• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Luuma, I don't know if you're still working on this given the date in which the main post was last edited, but it would be cool if you could update the docs at some point.
I checked the New abilities, base stats, and evolution info document and it doesn't mention this "Triple Aim" ability anywhere, for example.

Alright, I just noticed there's a .ini file to open the ROM with PGE, which I guess solves the issue.
EDIT: Although even with this .ini file, PGE crashes whenever you try to read the data of any pokémon past the Unown forms, so basically the Gen. 4 evolutions or your fakemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Lunos is right, I played until badge 5. I really need Pokemon locations and movesets before I move on.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 20, 2019
Lunos is right, I played until badge 5. I really need Pokemon locations and movesets before I move on.

The provided files are 99% accurate. There are a few omissions or alterations (e.g., Togepi not being in Rusturf Tunnel, or the Dusk Stone actually being found east of Fray Manor), but it's not enough to cause much of an issue.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2020
I really want to play this but I am patiently waiting for the final update!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 6, 2020
Does anyone know where to find feebas? Is it in the same route 119 as the original emerald? It's not in the documentation :(

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Hm, I may have a bug here. I used the map editing tool to make Misdreavus (along with a few others) temporarily available in an early route. I ended up using her to deal with Brawly. I lead off by spamming Fade (+1 Evade/Speed) 6 times for +6 stages each. Strangely, I was able to keep using the move to buff stats to what would be +10 stages, though I didn't go further to find out if I could use it the full 15 times without being told it can't increase my speed or evasion higher.

So yeah, sounds like a near-god-like mon to deal with Brawly, what with having Psywave, Astonish, and Dusk Shield, right? I got to the Hariyama and after lopping health off at ~1/3 a hit and then watching him heal via Sitrus and Super Potions with a Belly Drum thrown in there, he started using Dig. Now, I should have at most a 30% chance to be hit, if I understand evasion properly and am using the right gen's data, but the guy nails me with Dig. I think 'Alright, fluke I guess, just use a Potion so she survives a potential second hit, as unlikely as it is.'.

The guy managed to hit every single time he used Dig without exception, as if I didn't have evasion buffs. We went through a cycle of potions and Psywave vs dig and super potions till I brought 'em down, since Brawly (presumably) ran out. He absolutely never missed, and as far as I'm aware, they don't have No Guard or similar. I even save-scummed to start that fight over again for more tests and did further testing to see if I could manipulate the RNG clock by switching up choices to try and force a 'Miss' result. Nothing but hit after hit.

I have no idea what's going on here. Maybe evasion is bugged. I went out to test Fade against wild mons outside afterward and it appears evasion just doesn't work, though I'd test with other evade buffs. I seem to recall using Smokescreen to an actual effect with Cyndaquil, though I'm not certain and he doesn't remember it anymore so I can't go test it.

TL;DR, evade and possibly accuracy appear bugged out and non-functional, or close to it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Loving the hack so far, but my surskit won't evolve into masquerain. It's lv 24 right now and I just beat the dewford gym/gave Steven the letter. I did read the first page again after and saw leveling up via capture exp does not trigger evolution, but does it disable it altogether? I leveled up to lv 22 via catching a Pokemon but I figured the next level will trigger it. Has it been changed or is this a bug?

Edit: and it has a wise nature FML

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
Welp, hovered over the Protector in my inventory and my game froze. Last real save is ~7 hours behind where I'm at.

RIP

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 14, 2019
Hey guys, I've really been loving the hack, it's the first 3rd gen romhack I've not played in fast forward for ages. That said, I've just got to the 5th gym, and talking to Norman triggers his Wally dialogue where you have to go and catch Wally's Ralts, and after that he's stuck in the front of the gym with the rear doors locked... I'm not sure what to do about this softlock, I've tried resetting and leaving the gym a few times but the dialogue is still broken :(

I've got all 4 badges before, and I've beaten everyone in the gym. For some reason half of them think I've already beaten Norman, but I don't have the 5th badge so I can't surf and skip him or anything.

Would love if anyone could help me figure out a fix, I haven't seen anyone mention this bug before though :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
I found a typo on the kid in the Mauville Pokemon Center. Also I've beaten Wattson, but I don't have Roxanne in my Match Call, or Brawly, but Flannery is there?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
You should make a sequel where you help that one aqua grant take down capitalism

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
3 BUGS: (I'm using GBA.emu on Android no issues so far really) A few bugs to report you'll probably laugh: I was grinding on the route with the soot that you can collect to make glass, I grinded so much I had enough to make the pretty desk and there was a dialogue glitch when I was supposed to receive the desk, instead of the expected text it said "You registered Team Aqua Grunt in your pokenav!" which I think obviously must be a mistake. But I was willing to laugh it off until I went to a new secret base and my pretty desk wasn't in my PC!!!! T.T Is there any other way to obtain it? I havent tried the pretty chair or the red flute yet but i made all the other flutes before getting the desk and they're all fine.

Another bug is with the green dressers in houses, when you inspect them you get the option to headbutt them like trees. I wasnt sure if it was intentional or not so I said yeah lets headbutt this dude's dresser but nothing happened.

3rd bug is that the move "Giga drain" seems to have Pound's description but otherwise works fine.

I'm also interested in hacking your rom hack to restore the original emerald sprites (thanks to your .ini file) would you be interested in receiving it in any way? I wouldn't distribute it but if you want to post a patch and QC it that'd be great. Would also probably try and restore the dig tm as I prefer it to sand tomb, but did you get rid of dig because it causes issues? Haven't run into any so far.

Also, idk if this is just my emulator but berries dont seem to grown when i plant them, they dissapear when I reload the game. Thinking this has to do with the clock not being real-time because of the emulator I'm using doesn't have that option that i know of.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
To get Togepi, hatch it from the egg in Lavaridge Town. Dusk Stone is east of Fray Manor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Here is an updated locations list. The items list may not be updated, but the Dusk Stone location was fixed.
Notes: * means this Pokémon has a 1% encounter rate, and ** means this Pokémon has a 2% encounter rate. Also, you can get stones at Battle Frontier after beating the game.
I have no idea how to get Torchic or Treecko in the wild, or as a gift Pokémon (if not chosen as starter; you can also breed from their evolved forms).

Attachments

• altered emerald.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 70
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 13, 2020
I had a quick question in regards to EV training in this version of the game. I'm aware of how to EV train in regular emerald, but I tried it out in this hack and it didnt work for me. These were the steps I took:
1.) I put the macho brace on my pokemon(I think it was my Medicham)
2.) I went back to the starting route
3.) I got my Pokemon EV yields wrong so I targeted Zigzagoon, Poochyena and Wurmple for the training. Once Medichame finally leveled after a few minutes of grinding, it made no extra gains to any stat. I then figured out that each of the pokemon I targeted had different EV yields so I thought it was my fault.
4.) I then re did the whole process but only targeted Poochyena. I must have battled 30 or so of them before leveling again, and again no extra gains. I never checked to see if maybe it was the macho brace bugging and causing it or if removing it would fix the issue. Sorry if someone else has already brought this topic up before. I read through 15-20 pages trying to see if anyone has brought it up but I couldn't find anything about it. I was curious if maybe the issue is my actual rom maybe?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
So, perhaps I did something wrong with the patching, but my Sceptile is not Grass/Fighting. I patched a clean Emerald ROM with the 3.7b patch, then proceeded to apply the types patch to the newly patched ROM.

Back