• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Well how about 2 new moves? Maybe Blazeice and Voltice. Something in that nature. Giving it a 2 type attack. That would be new but over powered I would think. Sorry if someone has said this already

White Kyurem will be getting Ice Burn and Black Kyurem will get Freeze Shock. Both Ice-type moves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Since this is still generation 5, I don't think they'll give Kyurem new abilities, which would prevent it from being used against B/W players. With the upcoming Keldeo event supposedly being for both B/W and B2/W2, that seems to mean that the games will be compatible to an extent. I'm still betting on a new hold item to boost maybe ice and fire attacks, and another that boosts ice and electric attacks or something like it.

New Kyurem's forms won't be able to be traded to B/W, so I don't see any reason there couldn't be new abilities for them because they won't be able to be traded anyway. When Pokemon changes back to its previous form, its ability is changed back too, so Kyurem would have its Pressure again after changing back to original form.

Last edited:

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I really don't think Kyurem will have anything to do with Fire or Electric types.

The forms are still Ice/Dragon, and the specialty moves are still Ice.

Freeze Shock has a chance of Paralysis, and Ice Burn has a chance of Burn, that's all that will change.

Maybe new stats but I doubt it, Kyurem has good defenses compared to Zekrom's Attack and Reshiram's Special Attack, so it'll probably stay a defensive pokemon to balance things out.

But I can see its BST boosting, considering it was oddly low before (660). So maybe it will indeed get a boost to its Attack/Special Attack while still having solid defenses.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    New Kyurem's forms won't be able to be traded to B/W, so I don't see any reason there couldn't be new abilities for them because they won't be able to be traded anyway. When Pokemon changes back to its previous form, its ability is changed back too, so Kyurem would have its Pressure again after changing back to original form.

But for battling purposes, it would need an ability that already exists. Think about it this way: No Pokemon right now can learn or use Ice Burn or Freeze Shock, so why were they included in B/W? Chances are that it's because they knew they were giving Kyurem new formes to use those moves. That makes the most sense to me, otherwise, they could have left those moves out of the game and them be a surprise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    But for battling purposes, it would need an ability that already exists. Think about it this way: No Pokemon right now can learn or use Ice Burn or Freeze Shock, so why were they included in B/W? Chances are that it's because they knew they were giving Kyurem new formes to use those moves. That makes the most sense to me, otherwise, they could have left those moves out of the game and them be a surprise.

You're right about those two moves, they were already programmed in B/W to make possible to trade Kyurem from B2/W2 to B/W without need of changing moveset, but new abilities could be exclusives for B2/W2, just like new Kyurem's forms. Two Kyurem's forms with Pressure would be boring, they should have abilities which would make them more different from each other.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You're right about those two moves, they were already programmed in B/W to make possible to trade Kyurem from B2/W2 to B/W without need of changing moveset, but new abilities could be exclusives for B2/W2, just like new Kyurem's forms. Two Kyurem's forms with Pressure would be boring, they should have abilities which would make them more different from each other.
    In that case they should just give them Reshiram and Zekrom's abilities since it has their "genes"(according to the anime), than their signature moves could be powered up as well, creating a powerful attack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013

But new abilities would bar Kyurem from battles with Black and White. I don't they'll want to do that. I'm starting to suspect they'll get Turboblaze and Teravolt. This would make them more like Reshiram and Zekrom, and not have the "boring" Pressure, which is actually a pretty good ability.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But new abilities would bar Kyurem from battles with Black and White. I don't they'll want to do that. I'm starting to suspect they'll get Turboblaze and Teravolt. This would make them more like Reshiram and Zekrom, and not have the "boring" Pressure, which is actually a pretty good ability.

This point is fairly moot as backwards they most likely wouldn't be able to battle against one another, and if they could, you most likely couldn't use the new forms at all and would only be able to use Regular Kyurem.

I can't remember if Origin Giratina, Rotom Forms, or Sky Form Shaymin could be battled against in D/P or if they revered/got he note you couldn't battle when they appeared.

Never tried to battle Platinum with Pearl/Diamond so I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    This point is fairly moot as backwards they most likely wouldn't be able to battle against one another, and if they could, you most likely couldn't use the new forms at all and would only be able to use Regular Kyurem.

I can't remember if Origin Giratina, Rotom Forms, or Sky Form Shaymin could be battled against in D/P or if they revered/got he note you couldn't battle when they appeared.

Never tried to battle Platinum with Pearl/Diamond so I don't know.

I've battled my brother's Diamond game with my Platinum and was able to use my Origin Forme Giratina. On the Diamond game, it had the Altered Forme's sprite, but retained Origin Forme's stats and Levitate ability, plus my Origin Forme sprite was unchanged. But from what I understand, that forme and Rotom and Shaymin's weren't able to battle through Wi-Fi. I figure that will happen with Kyurem as well, but I think normal wireless battles won't be a problem for it.

I'm not saying that White/Black Kyurem will be totally compatible with the previous games cuz that's just not possible. I'm just saying that B/W will probably still be able to battle B2/W2, just like Diamond and Pearl could battle HG/SS or Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Hold on... if there are Ice Burn and Freeze Shock hidden in B/W coding, maybe there are new abilities for new Kyurem's forms as well? Or maybe Teravolt and Turboblaze are programmed in B/W to boost electric/fire attacks but only when new Kyurem's forms will be using them in battles between B/W and B2/W2.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    I think the tubes only appear when Black/White Kyurem are charging their signature move, (Freeze Shock&Ice Burn).

Anyways CANT WAIT FOR POKEMON BLACK 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They release another trailer and it has Kyurem's overdrive activating. Odds are its just visual in the game since he can activate it willingly.

Also Kyurem was able to use Electric attacks in Black and Fire attacks in White. Will be interesting if it translates to the games.

Screen shots show Overdrive forms in normal battle. So looks like overdrive may be visual effect only.

Last edited:
    Back