a contest battle for a gym battle...which will make me smash my head into the computer.

Actually, I probably would say Gary, as Buizel fits his "almost-badass-but-not-quite" image. Of course, I don't see that, but I can hope.

As for Fantina, well, considering we're almost 60 episodes in this region and haven't even gotten the third badge, I'm not going to be worried about her. As for the lack of foresight -- been there, done that, right?

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Fantina can certainly teach Zoey a lesson or two about participating in both Gyms and Contests. After all, she takes part in Contests and is a Gym Leader. XD

At the rate they're going though (60 episodes to get to Solaceon), I'm not surprised at all if it took them 80 episodes to get to Pastoria. =/

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I was really hoping for Ash to keep Aipom and evolve it soon enough. He really hasn't done well with Normal types. My main problem was with how attached to Ash she was and yet Ash still traded. Anyway, Ash has his water type now and Dawn has a new contest Pokemon. Let's see what the writers do with it.

Back