• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2019
So where can i find Earthquake? Is it in Seafloor Cavern?
Also there is a strength puzzle in the Cavern that is impossible (Team Aqua member kicks you out)?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I can't seem to use normal revives in battles, BUT I can use max revives? I'm curious if this was a glitch or a feature? Either way, I love the hack and think it is a definite improvement over normal emerald.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
I searched this forum and I found another user who had made note of the Drain Punch move tutor not teaching the correct move. I'm echoing that with this message, as the tutor teaches Pound. This hack is wonderful all things considered, but I hope these seemingly smaller issues get fixed in an update/patch soon.

UnderKingSerenade

Hex Maniac
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I ran into an annoying bug. I got the safety specs and they were completely glitched out, and my game would crash if I hovered over them in my items.

I was able to fix it by loading the save in a different emulator and dumping the item but when I did that, it reset all my berries and stopped the RTC (time passed but berries wouldn't grow)
Edit: I found out how to fix the RTC issue. By swapping emulators the game acts like the battery was replaced. To fix that, you can start the clock at 1/1/2000 and save, then move forward to current time and the RTC will be reset as normal. This is due to the RTC resetting itself back to 1/1/2000 and needing the number of years until now to pass to start counting again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
Hey, where can i find Stick? the item that boosts Farfetch'd's critical ratio.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
I also have the normal revive item not working in battle, and the drain punch tutor does not work

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
Hey i found a bug, when fighting a Swablu on route 114, using Rock Tomb against him was "Not very effective", even tho hes Flying/Normal, and Rock Tomb (rock type move) should deal double damage.

Also, in the same battle, the Swablu uses a Fury Attack on my Aron (Rock/Metal) and it is, for some reason, "Super effective", even tho it should deal 1/4 of damage.

I even capture that Swablu just to see if he was Flying/Normal and Fury Attack was actually a Flying move and they both were indeed those types.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2019
ok so if i'm reading the documents right, i'm pretty sure i found something unintentional, that being that murkrow's BST is higher than honchkrow's

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 17, 2020
tips on dealing with fog?

cant get the rom to work on vba-m, and no$gba will show foggy areas as just fog (with nothing behind it, and no indication of where walls are). im in the lavaridge gym right now, and i kind of need to be able to see properly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
genuinely where the FUCK is feebas. i have everything else i can get in the dex and feebas doesn't appear to be on route 119 at all. is there an easier way to get it? i'm at the end of my patience.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 24, 2019
Hey. So yeah been playing Altered Emerald. I absolutely love it. Smashed all badges, leauge etc. Just trying to fill my dex. Now I'm sure it's been covered, but can someone PLEASE tell me how I get feebas, is it with a particular rod? Is it only night time? I've been fishing in 119. Is is particularl tiles still?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2023
For those asking about Feebas, apparently it is found the same way as in the originals - that is, six random tiles on Route 119.

Unfortunately.

OP, I have no idea if you'll ever update this romhack again, but if you do, might I suggest changing the method for finding Feebas? This was absolutely 100% archaic even by 2005 standards, let alone 2020. With all the QOL updates this romhack has, I'm surprised this wasn't thought of.

Also, I ran into that same bug with the safety specs crashing the game as was posted above.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
It's the same deal as the original games: 4(?) random tiles on Route 119 and fish with any rod( I recommend the old rod).

Have you caught one your self? cause ive been searching for like an hr and no one seems to have caught one. Did he take it out the game completely?

Amestris

Dumb-dumb Extraordinaire
Years
Hey guys, I've been playing this for a while, and I really want to get a Dusknoir, however I can't seem to find the reaper cloth on Mt. Pyre Summit like it says it is, I've checked everywhere, do I need to be at a specific point in the story for it to appear or am I dumb?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2020
Hi, I don't know if anyone will see this but here goes.

I am playing on my iPhone (GBA4iOS) and I LOVE this hack. The only problem is I have no clue how to apply the optional patch for starter types on my phone. Does anyone know how? If not possible how could I do it on pc and then send new rom to my phone?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 30, 2020
I love this
Only one question : is it possibke to view pokemon IV in this hack ? If not is it possibke to make possible by a patch
Hope you help me guys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 21, 2020
It has the same bug as blazing emerald...after getting four badges norman directly offers TM 42...however the trainer card only shows 4 badges....

Back