• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternate Accounts

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I don't use alt. accounts. For me, that counts as "illegal sockpuppeting." (creating accounts to evade bans, etc.). If I had an alt. account, I'd probably use it in the event I forget my password here (and that's unlikely, since I set PC to "remember me" right before logging in.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I don't have and won't ever have/use an alternate account, I just don't have any need to.

I can see why some people would have them though.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I guess I'd make an alt if I wanted to joke around on the site and troll or something. I'd likely get my IP checked if I did that though.

I don't see much point, would just be nicer if the option to change usernames was back.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Um, I can remember only one, but I'm quite sure I made more. XD

Though, I use it to place hold on names, I guess. But got bored of it quickly. I'll try to see if I can access mine...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes, I do have an alt. Although, due it's username it's annoying to log in to, and I mostly only use it to talk to one or two people. XD I don't post with it much. I should.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have an alt to preserve my previous username, SilverSmeargleSplatter. After Hiiro had the username Sydian, I was afraid that after I claimed my rightful name (it's my name, so yeah, kinda wanted it back, lol) and dumped SSS, someone might take it. So Andy made my SSS account, which is now paired to a certain super mod's alt.

Sonic65

welp
    Years
  • Spoiler alert: All the people posting saying they don't have alts are really my alt, as mentioned in my previous post.

But on an actual serious note, this is probably the only forum I've ever been to that allows use of as many alternate accounts as you want (most only let you use 1 at most, many don't let you use them at all). Why is this, and how is this really useful aside from joke accounts (I saw a Kanye West one which I laughed at) and social experiments?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Zcyler is my alternative account but not on here. Zcyler is used for more of my Music - My guitar is named Zcyler my youtube music account is call zcyler yea I think you get it

Years
  • I do own a few alts for various reasons. A few of them were placeholders when name changes were allowed, and all of them I've used for trying out different signatures. For a while, I didn't want my post count to get too high so I used some of them to post around too (the tally for all my alts' counted posts should be around 300+). I don't use them much nowadays, but occasionally I'll open one and post in Other Trivia for funzies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I had an alt with the name "Grim Mother<insert that word here but sorta bypassed>ing Reaper" Just to scare the chillies out of this guy who was afraid of death...

Although, I can't find that bloody thread >__>

Edit: Found it! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217440&

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I don't have any alts. This is my only account. I don't want multiple accounts because I'd prefer to have one unique account for myself... xD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No alts for me... at least not yet. I probably should create an alt with my old username just so somebody doesn't try to steal it. Even with an alt, I think I'd use this main account for nearly all of my posting.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I have an alt to preserve my previous username, SilverSmeargleSplatter. After Hiiro had the username Sydian, I was afraid that after I claimed my rightful name (it's my name, so yeah, kinda wanted it back, lol) and dumped SSS, someone might take it. So Andy made my SSS account, which is now paired to a certain super mod's alt.
    Every time I hear our username story, it always puts a smile on my face. :] I wonder who that certain super mod, might be. .-.

I had two accounts before this one. Sceptile16 and Kyone (more so known as f l a s h or Aero.). I was unpleasant with how things went with those two accounts and felt the need to start anew. Thus this account was born and ever since then, I couldn't be happier. I don't log on to those two accounts anymore though. They're just piles of the past to me now.

My current alt, Blaque, turned about because I wanted to play around with a different username and just have a little off time from my job as a PC staff member here. I usually go on it every few days and post a couple times, but it's nothing serious. It's paired to a certain moderator. n_n;

Rhodium

You too lame you can't hang.
    Years
  • I am one.

I've had one account before this, Gallade of the Sand.

But I disliked how things were going with it.

And ironically after my supposed leave I had the desire to come back.

Back