• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Aloe

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well, she's not fat at all, she's just wearing enormously big clothing

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mhm, which causes people to view her more negatively. :(

Years
    Lmao, I was quite disappointed when I saw her in full until I read u guys' comments... Aunt Jemima, and how thick and aggressive looking she is! Haha, please don't let her be a maid or cook in that mansion.

Well, looking at her whole outfit I guess it's not that bad...but I do feel it's hedging on the weird side. They couldn't have her wear something much cuter, and not make her look like a syrup container?

It's not as bad as Jynx, but I dunno...I would like a prettier outfit. She should be a fabulous, chic, black pokemon trainer....:/ in my opinion.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Well, looking at her whole outfit I guess it's not that bad...but I do feel it's hedging on the weird side. They couldn't have her wear something much cuter, and not make her look like a syrup container?

It's not as bad as Jynx, but I dunno...I would like a prettier outfit. She should be a fabulous, chic, black pokemon trainer....:/ in my opinion.

I don't see her any less, I still respect her. It's just, yeah, bad artwork. Hopefully she's more important than Grass Gym Leader, seems like it as she was released early. She might run the Restaurant where Dento works. I'd like to see a Team Plasma Admin and an Elite 4 Member also of African descent.

Years
    I don't see her any less, I still respect her. It's just, yeah, bad artwork. Hopefully she's more important than Grass Gym Leader, seems like it as she was released early. She might run the Restaurant where Dento works. I'd like to see a Team Plasma Admin and an Elite 4 Member also of African descent.

I am glad they have her, for sure. It would be nice to have a bunch more people of different races, though personally for me, especially black people. I just wish she looked more chic :p sorry I am into fashion. But on the plus side, I do love her natural hair. It's a really cute style and color. The apron just makes me feel funny...I hope there is a good explanation! She cooks on the side?

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    After looking at her artwork, now I think she is going to be a chef and a Gym Leader and maybe in her Gym we could battle the new Chef Trainers.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    I see her working at/owning the restaurant Dento works at, too. Her name is indeed interesting, as aloe is native to Africa. I like the name, though the reason as to why she has it, I have no idea. I don't see her as fat... I have no idea why so many people think she is. Lol her clothes fan out. It's like Fantina's ballroom dress.

I think it's nice that Pokemon does go multicultural. Again, as a turnover of the entire series this only fits in. But it would be kinda cute to see her working in a restaurant with Dento, though I really wonder what place she has in the storyline, since she gets a VS shot.

Also, the woman can't be a Plasma admin; come on, the peons look like cute little knights. Don't you think admins (if there were any) would dress up in shiny armor?

Years
    I see her working at/owning the restaurant Dento works at, too. Her name is indeed interesting, as aloe is native to Africa. I like the name, though the reason as to why she has it, I have no idea. I don't see her as fat... I have no idea why so many people think she is. Lol her clothes fan out. It's like Fantina's ballroom dress.

I think it's nice that Pokemon does go multicultural. Again, as a turnover of the entire series this only fits in. But it would be kinda cute to see her working in a restaurant with Dento, though I really wonder what place she has in the storyline, since she gets a VS shot.

Also, the woman can't be a Plasma admin; come on, the peons look like cute little knights. Don't you think admins (if there were any) would dress up in shiny armor?

Well, maybe she makes everyone think she is a good girl but at the end you discover she is a Team Plasma admin sent to spy you! That would be funny. I always wanted to see good guys become vilains and vice versa on a pokemon game.

incognito322

Years
    ...I think she and Dento are associated. Lol *random association: Aloe vera has rosettes of "toothed" leaves... "Dento"... "tooth"... heheh.
    It would be a surprise if she was bad, but I think she's more important than that. Maybe a plot twist takes place in the desert, and you'd have to ask her where that is (say she works at a diner in the middle of nowhere)... LIKE IN MOVIES!

Yes I know that's a bit overthought but it's fun doing that. But the area north of Hiun City has been described not as desert but a "wasteland" and "ghost town".
    So that might actually make sense.

incognito322

Years
    IDK it's something to discuss.

And in the RPG-something scan that showed the Isshu Map in a larger scale, one of the topics was over the "wasteland" It said either on Serebii or Pokebeach that the japanese translated "wasteland" instead of natural desert.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay well I'll just respond to many comments brought up here.

-SHE IS NOT GOING TO BE A PLASMA ADMIN, SHE'S TO OLD AND NON-EVIL, even if she is a double agents, and Admin's don't have Vs.
    -N is not the leader of Plasma, he just has the same color hair as the leader (which I think is N's brother and N goes against his bro's wishes and fights w/ you)
    -STOP COMPARING HER TO AUNT JEMIMA, that is slightly racist and plain annoying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They couldn't have her wear something much cuter, and not make her look like a syrup container?

Cuter? She looks fine how she is, really. If she were "cuter", she'd just fall into the categories of May, Dawn, etc... and being unique within the games / anime (I'm assuming) is a good thing.

You can't wear that and expect people to want to hang out with you.

Aren't we taught not to judge people by their looks and in this case, clothing? Same thing applies.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think it's exciting that they are introducing other races, only because this is a first for pokemon. She does remind me a cook sorta person... and when i saw the full body artwork i was let down that she looked fat lol. Her mugshot didn't make her seem like she would be bulky.

incognito322

Years
    ...again going with the 70's chic style, it seems that in this case she's not fat, or bulky, her clothes just fan out for some reason. If you look at how high her pants come up, it's definitely on par with the 70's. It seems like in B/W a lot of appearances from different times are popping up, so her appearance too could be based on a certain time in history.

Years

Aren't we taught not to judge people by their looks and in this case, clothing? Same thing applies.
    Most people do make a general assumption by a person's appearance. It's not necessarily a bad thing. If you dress in an old stained T-shirt, ripped jeans, and holey shoes are you going to pass that job interview? In most cases, no. Employers, cops, judges and just about everyone judge people by the way they dress. Wouldn't you be at least a bit suspicious of the shady guy in the trench coat roaming around Wal-Mart?

Besides, she's not even real. How much of personality can she possibly have.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Most people do make a general assumption by a person's appearance. It's not necessarily a bad thing. If you dress in an old stained T-shirt, ripped jeans, and holey shoes are you going to pass that job interview? In most cases, no. Employers, cops, judges and just about everyone judge people by the way they dress. Wouldn't you be at least a bit suspicious of the shady guy in the trench coat roaming around Wal-Mart?

Besides, she's not even real. How much of personality can she possibly have.

I get your points, but still, you stated you wouldn't want to be friends with her... idk it's like if there's a person-- actually nvm.

Either way I like Aloe and she'll bring a nice fresh change to how Pokemon is.

Back