• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alola Form Rattata revealed for Sun and Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • Lately, it seems that Regional Pokedex are comprised of a mixture of native Pokemon and past Pokemon in order to allow for a greater number. The alternative is just to add a huge number of new species with a select amount of existing Pokemon. I think their intention is to allow as many Pokemon as possible within the one generation making it easy to complete the Pokedex without having to transfer from one game to another. Saying that though, the Kanto Pokemon are already set to be made easily available from the eShop titles being compatible with S/M. I wonder if that means there won't be many Kanto Pokemon available in the wild areas of Alola?

Years
  • Lately, it seems that Regional Pokedex are comprised of a mixture of native Pokemon and past Pokemon in order to allow for a greater number. The alternative is just to add a huge number of new species with a select amount of existing Pokemon. I think their intention is to allow as many Pokemon as possible within the one generation making it easy to complete the Pokedex without having to transfer from one game to another. Saying that though, the Kanto Pokemon are already set to be made easily available from the eShop titles being compatible with S/M. I wonder if that means there won't be many Kanto Pokemon available in the wild areas of Alola?

As mentioned, there are a few Johto Pokemon appearing, such as Pichu, Ariados and Ledyba. The trailers have also showed other non-Kanto Pokemon appearing in them, but as for if not many Kanto Pokemon will be in the Alola Dex? My guess is there will likely be around as many as the other generations, but I expect most Kanto Pokemon in the Dex to be the Alola Forms given that leak that had a rumor that Kanto Pokemon with Alola Forms can only get their regular forms transferred over through Pokemon Bank.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm with colours here. I think there will be, besides the new Alola Pokémon, a "big" amount of Kanto Pokémon in the region, either them having Alola Forms or not. But, as said above, we've already seen Gen 2 Pokémon in the wild, so, either it's a minority, or maybe a little bit of every gen's Pokémon are included in Alola... I don't know... What makes me think there will be a lot of Kanto Pokémon is because of all these "references" to Kanto. It would also make sense Johto Pokémon migrating to Alola, since Johto is very close to Kanto, but again... with all these Gen 1 references, I don't have my hopes up...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm just wondering how they're going to split Alola Kanto Pokemon from regular Kanto Pokemon. I've wondered for a while now whether it will be a matter of bringing them over from the eShop titles for the normal forms and then finding them readily in the wild of Alola for the Alolan forms which would make the most sense. By that logic, that would have to mean that Alola is thriving with Kanto Pokemon to allow for all these new Alolan forms to be accessed sooo idk.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • It wouldn't make sense Alola form Pokémon and "normal" Kanto Pokémon co-existing in the wild, since the reason why there are Alola forms, is because they had to change to adapt to the region's environment. If, for example, there are normal Vulpix in the wild, there's no sense Alola Vulpix even existing, 'cause those normal Vulpix didn't need to adapt which points to the existence of an ideal habitat for the "normal" Vulpix in Alola...
    If there are normal Kanto Pokémon in the wild, there's no reason for them to adapt, since they fit in the region...

The only thing I can see for us to capture their "normal" forms, is with a Safari Zone!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There must be a reason why they made the RBY games compatible with S/M and I'm pretty sure it has to do with these Alola forms. I guess they need to allow a way in order to have both normal forms and Alola forms available to players without both of them existing together in the wild, hence the transfer from eShop games to Sun & Moon being possible.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • In Sun and Moon website, they kinda explain the reason why they changed... Even though they're not that explored, I still find pretty cool knowing Vulpix changed because they were forced to go to the Icy mountains, or knowing Meowth because of the influence of Alola's Royal Family. Maybe they'll explain us more about them in-game? Where do we catch them? How can we have their normal forms? Although I think the main focus is going to be in Z-moves...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Maybe it is something that we will learn about in-game rather than beforehand. I can imagine there will be a few important NPCs who will explain the origin of Alolan forms and how they flourished in Alola.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • But the thing is: we already have RBY re-releases to celebrate their 20th anniversary. So that leaves this question: is the 20th anniversary supposed to celebrate Pokemon gaming as a whole, or just RBY? If it was just RBY, then why does The Pokemon Company parade around the 20th anniversary of Pokemon existing as a whole? Why don't they just state "Happy Birthday RBY" on their marketing material? Seems to make a whole lot more sense to me than start a parade over what seems to be Pokemon's 20th anniversary and not just RBY's 20th anniversary, y'know?
    Yeah, I understand what you are saying.

Pokémon Origins was made on gen 1's 17th anniversary year. This year is gen 2's 17th anniversary year. Since Pokémon Origins GS is probably never going to happen, and the more recent Hoenn starters got Megas but Johto starters got nothing, I'd say at the very least Johto Pokémon should get some Alola forms despite not quite being 20 years old.

That's true. If the Johto Pokemon don't get anything in this game, they will kind of be left behind compared to Generation 1 and 3 which got new Alola Forms or Mega Evolutions.

Back