• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Hello.
Your stats/skills etc changes on the pokemons are based on what idea? for example, did u try to make them more realistic or u tried to make them more balanced?
---
Also, is this mainly complete or still many things to do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
Woah you've done well!

number 243 is in altering cave on route 103 near route 110, have a look around, it's got a 10% encounter rate

depends on your version, but should be a moon stone!

Thanks for that. I have now caught every Pokemon except the other 2 legendary birds. Upon competing my Hoenn Dex, Prof. Birch gave me the choice of one of the birds and I chose Moltres. I now have 384 Pokemon, How do I get the other 2?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
How to I update my 2.2.5v to 2.2.7v? Or do I just have to restart at this point?
Patch 2.2.7 onto a clean Emerald ROM, open it with you emulator, and load 2.2.5's save into it. (See this.)

This may cause problems if something major was changed.

Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Thanks for that. I have now caught every Pokemon except the other 2 legendary birds. Upon competing my Hoenn Dex, Prof. Birch gave me the choice of one of the birds and I chose Moltres. I now have 384 Pokemon, How do I get the other 2?

Try using a thunderstone or water stone on moltres :)

Hello.
Your stats/skills etc changes on the pokemons are based on what idea? for example, did u try to make them more realistic or u tried to make them more balanced?
---
Also, is this mainly complete or still many things to do.
Kind of both, really. On top of that, changes are based on making the pok?mon as unique and varied and different from each other as possible. That doesn't mean I've aimed for balance, instead you'll find a lot of pokemon have new competitive niches in totally different ways to before. For example, whiscash gets Sap sipper, lunatone sets gravity on entering battle, torkoal has huge defense, luvdisc gets heart swap, unique stuff like that.

The game is finished, but I add more side quest stuff over time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 30, 2020
Don't know if it is a bug or not, but when my ekans used a poison status move like poison sting or toxic on a abra/kadabra it got poisoned cause of the synchronize ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
A huge thanks for this amazing game. By far the best Rom Hack I have played. I only play pokemon games that let you catch every pokemon, a fun challenge outside of the regular game. While it took me a while to compete this challenge it was well worth the effort. For the particularly difficult aspects I took to the message board and Luuma was quick to reply and help out. I hope Luuma makes more games of the same quality! Thanks

I am proud to have caught all 386 Pokemon without outside cheats or codes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.24.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.24.23 pm.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 16, 2018
Wouldn't it be better to make grovyle and Sceptile grass/dragon (like his mega evo) and trico just grass? And a little bit more fairy type (Gardevoir and togepi line for example) to balance more dragons.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 30, 2017
Hey, I've got a little problem... I'm unable to leave dewford after I beat the gym and take to Steve. Mr. Brieny just disappears into his ship and gives me the master ball or ??????, Depands on where i choose to sail. Anyway, stick there for few days now. Can someone help me with that?

Edit:
I tried to talk to Steven and then leave, whiteout beating the gym, gave same results :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hey, I've got a little problem... I'm unable to leave dewford after I beat the gym and take to Steve. Mr. Brieny just disappears into his ship and gives me the master ball or ??????, Depands on where i choose to sail. Anyway, stick there for few days now. Can someone help me with that?

Edit:
I tried to talk to Steven and then leave, whiteout beating the gym, gave same results :/
That should've been fixed in the latest patch. Are you playing 2.2.7?

luuma

Years
I'm pretty sure I am... I downloaded it few days ago

Check the filename, I've definitely fixed this exact bug. Where did you download from?

Wouldn't it be better to make grovyle and Sceptile grass/dragon (like his mega evo) and trico just grass? And a little bit more fairy type (Gardevoir and togepi line for example) to balance more dragons.

I want you to know Sceptile seems to be the most used mon in the game, and I've really considered every type I could give him! Sceptile is Grass fighting because I think Defiant is the coolest early game ability there is and I wanted to chuck it onto something thematic. It also gets access to hype stuff like sacred sword, low sweep, mat block, and other ninja shenanigans that really make it feel like a kickass forest bastard.

Grovyle/Sceptile don't look like a traditional dragons at all. Dragon's generally a very weakly thematic type, which is why most of its moves have the word "dragon" in the name rather than something interesting. I think Dragon is frankly around too much; heck, I'm still not sure if I like Charizard as a dragon type, let alone a straight up lizard like Sceptile. So while yes, it'd make them "better" in the sense they'll be stronger, I think you'll like Fighting type more.

I'm gonna be updating a load of the new fairy types very soon. I liked having Clefairy with this cool little niche, and I'm starting to dislike types with very few weaknesses, but nonetheless it just seems to be throwing way too many people. That means Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mawile, Gardevoir, and azurill will be fairies.

Ralts and Kirlia are being kept the same because fighting Wally in Mauville is basically dependent on you shutting it down with Cut. With Fairy type, the only moves that beat a psychic/fairy type soundly at that point are Poison Sting bug types, Astonish lotad and Whismur, and Vicegrip Corphish. That's just not enough for the battle to feel fair. I want the Kirlia fight to stay the same, where you shut down a super dangerous sweeper with the one guy in your party who can counter it!

Snubbull and Granbull are being kept as Normal/steel because they would become busted with Fairy type.

Mawile may stay Steel type until I find a new home for Fairy Aura that doesn't become too strong.

Altaria stays Dragon/Flying because Misty Terrain halves the damage of dragon types in contact with the ground, and it has Misty Surge!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Hi there! I'm a huge fan of your hack. I think you've done a great job revamping it and I love the pacing. Great work on the new areas and dex entries. I'm a bit of a completionist so I've been very excited by the idea of a second bike to see what cool things you hid in those areas but I can't find it. I'm on the island on route 129, and I swear I've hit A on every single tile there is. Any tips?

Edit: Is it possible that settings from when I randomized generic emerald would have held over after I patched it to your rom hack?

Last edited:

luuma

Years
Hi there! I'm a huge fan of your hack. I think you've done a great job revamping it and I love the pacing. Great work on the new areas and dex entries. I'm a bit of a completionist so I've been very excited by the idea of a second bike to see what cool things you hid in those areas but I can't find it. I'm on the island on route 129, and I swear I've hit A on every single tile there is. Any tips?

Edit: Is it possible that settings from when I randomized generic emerald would have held over after I patched it to your rom hack?
Follow the flowers, and ye shall find!

A randomiser will sometimes hold its settings over. Since some of the wild Pokemon data in my patch is identical to how it was in the original, the patch leaves it untouched. That means if you apply this to a rom where water routes are full of Mewtwo, you'll get water routes full of mewtwo at slightly different levels with the occasional lapras or mantine!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 30, 2017
Check the filename, I've definitely fixed this exact bug. Where did you download from?

I want you to know Sceptile seems to be the most used mon in the game, and I've really considered every type I could give him! Sceptile is Grass fighting because I think Defiant is the coolest early game ability there is and I wanted to chuck it onto something thematic. It also gets access to hype stuff like sacred sword, low sweep, mat block, and other ninja shenanigans that really make it feel like a kickass forest bastard.

Grovyle/Sceptile don't look like a traditional dragons at all. Dragon's generally a very weakly thematic type, which is why most of its moves have the word "dragon" in the name rather than something interesting. I think Dragon is frankly around too much; heck, I'm still not sure if I like Charizard as a dragon type, let alone a straight up lizard like Sceptile. So while yes, it'd make them "better" in the sense they'll be stronger, I think you'll like Fighting type more.

I'm gonna be updating a load of the new fairy types very soon. I liked having Clefairy with this cool little niche, and I'm starting to dislike types with very few weaknesses, but nonetheless it just seems to be throwing way too many people. That means Togepi, Jigglypuff, Mawile, Gardevoir, and azurill will be fairies.

Ralts and Kirlia are being kept the same because fighting Wally in Mauville is basically dependent on you shutting it down with Cut. With Fairy type, the only moves that beat a psychic/fairy type soundly at that point are Poison Sting bug types, Astonish lotad and Whismur, and Vicegrip Corphish. That's just not enough for the battle to feel fair. I want the Kirlia fight to stay the same, where you shut down a super dangerous sweeper with the one guy in your party who can counter it!

Snubbull and Granbull are being kept as Normal/steel because they would become busted with Fairy type.

Mawile may stay Steel type until I find a new home for Fairy Aura that doesn't become too strong.

Altaria stays Dragon/Flying because Misty Terrain halves the damage of dragon types in contact with the ground, and it has Misty Surge!

K, so, I checked again what's going on and I kinda messed up :p didn't have the final update on.
Anyways, I got out of dewford but now I found something else which is messing with me. After beating team aqua (and 1 grunt from team magma for some reason) in the weather institute, I go right and there are steps leading up. I dunno why but I cannot go throug there. It looks as if there is an invisible wall there which doesn't let me go through there...

luuma

Years
I go right and there are steps leading up. I dunno why but I cannot go throug there. It looks as if there is an invisible wall there which doesn't let me go through there...

That's a kecleon lmao you can get rid if it with the Devon Scope

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
Luuma did you fix the wally battle?
If you was give to ampharos a secondary type what you would give ?
Yes I know than it's strong but its don't have a another one good stab move at least give them normal or dragon or at least....fairy sorry if you dislike the fairy type...thanks

Back