• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All Scrambled Up!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    icompletestiiwhole

Both are from the same, even-numbered Generation that can be found in Galar prior to DLC.

Even with all those hints, this is super technical, not gonna lie…

Piloswine? No N…

Houndour? No U…

Gen II has nothing, neither did Gen IV.

Until… I consulted the Kalos roster for clues.

Helioptile is one plausible answer, being an Electric/Normal-type and one that can only evolve with the use of an item, that being the Sun Stone.

icompletestiiwhole
    icom st w e
    plete ii hol

icom stew…

Aha! I cracked it! Meowstic!

My final answer is: Helioptile + Meowstic!

Meowstic, being a level-up evolution, has a visible and drastic gender difference with vastly differing movepools.

Anyways, here is my next puzzle after a psychological headache trying to solve this Muk…

Taxscarnileneie

Hint 1: Each Pokémon are used by two Gym Leaders spanning across several regions and generations. One of those said Leaders was once the Champion and rival.

Hint 2: All these Pokémon except for one is part of the oldschool roster, but that one exception is related to one of them in the subsequent roster.

Hint 3: One has a pure typing. The other is dual-typed.

Hint 4: One of them must be acquired by Trading, and must hold a specific held item to acquire it, as well, but can also be found in the wild in at least two regions. The other only needs a stone to obtain.

Hint 5: One classic line has a regional variant that shares one of the types with the other classic Pokémon found in the same region "long ago." The other line's final stage gets to utilise a certain gimmick in battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Steelix and Arcanine!

Got it pretty quickly after sorting the letters alphabetically lol.

iandkbaagawllskrkrne

1. Both are fully evolved, single-type Pokemon. Their types are not the same.
    2.Both are in the SW/SH dex.
    3. Both evolved by level-up, but one had two previous stages while the other only had one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Barraskewda + Klinklang

kcpunimuuyhukosnnipcmur
    Hint #1: They look similar and are the same size.
    Hint #2: They have different types.
    Hint #3: They have each one type and one is weak against the other.
    Hint #4: They have no evolution and are of different generations, but can be found in one game on the same route.
    Hint #5: There is a 3rd Pokemon hidden for which #1 and #2 also applies. It has less than half the letters of the other two and is a special one, just like Helioptile.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • icompletestiiwhole

Both are from the same, even-numbered Generation that can be found in Galar prior to DLC.

Even with all those hints, this is super technical, not gonna lie…

Piloswine? No N…

Houndour? No U…

Gen II has nothing, neither did Gen IV.

Until… I consulted the Kalos roster for clues.

Helioptile is one plausible answer, being an Electric/Normal-type and one that can only evolve with the use of an item, that being the Sun Stone.

icompletestiiwhole
    icom st w e
    plete ii hol

icom stew…

Aha! I cracked it! Meowstic!

My final answer is: Helioptile + Meowstic!

Meowstic, being a level-up evolution, has a visible and drastic gender difference with vastly differing movepools.

Anyways, here is my next puzzle after a psychological headache trying to solve this Muk…

Thanks for solving it. That was the hardest puzzle I ever attempted. I swear I found like 8 different names in that one. ReKoil really outdid himself with that one! lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    kcpunimuuyhukosnnipcmur…

Similar body structure, no evolution, and one has a typing disadvantage against the other…

Methinks this refers to two sea creatures that are spiky, but adorable.

Pyukumuku is definitely one of them, no doubt.

Pincurchin is undoubtedly the other, as both are found in Galar's icy beach on Route 9 just outside Circhester and Spikemuth.

The third Pokémon nestled in-between has an evolution, but I immediately recognised it as Snom after some bit of thought.

Final answer is: Pyukumuku + Snom + Pincurchin.

Here is my next puzzle: GasReriLarnStunt

Hint 1: Both are in the same Egg Group.
    Hint 2: Both share the same single typing, but they gain differing secondary typings when they evolve.
    Hint 3: Both are from the same generation, as are their ancient evolutions in another generation.
    Hint 4: One evolves using a specific move, but the other evolves with an item at a very specific "phase."
    Hint 5: Before gaining said new evolutions, one of them is the evolved form, but the other has no pre-evolution.

Years
  • GasReriLarnStunt

Lanturn is in there, but hint 2 rules it out.
    Hint 4 is making me think Ursaluna, but... there's no second u...

Evoles upon using a move... so a previous forms for any of the new Hisui mons then.. Not Scyther/Kleavor, nor Basculin/Basculegion. Could be Stantler. Not Sneasel/Sneasler (there's only one e), Qwilfish/Overqwil. I'll just try Stantler I guess...

Leaves:
    GasRirun... Ursaring
    oh right... it's the previous stage so not Ursaluna, but Ursaring... lol, failed to realize that for a bit

Stantler + Ursaring

trainloadmsmarten
    Hint: Both received a regional form in the same region.
    Hint2: One is an evolution, the other has no evolution.
    Hint3: Their original forms share a type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    trainloadmsmarten

One regional variant that isn't part of an evolution line…

The Galarian Birds come to mind. The lettering of this puzzle instantly rules out Articuno and Zapdos, but can be rearranged to give you… Moltres!

Ainad Tram N
    N Mart Dania…

The other variant is part of an evolution line. With this definitely being a Galar thing, I already found my next answer before writing this: Darmanitan!

Final answer is: Moltres + Darmanitan

Here is my next puzzle: DreadGhoufVirag

Hint 1: Both are fresh new faces, or tragic, in one of their cases.
    Hint 2: They are vastly separate breeds, but are generally an overall animal that's commonly considered absolutely adorable.
    Hint 3: Both have supernatural elements to each of their one and only single typing.
    Hint 4: They are from the same generation.
    Hint 5: They are both first stages that can evolve.

Years
  • DreadGhoufVirag

The hints are steering me to the Fairy and Ghost doggo that were revealed before launch.

Greavard:
    dhoufig -> Fidough.
    Yep.

Greavard + Fidough.

asuperimposinga
    Hint1: One is a base form, the other is an evolved form.
    Hint2: Both only have a single type, which they do not share.
    Hint3: The base form can hit the fully evolved one with super effective STAB.
    Hint4: Both lines involved have the same evo method, just a different variation on it.
    Hint5: They were both introduced in the same odd numbered generation.
    Hint6: They are from gen 5.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • asuperimposinga
    Hint1: One is a base form, the other is an evolved form.
    Hint2: Both only have a single type, which they do not share.
    Hint3: The base form can hit the fully evolved one with super effective STAB.
    Hint4: Both lines involved have the same evo method, just a different variation on it.
    Hint5: They were both introduced in the same odd numbered generation.
    Hint6: They are from gen 5.

Why not bring back one of my all-time favorite games here?

Pansage and Simipour

bsfgklrilqleyawuaso

Hint #1: One is from Unova and the other is from Paldea.
    Hint #2: Both can be found in Paldea.
    Hint #3: One has two types, one only has one type.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Spots that 'q' in there. What Paldean Pokemon have a 'q'? Quaxly, Quaxwell, Quaquaval, ...hm. No X's in there and only one 'Q'.

Maybe a better question: What Unovan Pokemon are in Paldea? Gothita, Deino, Cubchoo, Larvesta, Zorua, Basculin, Sandile, Cacnea, Deerling, Golett, Pawniard, Cryogonal, Axew, Foongus, Tynamo. (Forgot about the last five. Saw them while double-checking generations.) Notes a distinct lack of Q's. Excluded Tranquill from Paldea. Oh, and not Braviary/Rufflet either.

Ah. Looked down images of Pokemon. Forgot about Squawkabilly (for obvious reasons). Leaves "fglreso". ...Florges? Shows up in Kalos (with the Fairy-type). Shrugs.

Squawkabilly and Florges

Next scrambled pair: legigatonmayhem

Hint 1: Ends with the same letter.
    Hint 2: Introduced these Pokemon in different generations.
    Hint 3: 9 letters and 6 letters.
    Hint 4: Finds neither in Paldea.

Years
  • legigatonmayhem

I see a 'y' so I'm gonna focus on that =3

Elgyem? Could be the 6 letter mon.
    'giatonmah' - not seeing anything, gonna keep brainstorming.

Mightyena?
    legoma -> Emolga

Mightyena + Emolga

moochrundownhhook
    Hint: Both can be encountered in Paldea
    Hint2: They are both dual types and share a type.
    Hint3: They start with the same letter.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Honchkrow + Houndoom. Picked out Honchkrow at a glance.

Next scrambled pair: bsortvivollom

Hint 1: Both unevolved Pokemon
    Hint 2: Measures at most 0.5 meters (1 foot, 8 inches) tall each.
    Hint 3: Shares a resistance to Electric attacks.

Years
  • bsortvivollom

Should probably hone in on the v's, but I already see Rotom so let's see where that leads.

Rotom, leaves:
    bsvivoll -> leads nowhere, I guess? 😅

Smoliv?
    bortvol -> Voltorb

Smoliv & Voltorb !

codfishfantasmsbbu
    Hint: Both are fully evolved and have only one type.
    Hint2: One's type is super effective on the other and resists the other's attacks.
    Hint3: Both are based on the same real world animal and they were introduced in the same region.
    Hint4: Both have an ability unique to it.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Interesting. Same animal inspiration and region, but different types? Probably rules out intentionally similar Pokemon, such as Volbeat and Illumise. Might mean a common animal, like a cat or dog. Introduced a lot of dogs in Scarlet/Violet. Not Greavard, but yes Mabosstiff. Leaves "cdshanbu". Who is the other dog? Bread dog.

Masbosstiff + Dachsbun.

New scrambled pair: fearironleafpenn

Hint 1: Shares the same classification. (Refers to things like Pikachu being the "Mouse Pokemon".)
    Hint 2: Both fully evolved
    Hint 3: Introduced one in Generation 1 and the other in Generation 4.
    Hint 4: One dual-type and one mono-type.

Years
  • fearironleafpenn

Gen 1 and Gen 4.

I see Leafeon, which seems too obvious, but I'll check it out anyway.
    fearirnpn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infernape?

ferolan -> Flareon. Took me longer to see Flareon with those letters than I'd like to admit xD

Infernape + Flareon

trapperscatalogne
    Hint1: Both are fully evolved and only have one type. They hit each other neutrally with STAB moves.
    Hint2: Neither evolves via level up, but instead they both evolve in a very similar way.
    Hint3: Both have a signature move.
    Hint4: Introduced in subsequent generations.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    What are some special evolution methods? Stones, moves, location, friendship, and trading. Adds relatively few of these per generation. Hm. Would friendship, moves, and location count, given you usually need to level once? Probably?

Maybe trading. Knows of Slurpuff and Aromatisse as mono-Fairy. Not them. Not Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, Gengar, Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Scizor, Steelix or Porygon-Z. Not Escavalier. Not enough C's for Accelgor. Not Politoed, Slowking, Kingdra, or Dusknoir. Not Gigalith.

Oh, right. Spaced on various stones being added early on, beyond the usual Water, Thunder, Fire, and Leaf Stones. Not Togekiss, Gallade, Mismagius, Ludicolo, Roserade. Not Shiftry, Arcanine.

Sees Glaceon in there. No signature move, though.

Maybe Polteageist? No 'I'. Not the elemental monkeys without 'M'. No 'I' for Cetitan either. Not Bellibolt.

Changes gears. What about signature moves? Implies later generation Pokemon. Probably nothing Hisuian, given all the dual types.

Who else evolves weirdly from new generations? Sirfetch'd, Alcremie, Urshifu, Runerigus, Appletun/Flapple, Lycanroc, Cosmoem, Malamar, some Alolan dual types, Lurantis, Palafin, Sylveon, Frosmoth, Naganadel, Conkeldurr, Chandelure, Leavanny, Yanmega, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Probopass, Crabominable, walking evolutions with dual types, Wobbuffet, Snorlax, Huntail, Gorebyss, Lucario, Weavile, Gliscor, Goodra, Annihilape, Kingambit, Dundunsparce, Sunflora...

Looking down a list of all Pokemon to help. Not Ambipom, Sudowoodo, Mr Mime, Swoobat, Aegislash, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Vikavolt, Armarouge, Ceruledge, Farigiraf, Gholdengo, Blissey, Mantine, Pangoro, Mamoswine, Chimecho, Lopunny, Wormadam, Milotic, Shedinja, Obstagoon, all Hitmons, Galarian Slowbro/Slowking, Bellossom, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Poliwrath, Persian, Whimsicott, Liligant, Eelektross, Florges, Heliolisk, Melmetal, Maushold, Azurill, Delcatty, Cinccino, Tsareena...

Wait, yes to Tsareena? "pprctalog" Grapploct? Forgot it evolves via moves (Taunt). Figures. Named half the Pokemon world.

Tsareena + Grapploct.

New scrambled pair: joingatherrhn

Hint 1: Shares a Fighting type move that no other Pokemon can learn.
    Hint 2: Removed said move in Scarlet/Violet (technically Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl, according to Bulbapedia).
    Hint 3: One mono-typed and one dual-typed with no type overlap between them.
    Hint 4: Not 6 letters and 7 letters.

Years
  • joingatherrhn

I'll just focus on the J for now...

... Greninja?

othrh -> one long brainfart later: Throh.

Greninja + Throh

gligarhangtagailc

Hint 1: Both Pokemon are the final stage in a line of three. One evolves via level up, the other does not reach it's final stage via level up.
    Hint 2: They both only have one type, which they share. They also share one of their regular abilities.
    Hint 3: One can be caught in Paldea, the other can't.
    Hint 4: They are from different odd numbered generations.
    Hint 5: They start with the same letter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    gligarhangtagailc

A final stage mon that can be found in Paldea with G(s) in its name.

Skeledirge… Ceruledge… Oinkologne…

Or…. Garganacl!

gligarhangtagailc
    li hgt gai

Light Gai… Iag Thgil…

Starts with the same name and shares the same common typing… And can't be acquired in Paldea, so far, at least, unless added in the Area Zero DLC.

Sudowoodo… Aha!

Gigalith!

So therefore; my final answer is Garganacl + Gigalith!

Now here is my latest puzzle after plenty of time getting to know the latest generation.

maladalaslegenec

Hint 1: Both are dual-typed attackers of drastically different typings.
    Hint 2: They each have the ability to undergo a powerful transformation in battle.
    Hint 3: Their first stages were all introduced in the same generation.
    Hint 4: Both have related species very similar to their said ultimate forms across time.
    Hint 5: Each one is the ace Pokémon of two lategame Trainers in the same region.
    Hint 6: One's relative has a significant type disadvantage against the other unrelated specimen's relative in battle.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Now here is my latest puzzle after plenty of time getting to know the latest generation.

maladalaslegenec

Hint 2: They each have the ability to undergo a powerful transformation in battle.
    Hint 4: Both have related species very similar to their said ultimate forms across time.
    Hint 5: Each one is the ace Pokémon of two lategame Trainers in the same region.
    Hint 6: One's relative has a significant type disadvantage against the other unrelated specimen's relative in battle.

I am so happy to see my favorite game being revived!

salamence

gallade

-Psychic/Fighting and Dragon/Flying are drastically different.

-Both Mega Evolve.

-Ralts and Bagon are both Gen 3.

-Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon

-Wally's Gallade and Zinnia's Salamence

-Roaring Moon is pretty much helpless against Iron Valiant because Dragon/Dark is no match for Fighting/Fairy at all.

Now, for mine:

LMORTWAPRKWAHAOI

Hint # 1: One has a higher base stat total than its evolutionary counterpart
    Hint # 2: One has three signature moves.
    Hint # 3: Both come from the same generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    LMORTWAPRKWAHAOI

An evolution that has three signature moves…

Using the National Dex for clues, one plausible guess is Marowak, which has Bonemerang, Bone Club, and Bone Rush as it's iconic bone attacks.

L T PR WHAOI
    MOR WA K A

OIAHW RP T L

Hmmm…. Poli… L P OI WHA TR… Aha!

Poliwrath!

Same generation? What else, but KANTOOOOOOOO!!!

Final answer: Marowak + Poliwrath!

And here is my next puzzle; YOPEWARMKOSA

Hint 1: Both do not normally share the same elemental type, but one of them does gain a type element in common with the other through a variant at a later stage.
    Hint 2: Both Pokémon, by themselves, can be used in the same region together, though one has another evolution introduced in a subsequent generation.
    Hint 3: One of them has made it to the newest generation, whereas the other hasn't, as of yet.
    Hint 4: Both are first stage Pokémon introduced about a decade from each other. Both utilise in walling.
    Hint 5: They both evolve into drastically different Pokémon depending on the regions that prompted them to undergo significant change in nature.
    Hint 6: One is fearful and sad, whereas the other is just adorable, goofy and meme worthy.
    Hint 7: One has a single typing. The other is dual-typed.

Back