• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ALCOHOL

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    Well..
    Usually my family gives me some alcohol on occasions like christmas/easter/new year/things like that. Usually only one glass of something, champagne on the last new year party was the only alcohol that I had in the "big" amount of 2 glasses.

Anyway, I tried a lot of things, beers, wines, mead, champagne.
    To be honest I really liked most of them.. maybe except "normal" beer, I could only drink the flavored ones.
    I guess I will be drinking alcohol more when I get older.. but I don't want to ever get drunk, so I will probably only drink with my meals or sometimes with my family.
    The thought of drinking with a bigger group that may pressure me to drink more and more scares me @.@

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    For the longest time I stayed away from alcohol because one of my parents was a horrible alcoholic and it strained our families relationship for a very long time. But they went sober a few years ago and I wouldn't think about touching a drink because 1. I didn't want them to relapse by having it be around them a lot and 2. I had no good memories associated with alcohol.

However, now that I'm living away from home and because I don't want old memories to always keep me from enjoying myself, I do have some things to drink. I haven't gotten drunk and I don't plan on doing that often. While on vacation though I've had some wine, tequila, and margaritas. I'm a celiac and can't have gluten so my options are a bit more limited. I have yet to try gluten free beer but I hear hard cider is good :)

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
    For the longest time I stayed away from alcohol because one of my parents was a horrible alcoholic and it strained our families relationship for a very long time. But they went sober a few years ago and I wouldn't think about touching a drink because 1. I didn't want them to relapse by having it be around them a lot and 2. I had no good memories associated with alcohol.

However, now that I'm living away from home and because I don't want old memories to always keep me from enjoying myself, I do have some things to drink. I haven't gotten drunk and I don't plan on doing that often. While on vacation though I've had some wine, tequila, and margaritas. I'm a celiac and can't have gluten so my options are a bit more limited. I have yet to try gluten free beer but I hear hard cider is good :)

I know what you mean. I have bad memories with mean drunks, and I don't want to get totally wasted for that reason...because you never know what can happen.

Also, hard cider is good. I suggest the Woodchuck. I haven't had any others besides that brand, and it's very tasty. It doesn't have that bitter of a beer taste, which is good!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I used to drink when my friends had parties, but at the last party I went to I threw up badly and stuff so now I can't even think of alcohol without wanting to die so, I'm pretty much a non-drinker now.

When I did drink it was usually straight Vodka or Vodka shots. Which people are like 'omg ur gonna throw up', when I actually threw up it was because I drank cider so no ty @all of them.

F1refly

Stuff and things
    Years
    My parents run a bar, but I have never had any inclination to drink or smoke. My friends are unfortunatly Heavy Boozers, but that is to be expected because it seems to be the norm here in South Africa for kids to start drinking young. They're welcome to it but I doubt I'll ever get into alcohol. I do like collecting alcohol bottles though, especially those with nice designs and those ones with the gold and silver flakes in them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I choose to follow the rule: if it smells bad, don't eat/drink it. Alcoholic beverages smell bad. Therefore I do not partake in the consumption of alcohol.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Beer mostly. I have tried some other variations (wine, vodka, patxaran), but that's the only one that consistently tastes nice to me. And I'm not going to drink anything unless I find it tasty, so that's it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I never drink alcohol, and from the way I have witness my drunk family members (screaming at each other, and even at sober family member) I'm never going to try it.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have never had any alcohol. That may sound surprising, but...Once you've seen what my friends are like when drunk, it kinda puts you off of alcohol for both good reasons and also just to bear witness to some of the things they come out with.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Since I'm only 18 I naturally do not dare to drink. I hate the taste as well. However, at special occasions like weddings, I get pressured by family members. Ironically enough, the only liquor I have is hard. rather have one nasty gulp than endure a whole glass. And apparently I take it better than most people in my family.

In terms of the future, I don't plan on drinking. My friend lost her life because some prick hit her with his car and proceeded to drive off. The idiot was caught because he called the cops to report his car was hit by a hit and runner. OH THE IRONY. They matched the dents with her bruises and he has to serve five years... I think this might be his last year.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
    i don't drink eat or sniff anything that makes me unconscious of whats around me, i prefer to live a healthy life :) besides I'm forbidden to do so (I'm muslim :) )
    i once eaten alcoholic chocolate by mistake though cuz i love chocolate :/ but its not considered a "sin" since it was a mistake
    my friends call me choco cuz i love chocolate and my skin is brownish XD

i like cinnamon :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Currently nursing a hangover as we speak haha.

Yes, I do drink. I definitely started drinking more once I turned 19 (legal drinking age in Canada woooo) but I'm usually just drinking with my friends at someone's house which is what I prefer anyway. I'm not much of a bars/clubbing person. I like getting drunk with my friends because we act like idiots around each other anyway (even when sober) so it really doesn't matter. Honestly, nothing anyone has ever done or said while drunk has fazed me whatsoever at this point haha.

I generally don't like getting hammered but that tends to happen to me from time to time because I'm a huge lightweight. :x Tipsy's nice; if I can maintain a comfortable level of drunkenness, I'm gonna have a good time.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Yeah I... yeah. I drink pretty heavily, for more or less any reason - from social events to "family things" to just being bored and feeling like it. I guess the last part of that makes me sound like an alcoholic lol.

Usually I drink beer - mostly Carling or Guinness if it's with a meal - but lately I've been much more into Bulmers Cider which is AWESOME. Although, if there's some vodka or gin lying around I'll happily mix that with whatever I find and drink that. Usually when I'm just bored, this is. And if last night's anything to go by, I apparently don't mind a decent cocktail once in a while! Although it's too sweet and too expensive to make a habit of it.

Sir Codin

I'd like to point out to people here that if you've seen people get drunk out their minds and acting stupid, what you are witnessing is alcohol abuse, not responsible drinking.

Not that I'm saying it's wrong to be turned off to alcohol, but keep in mind things like that are not the result of having only a drink or two every once in while.

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    There's a bowling alley near me that offers a deal I could live off of called "The Happy Meal." It's $5 for a Lone Star (cheap Texas beer) and a shot of your choice. I personally go with Jameson for a merry time (and I put 'em away), although Rum or Vodka do just fine.

Back