• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Pokedex expansion wishlist

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Haina Desert's variety is barren. Sandile, Dugtrio, Gabite, and Trapinch just didn't cut it for me. What's a Pokemon desert without some cactus Pokemon? Cacnea, Cacturne, and Maractus fit the bill just fine. Since Haina Desert is right below the Ruins of Abundance, why not Sigilyph?

I could see Maractus, I know theres Cactus in Hawaii, it just seems like a weird thing to find them in Alola. Thats my main problem with Sun/Moon, its like 3 pokemon a route/area.

Years
  • What makes the omission of Maractus and the Cacnea line from the Alola Dex so weird is that this makes Haina Desert the only desert in the games to not have a cactus Pokemon in them. Hopefully one of those lines gets included so that all there's at least more than just Ground-types there.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I could see why the National Dex was locked to Pokemon Bank, because it did allow for the Oval and Shiny Charms to be easier to obtain, of which I was able to get the former for the first time ever. I noticed Johto and Sinnoh Pokemon were very scarce in S/M's Alola Dex, so hopefully we'll get some evolution lines from those regions added in.

there are far better ways to lock off the shiny charm and oval charm and whats the point as most people clear the game within in a week anyway? hell, most people already had the shiny charm that wanted it by the time pokebank was updated. it was most likely just a poly to get more people to get pokebank.

pkmin3033

All 500 that weren't in Sun and Moon. Minus, I suppose, the event-only Legendaries.

Years
  • All 500 that weren't in Sun and Moon. Minus, I suppose, the event-only Legendaries.

But that would ruin the point of a regional Dex in the first place... Game Freak do like to promote people trading and transferring as well which Pokemon games have usually been about.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just letting everyone know that there were more than 302 pokemon in SM; can't forget about Island Scan.

But unless there's another Gen 7 game coming, I would like the remaining ~400 pokemon to be available in some way in USM, either in or out of the Alolan Dex. Because having all pokemon available in a Generation is something I'd like.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Solrock and Lunatone would be nice. Aside from the whole Sun and Moon thing, I'd also like to know more about that weird guy at the desert who requested one...

Years
  • Solrock and Lunatone would be nice. Aside from the whole Sun and Moon thing, I'd also like to know more about that weird guy at the desert who requested one...

That guy was weird, especially because he turned out to be Mr. Bonding of 6th Gen fame. Game Freak surely had a missed opportunity by not including Lunatone and Solrock in the Alola Dex.

Back