• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
I'm unsure if this is a bug? but I've noticed for mankey it doesn't have contrary anymore, but vital spirit and anger point. Exeggcute still gets eggregate though. Also, is there any way to change pokemon natures?

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Uh... is Meditate supposed to lower the user's Attack here?
Also, Wally's Parents in Verdanturf talk about ho Wally is already gone, but Wally i still physically present in the same house.
(I used the all-in-one patch and the type-editing patch while running this in a 3DS through a VC injection.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Uh... is Meditate supposed to lower the user's Attack here?
Also, Wally's Parents in Verdanturf talk about ho Wally is already gone, but Wally i still physically present in the same house.
(I used the all-in-one patch and the type-editing patch while running this in a 3DS through a VC injection.)

Not unless your Mon has Contrary. Also, it did the same thing in Theta Emerald EX when I used that move, and without Contrary. Might be an engine issue?

Marky Vigoroth

Years
Other points:
Both stat-raising and stat-lowering results end up wi the same animation: the zigzags falling.
If a Pokémon is badly poisoned due to Toxic Spikes, the game claims tha the Pokémon that inflicted (not was affected by) the Toxic Spikes is Badly Poisoned.
If the opponent uses Razor Leaf in a double battle, the opponent charges then immediately attacks.
I think that, if your Pokémon is going to learn a move in battle and you abandon learning the move, the 'stop learning' prompt does not capitalise the s in 'stop'.

Years
Hello everybody! I'm a newbie and this is my first time playing a hack rom, and yes, I'm having lots of fun with this one! <3, needless to say I've spent a lot of time playing it xD haha, I haven't completed the main game so far but it's because I'm trainning and breeding with different pokémon (Togekiss, Chansey, Snorlax and so).
I have to say that I am really enjoying playing and discovering the changes made with this hack rom so I wanted to contribute to it with bug reports and similar stuff, and with a little recomendation/petition ;P.
First a sprite issue, Togekiss sprite on your side of the battle seems too cut and dettached from the ground giving to it an odd effect of a floating cardboard(I don't know if you would like to watch some screenshots of it, let me know about it :) ), 2~ the last Magma grunt before the leader (by the way, loved the sneaky mechanic, I abused a little bit of it :3) appears with a corrupted dialog after the battle when you talk to him again, 3~ sometimes (kind of rarely) some pokémon defeat themselves with Armor Break (maybe is on purpouse xD ) , 4~ on every level up Happiny tries to evolve without any Oval Stone held, 5~ Some text issues: for some reason I still see "Magikrap" on text after the battle with that guy at 104 Waters Edge (this one is funny so I don't mind it a lot) , the description of Magical leaf reads "mari@juana", the description of Chingling is hilarious hahaha but it clearly needs a change (again tell me if you need a screenshot of it).
I'm trying to remember any other issue so if I recall more I'll mention them later on.
And for my recomendation/petition please add Curse Body to Gengar abilities! I love Gengar a lot so don't get me wrong I like the Bad Dreams one (I saw what you did to the moveset, Dark Void I like it :D ) but it just encourges you to have a moveset based on it (I know it's not mandatory to give it an use but..) I would like another ability for him a second one like Curse Body or at least Levitate again or any other that could match him (I think that another ability will add more and good variety to Gengar and besides that make it even more fun to play with), I don't know if this could be possible but if in some way seems like an unbalanced change on your perspective could you please at least add another one.. whatever you think is best for Gengar (except Shadow Tag, I don't like that one ;v ).
Well that's all for now folks ;3 I'll keep playing and reporting anything of interest so thanks for this rom hack, it rocks!
Aaah by the way (and this is completly personal) I am J/RPG lover so I'm missing the poison feature on the overworld xP if you could add a little opcional patch to bring it back I will appreciate it a lot!
Thanks again for creating such a good hack rom <3 .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 23, 2021
Sorry ahead of time if this has already been answered, but is it possible to obtain magnemite before getting surf?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 20, 2021
Awesome rom! the best I've experienced so far!!!
I have an issue though, even though my emulator has the capacity to emulate a link cable connection and play multiplayer with regular emerald/ruby/sapphire fire red/leaf green (any gba game, really) the lady on the middle of the "multiplayer" center with the orange roof says that my emulator doesn't support multiplayer! Does anyone know if there is a trade center that works just like a regular trade center would do in unmoded emerald? Id mean a lot to me if someone could help me with this! (feel free to dm me or send a message through discord Mememistress#9895) I'm using My Boy, from the play store.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I found a few bugs.
NHg8p5z.png

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Since in SWSH the Squirtle line can learn shell smash will you put it available in a future release?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
I started a new play through with the 4.1 patch and was doing fine until I reached Slateport. After which point I cannot move more than a single tile outside without Roxanne constantly calling me and adding me to to the pokenav. So far the only time I can move freely is indoors (perhaps her phone service sucks) but it is definitely making it hard to go anywhere. Wondering what I can do to get a rid of this outside of simply starting over and hoping for the best.

Marky Vigoroth

Years
BIG glitches:
  • The snow-peaked area between Rustburo and Meteor Falls ha Stantler that can, a times, turn into Bad Eggs, whether in battle or when catching them. Their sprites tay the same, bu their names get changed to 'Bad Egg' in the dialogue.
  • Selecting the Iapapa berry in the Berry menu crashes the game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I started a new play through with the 4.1 patch and was doing fine until I reached Slateport. After which point I cannot move more than a single tile outside without Roxanne constantly calling me and adding me to to the pokenav. So far the only time I can move freely is indoors (perhaps her phone service sucks) but it is definitely making it hard to go anywhere. Wondering what I can do to get a rid of this outside of simply starting over and hoping for the best.

Exactly the same is happening to me since I started playing with the patch.

EDIT:

I've recently managed to get it working again by downloading a new Emerald ROM and applying the patch. I think the issue I was having was the I applied the 4.1 patch over an older version of an Altered Emerald patch from years ago, rather than over a clean new ROM like instructed. Then I managed to reload my 'broken' Slateport save file and it worked.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 21, 2021
So far I'm trying to figure out the Altering Cave puzzle. Is it possible to work? Just wondering

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I literally just lost my Nuzlocke on the champion's last pokemon (Gyarados) because sturdy ability bugged, so annoying!

Aggron's sturdy has been working fine all game, but all of a sudden Gyarados gets to OHKO me with Aqua Tail despite Aggron being at full health.

The only explaination for this I can see is that somehow Gyarados' Life Orb or the permanent rain in-battle somehow caused the ability to fail?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 15, 2023
A couple of bugs I found:
1) Kangaskhan can't breed. It creates an Aggron-M egg.
2) Kangaskhan with Parental Bond doesn't hit twice in double battles.

Last edited:
Back