• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Ajin

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Ajin
    For high schooler Kei—and for at least forty-six others—immortality comes as the nastiest surprise ever.

Sadly for Kei, such a feat doesn't make him a superhero. In the eyes of both the general public and governments, he's a rare specimen who needs to be hunted down and handed over to scientists to be experimented on for life—a demi-human who must die a thousand deaths for the benefit of humanity.

Type: TV
    Episodes: 13
    Aired: Jan 16, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Winter 2016
    Broadcast: Saturdays at 01:55 (JST)
    Producers: None found, add some
    Licensors: None found, add some
    Studios: Polygon Pictures
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Adventure, Horror, Mystery, Seinen, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Cast:
    Mamoru Miyano as Kei Nagai
    Yoshimasa Hosoya as Kaito

Aya Suzaki as Eriko Nagai
    Daisuke Hirakawa as Kōji Tanaka
    Hiroyuki Kinoshita as Ikuya Ogura
    Houchu Ohtsuka as Satō
    Mikako Komatsu as Izumi Shimomura
    Takahiro Sakurai as Tosaki

Staff:
    Chief Director: Hiroyuki Seshita
    Director: Hiroaki Ando
    Unit Director:
    Keisuke Ide
    Ryo-timo
    Yoshio Kazumi
    Music: Yuugo Kanno
    Original creator: Gamon Sakurai
    Character Design: Yuki Moriyama
    Art Director: Hiroshi Takiguchi
    Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami

CG Supervision:
    Takeshi Iwata
    Yuki Mizoguchi
    Color Key: Hironori Nochi
    Modeling Director: Mitsunori Kataama
    Production Design: Naoya Tanaka
    Series Script Supervision: Hiroshi Seko
    Theme Song Performance:
    flumpool (OP)
    Mamoru Miyano (ED)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Ajin

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Polygon Pictures from Sidonia no Kishi? Argh... Not sure about this one. If they avoid the CG animation I might give it a try.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Polygon Pictures from Sidonia no Kishi? Argh... Not sure about this one. If they avoid the CG animation I might give it a try.
    99% certain they'll go with CG animation. Their entire PV is CG animated. XD;

But I've heard that the source material is really good. Shouldn't you give it a shot for that instead? Somehow tolerate the CG? :v

Either way, I'm excited for this one. It may look different but I think I'll get used to it. Still have yet to see Sidonia but I wasn't exactly repulsed by whatever I saw from that. :p

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • But I've heard that the source material is really good. Shouldn't you give it a shot for that instead? Somehow tolerate the CG? :v

I can't promise anything, I really really really hate CG animation, especially the one that is lacking frames. It hurts my eyes.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • Based on the trailer and the little description that came with it, this is looking to be on of the most promising anime of the new season. And the CG doesn't actually look all that bad!

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Anime looks like it's going to be absolute trash. CG?! Realy?!
    Just read the manga, it's better.
    I wonder if they'll censor any of it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This is the one I'm looking forward to the most! The story looks quite promising. I didn't think the CG on Sidonia was that bad either, not enough to keep me from enjoying the other aspects of it, at least. Hopefully this one will be the same way, but we'll never know until we see it n_n

derozio

Years
  • I can't find any place where there are releases with decent sub of this one. Netflix has purchased this one so we're not getting an official release, it seems. Till the entire run of this series is over, anyway.

I hope some kind fansub group picks it up. Plis. ;____; I don't wanna wait months for this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • derozio

Years
  • See, as long as they're not the shit ones I came across earlier, I'll be fine. XD; I'll check them out, thanks!

Will get back and post my impressions on this thread if they turn out to be good ones.

EDIT - Naah, they're shit. First one is probably the same one as the one I downloaded originally while the "shite" subs are, well, shite. Would rather wait for good subs than watch this. In fact, I'd take anything that doesn't commit basic level mistakes like these do.

This is coming from a guy who usually watches horriblesubs and lets most mistakes go. These subs are horrible even by those standards. >_>

Last edited:

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • While Ajin's animation and subs are both horrible, the concept and story are interesting and the OP and ED are among the best of the season. There is just something about it that almost hurts my eyes, like when a game dips below a certain framerate.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • See, as long as they're not the **** ones I came across earlier, I'll be fine. XD; I'll check them out, thanks!

Will get back and post my impressions on this thread if they turn out to be good ones.

EDIT - Naah, they're ****. First one is probably the same one as the one I downloaded originally while the "****e" subs are, well, ****e. Would rather wait for good subs than watch this. In fact, I'd take anything that doesn't commit basic level mistakes like these do.

This is coming from a guy who usually watches horriblesubs and lets most mistakes go. These subs are horrible even by those standards. >_>
    Um, it was supposed to be a joke =D I didn't expect you to actually watch them (considering their naming) =D
    But yea, it seems no actual sub group took it yet... maybe CG too strong.

derozio

Years
  • Um, it was supposed to be a joke =D I didn't expect you to actually watch them (considering their naming) =D
    But yea, it seems no actual sub group took it yet... maybe CG too strong.
    A desperate man doesn't know common sense, brah. XD; Seriously though, I did expect it to be shit but I was still hoping that they aren't. ;___;

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • Well well well, there are actually better subs now! Ajin became a lot more watchable.

This may actually become my anime of the season if continues like this. The story so far is excellent and it has a great atmosphere (is that the right word?). The CG and visual style is just something you have to get over.

derozio

Years
  • This may actually become my anime of the season if continues like this. The story so far is excellent and it has a great atmosphere (is that the right word?). The CG and visual style is just something you have to get over.
    Not surprising. The source material is well regarded among a lot of people. Perhaps not on MAL but...yeah, among the few people whose taste I trust, they all like it.

Having better subs makes it watchable now. I shall get to the first two episodes and get back here with my impressions. I have a feeling I'll find the CG slightly more bearable than most of the people here, though. My tolerance for CG is, relatively speaking, high.

But then again, we have Bubuki Buranki going on this season. Comparisons with the CG art with that one are inevitable since that one is handling it SO WELL. We'll see how it goes. :3

derozio

Years
  • Alright. I've seen episodes 1 and 2. And I liked what I saw, definitely.

The CG is off-putting on a constant basis because of the low frame count. It doesn't look smooth enough. It isn't even about the animation of the character models - they're animated well enough and have enough detailing. Even the expressions look relatively natural so that's a non-issue. The only issue is a low-frame count that makes all the movement in the series look very abrupt and broken. Really, really hurts immersion.

If not for the CG, this would be up there with BokuDake as people's favorite I feel. Dark stuff and the mystery behind those dark shadow-y figures is very intriguing. Plus, seeing how the MC deals with this situation after his face has been plastered all over the country and he's a wanted guy will be fun to see.

I've heard that all the characters in the story ultimately end up being complete assholes, though. Heard it from some manga readers. Hopefully that isn't the case - I would want at least SOMEONE to root for, wouldn't I? XD; But yeah, this has me excited. Excitement is slightly subdued to the visuals (yeah, they really do get in the way) but yes.

P.S - The OP song is phenomenal. Sounds fantastic.

Zet

Years
  • Finally got around to watching Episode 1, and it was interesting. The only problem I had with it was the low frame count as derozio pointed out. The trailer doesn't have this problem and it's really disappointing to see this in an actual episode.

I hope future episodes up the frame count to make it look more fluid and immersive.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Can confirm CG is utter shit and it's really off-putting. It's so hard to watch this anime. I'm like 3 episodes behind now or something and because it's CG I'm not jumping the gun to catch up.
    Disappointing, since basically everything else is above average or outstanding.

Back