• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Oct 19, 2021
This is all great I must say but some problems...
In the "PC" in the bottom left side there's an invisible bad egg and when you look at it at the "Pokemon" or your party does it meant to crash/freeze the game or it's just a bug?
Plus in route 125 to catch Kyogre where exactly is it tho... I have been looking there for so long(Groudon's fine I've already caught it)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Quick question!

Is there a way to randomize this version of the game? Or maybe a version which the UPR recognizes? When I put this rom inside the randomizer, it immediately gives an error message, The Debug log mentions this:

Randomizer Version: 1720
ROM: Emerald (U)
Code: BPEE
Reported Support Level: Complete

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 419
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.Gen3RomHandler.loadPokedex(Gen3RomHandler.java:694)
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.Gen3RomHandler.loadedRom(Gen3RomHandler.java:428)
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.AbstractGBRomHandler.loadRom(AbstractGBRomHandler.java:54)
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.gui.RandomizerGUI$2.run(RandomizerGUI.java:1003)

Hope you or someone can help me out!

Years
Amazing hack! It is so fun to try more combinations of teams. 10/10 would recommend it.
I absolutely HATE the puzzles, every single one of them. I hope that one day you make a "Dumb patch" or "Weak patch" (i don´t mind what you call it) where you make the puzzles more easy.

Oh and why don´t you make a support banner? I want to use it. 😉

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
Hey, great hack! There's, uh... a bug I got, though, because I didn't register Roxanne in the PokeNav by talking to her, I assume, I suddenly got a call from her in Dewford after beating Brawly and now I get the call telling me I've registered her. And I get that call...every single step I take outdoors.
Needless to say, it's...very difficult to play this way, and I have no idea if there's anything I can do to solve it on my end, but regardless, I'd like to save anyone else from having to deal with this issue the same way I have been.

EDIT: Fixed, just had to re-patch to the latest version over a new Emerald ROM instead of patching over the old one.

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Amazing hack! It is so fun to try more combinations of teams. 10/10 would recommend it.
I absolutely HATE the puzzles, every single one of them. I hope that one day you make a "Dumb patch" or "Weak patch" (i don´t mind what you call it) where you make the puzzles more easy.

Oh and why don´t you make a support banner? I want to use it. 😉

...same. I wish I knew how to solve that puzzle in Mt Pyre.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 14, 2022
Absolutely adore this game - I've gone on to do a new playthrough of this Rom but whenever I beat Brawley I get stuck with Roxanne calling me everytime I take a step? It was game breaking so did a brand new game and same thing happened :( Any ideas?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 6, 2022
It's been 6 years since this thread was opened, but I'm hoping somebody will answer. Can Feebas be caught in this version of Emerald? The usual 6 river tiles along route 119 that is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
It's been 6 years since this thread was opened, but I'm hoping somebody will answer. Can Feebas be caught in this version of Emerald? The usual 6 river tiles along route 119 that is.

Yes it can be caught, and yes it's the same method as vanilla Emerald, which is very annoying.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Feebas can also be caught in Gauntlet Island by fishing.

Merry Patchmas, one and all.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Feebas can also be caught in Gauntlet Island by fishing.

Merry Patchmas, one and all.

End of a era now from the sounds of it, thank you for all the years of making this wonderful hack even despite the bugs and such, annnnd a few suggested changes of mine here and there lol xD

I'll finally play this without needing to worry about any more updates for now on, haven't touched it for a few years due to how regular they were before.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I downloaded the latest 4.2 patch and I was excited to read that you fixed the contests! However... Arriving at Lilycove, the contest hall girl states:

"I'm afraid the contest hall's almost permanently unfit for use, it'll take us a while to patch up. We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused."

Is something wrong with the patch? Or did I do something wrong? Do I need to finish something in game first? Hope you still read this Luuma! Thanks for everything!!

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I'm having an issue. I can't find all duskstones I need to complete pokedex (need:2, have:1). During adventure I swept mostly all areas, so I've already cleaned east of fry manor isle (even the surf-strengh puzzle) and 129: Crinckle rock. I've re-visited both locations but I haven't found the other duskstone. I've also look for video-guides, but are mostly helpless (most guys don't visit that zones as they're optional and were doing hardcore/challenges).

Could someone help me? thanks in advance

EDIT: I haven't still been able to find the 2nd stone, but I've found something better, the stoneseller in the battle frontier. She's in a small house near the flying point (the place u go when u use "fly" to travel the battle frontier). I'll try the battle frontier later, once I complete pokedex

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
(sorry doublepost)
I would like to add a list of bugs I've found while I was playing this game. I shall warn I'm playing in v.4.1e. I'll edit that post as soon as I find new bugs

Flying spots.

126 (Soot volcano): You land at the top of the white volcano. As there is no land connection to the sea, u can't go the sea. This makes this flying spot useless

Items crashing the game.

Iapapa berry: Crash the game when u try to read it's description
Safety google (held by yanma): Crash the game when u try to read it's description. It only occurs with safety that a wild yanma has, and only if u have this item in your bag or u read it's description as a held item via PC (Lanette PC > Items). If u keep that safety equiped it's ok. That bug doesn't occur with safeties u found as items (that also have a different icon). Both safeties (encountered in-floor and obtained via wild yanma) do what they're supposed to (block weather and make dust attacks miss)

Missing map locations

Forest rapids: When u go that location and u trigger the map (via poke-navigator or flying pokemon) you're said to be located in 110: trinity road, however you're in "forest rapids"

Pokemon that shouldn't spawn

Latios: Once u capture that errant pokémon, u shouldn't be able to spot it again, but it keep spawning (not only in pokedex, but also phisically)

LAST EDIT: added "pokemon that shouldn't spawn"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 12, 2023
If I wanted to shiny hunt for Aerodactyl, would the Itemfinder "shiny charm" work as its not an encounter, or would it still work even on gift pokemon?

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
If I wanted to shiny hunt for Aerodactyl, would the Itemfinder "shiny charm" work as its not an encounter, or would it still work even on gift pokemon?

Hi! sorry for not having an answer to your question. Instead of that I have a question for u. What's "shiny charm"? where do u find that? I have the classic itemfinder, but I can't find shiny pokemon with that

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I've two questions about crit. rate and horsea moveset

1. Which crit rate is followed in this hackrom?
I to V gen? (50% chance with +5 mod.)
or VI+ gen (100% chance with +4 mod.)

2. Does pre-kingra lane (horsea/seadra) learns focus energy?

If u know that answers u could really help me. I'm considering a critical sweeper kingdra strategy for late game, but my seadra doesn't seem to learn focus energy

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
Using the latest PGE (3.8.1), applying changes through pokemon editor doesn't seem to work (or i cant make it work).
I've been using your .ini file but so far, only editing starters have worked from me.
Also, for the trade editor, i cant edit the pokemon traded, but the held item can be edited.
Can you help me? Thank you.

Back