• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
Hii i love this hack but i cant seem to leave dewford with the boat is this a bug?
When is press "yes" nothing happens

Years
Hey, I'm playing through this ROM-Hack now and I encountered something odd. I found a scyther and added it to my team, I was relieved when I found out that Cut is now bug-type because scyther only has false swipe at lvl 10, however Scyther can't learn cut. Is this intentional?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
Not dev but it's intentional. I think he already mentioned why in past posts or maybe take a look at main post.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
VisualBoyAdvance-M_2017-10-06_23-13-07.png

i feel like this shouldn't happen
all i wanted was to go to slateport
also the footprints guy still let me pass even though you mentioned that it was fixed in a previous post

i'm still loving the game though

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm having an issue. I've delivered the letter to Steven, but for some reason every time I talk to Mr. Briney about going to Slateport, he keeps giving me Master Balls. I can't leave Dewford. What do I do?

RespectThePixel

Symbol of Peace
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 14, 2024
I'm having a similar issue to these previous posts, though Briney isn't giving me Master Balls.

I've delivered the letter to Steven, and defeated Brawly. When I ask to go to Petalburg OR Slateport, he accepts, but nothing happens except for the NPCs freezing. The NPCs unfreeze when I select Exit or go to another route.

We are stuck at Dewford.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 11, 2017
awsome game :)

but where is the person that brings me to birth island and navel rock? I can't find him...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 2, 2018
Loving this game so far! So I just beat Brawly, and delivered the letter to Steven, but I'm not able to get off of Dewford. When I talk to Mr. Briney, he goes through his usual speech "Peeko, we're setting sail, my darling!" but then nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
Hehehe it seems like a lot of people are stuck in Dewford at the moment. Luuma is probably already working on it. Let's just be patient.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
hello, can you make psychic and ghost type immune to ground moves.
And how about you update the document with updated stats and evs.
And last can you change back the stats of mantine and rise the stats of nidoking and nidoqueen.
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Hey there, I really enjoyed this Hack so far. I am up to the victory road now and starting fill out my team.
(I steamrolled the arenas with the basic two overleveled pokemon start)

But I hit kind of a wall with the evolution stones so far. I can't manage to find any firestones besides the one kin the firey path. I managed to figure out which pokemons carry which pieces to trade in for stones for all but the red ones. The pokemon that carry the pieces have changed from base emerald. Eg baltoy carries the yellow piece for some reason.

Also I encountered a few buggs along the way. After delivering the letter to scott the old geezer wouldn't move his boat anymore. I could talk to him and select a destination but nothing happened. Nothing a warp couldn't bypass but still annoying. And the blockers after the weather institute did not disappear with the devon scope.

And the last thing that bugged me, was that Lapras did not appear at all. I tried for 2 hours (~400 encounters surfing and a bit of fishing) but none showed up.

Still the best ROMHack for emerald I have played so far. Great job.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
patch out

Someone's asking about early locations of stones: all of these are fully listed in the first post.

Lapras is a 4% chance on both route 125 and route 124, while surfing. (NOT while fishing!)
am releasing a patch to fix the briney glitch right now!

Why Scyther can not learn Cut???

it is way (w a y) too strong with cut. Am gonna add this to the faq lmao

hello, can you make psychic and ghost type immune to ground moves.
And how about you update the document with updated stats and evs.
And last can you change back the stats of mantine and rise the stats of nidoking and nidoqueen.
Thanks in advance.
absolutely not, that would make ghost and psychic almost ridiculously strong as types
docis actually updated with all new stat changes, but not quite accurate for the moves.
Mantine's only received 9 more base attack and defense, that's hardly anything! nidoking/queen have only been buffed a little bit because they really do stomp wattson, and are available pretty early on. Nidorino and nidorina have also been buffed a lot by the inclusion of normal type stab, and the ability Poisonous, which is downright mad. I think they are fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
Hi,

I am sitting at 380 Owned pokemon and need a little help.

What and where is pokemon 243?

I am really struggling to make poliwhirl evolve to Politoed, any tips or advice?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Hi,

I am sitting at 380 Owned pokemon and need a little help.

What and where is pokemon 243?

I am really struggling to make poliwhirl evolve to Politoed, any tips or advice?

Woah you've done well!

number 243 is in altering cave on route 103 near route 110, have a look around, it's got a 10% encounter rate

depends on your version, but should be a moon stone!

Back