• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    How many formes do you expect kyurem to get?
    How do you think it'll look?
    How do you think it'll transform?
    How do you think it gets Burn freeze and shock freeze?

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I expect Kyurem to get only one form, and that form will be its "complete form." Similar to Giratina and Shaymin, Kyurem can change forms with an item (key or held; not sure). I think that Kyurem will learn both Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt at level 100 (similar to how Reshiram and Zekrom learn Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, respectively, at that level).

Years
    I expect its other forme to be based on an asian dragon, maybe it'll be shown holding the god stone in it's claws as there are legends about a dragon's pearl being the souce of their power...
    I also think that it's move Glaciate will transform into one of the two sig moves maybe one can choose which one, like a move version of rotom's forme changing and learn the one it doesn't know at lv 100...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Taoism in Tao trio

I created this thread to show why I think new form of Kyurem is needed and how it would be possibly created, basing on Taosism.

Reshiram and Zekrom are based on Yin and Yang.
    Yin and Yang are two opposite forces which are often unbalanced. When one is increasing the other one is decreasing. It can be seen in final battle with N in both versions of game. In Black when Reshiram is winning, Zekrom is losing. In White when Zekrom is winning, Reshiram is losing. They are unbalanced in both versions just like Yin and Yang.

Current form of Kyurem is based on Wuji – the state state of harmony and balance. It is limitless and infinite. That's why I think N's and Ghetsis' last name is Harmonia, because it relates to harmony of Wuji and Kyurem.

The only state of energy that is missing in Tao trio now is Taiji – the state when energy is separated between Yin and Yang, but they remain together combined as one. And I think new form of Kyurem will be based on Taiji – it will be combined with Reshiram's and Zekrom's energies as one. Taiji is described as "Supreme Ultimate" state of undifferentiated absolute and infinite potentiality. I'm expecting new form of Kyurem will be as supreme ultimate as Taiji.

I think in Grey there will be cutscene at Dragonspiral Tower in which Light Stone (Yin) and Dark Stone (Yang) will be combined into God Stone (Taichi), creating new form of Kyurem and N will catch it.

Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I created this thread to show why I think new form of Kyurem is needed and how it would be possibly created, basing on Taosism.

Reshiram and Zekrom are based on Yin and Yang.
    Yin and Yang are two opposite forces which are often unbalanced. When one is increasing the other one is decreasing. It can be seen in final battle with N in both versions of game. In Black when Reshiram is winning, Zekrom is losing. In White when Zekrom is winning, Reshiram is losing. They are unbalanced in both versions just like Yin and Yang.

Current form of Kyurem is based on Wuji – the state state of harmony and balance. It is limitless and infinite. That's why I think N's and Ghetsis' last name is Harmonia, because it relates to harmony of Wuji and Kyurem.

The only state of energy that is missing in Tao trio now is Taiji – the state when energy is separated between Yin and Yang, but they remain together combined as one. And I think new form of Kyurem will be based on Taiji – it will be combined with Reshiram's and Zekrom's energies as one. Taiji is described as "Supreme Ultimate" state of undifferentiated absolute and infinite potentiality. I'm expecting new form of Kyurem will be as supreme ultimate as Taiji.

I think in Grey there will be cutscene at Dragonspiral Tower in which Light Stone (Yin) and Dark Stone (Yang) will be combined into God Stone (Taichi), creating new form of Kyurem and N will catch it.

Well that's good and all but you were already beaten to a Kyurem forme thread by a few hours :( It's fine to have missed it in the mass of new threads, but merged anyway!

Personally I feel like it'll have just a different design with not that much different as its "secondary" forme, really. I know we can all hope but I really don't think there will be anything else. :(

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I kind of hope it'll have a secondary form, which will allow it to have more movement and such. I was kind of disappointed when I recieved Kyurem on Pokédex 3D, since, compared to Reshiram and Zekrom, it's movent is quite stiff and dull.

If it's truely the 3rd wheel of the Tao trio, I expect Kyurem's "awakened" form to me more epic than it currently is. It's partially frozen, which eplains it's stiffness, but perhaps when it awakens, it'll be able to truely manipulate the ice that has been covering it: Fully growing its wings, walking up straight, perhaps more ornamentations...

Wouldn't it make more sense if N tried to capture it (with Zekrom/Reshiram for example), but failed? After all, the mascot Pokémon is destined to end up in your/the player's hands. You could use the other one of the two to defeat and catch it, which one could be decided in-story somehow.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    If it's truely the 3rd wheel of the Tao trio, I expect Kyurem's "awakened" form to me more epic than it currently is. It's partially frozen, which eplains it's stiffness, but perhaps when it awakens, it'll be able to truely manipulate the ice that has been covering it: Fully growing its wings, walking up straight, perhaps more ornamentations...

Pokedex entry of Kyurem: "It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out."

It clearly states it was frozen by it's own energy. So there must had been more powerful and better looking form before.

Wouldn't it make more sense if N tried to capture it (with Zekrom/Reshiram for example), but failed? After all, the mascot Pokémon is destined to end up in your/the player's hands. You could use the other one of the two to defeat and catch it, which one could be decided in-story somehow.

You're right about that player should get Kyurem, maybe it will be something like this: N will create new Kyurem's form with Zekrom's and Reshiram's energy at Dragonspiral Tower and it will be powerful enough to not be caught by N and will escape. Later it would go to N's castle just before battle and choose player to be it's trainer.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Pokedex entry of Kyurem: "It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out."

It clearly states it was frozen by it's own energy. So there must had been more powerful and better looking form before.

I didn't know about the Pokédex entry, but it doesn't take away the option of Kyurem "re-awakening". As the engery leaked out of his body, Kyurem got frozen (as stated in the entry), but perhaps the 3rd game could tell how Kyurem got to manipulate that energy again, changing its frozen body to its advantage, instead of the major hindrance it is now.

I have to admit though, that I do not know the circumstances under which Kyurem is caught as I've yet to do so. I'm basically letting my fantasy run wild with the concept of a frozen dragon, which I find quite interesting.

You're right about that player should get Kyurem, maybe it will be something like this: N will create new Kyurem's form with Zekrom's and Reshiram's energy at Dragonspiral Tower and it will be powerful enough to not be caught by N and will escape. Later it would go to N's castle just before battle and choose player to be it's trainer.

You will have to fight it somehow. Perhaps this new Kyurem would try to harm N after he dared to catch him, but the trainer (being the epithome of good as they always are) would somehow manage to catch Kyurem's attention, triggering the first Legendary battle.
    I would also like to see the idea (like in Emerald) where you can catch both Reshiram and Zekrom (or at least one, story-determined) after having fought Kyurem.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Thought this might be interesting.

It's worth noting that if this is how it's going to work that Kyurem won't be backwards compatible with B/W.

It'll be interesting if that's not left over data from beta testing. Why did it take so long for this info to come up is my only question though. They've ripped all this info before why was this missed?

Was this in Diamond and Pearl with Shaymin, Giratina and Rotom?

Years
    It'll be interesting if that's not left over data from beta testing. Why did it take so long for this info to come up is my only question though. They've ripped all this info before why was this missed?

Was this in Diamond and Pearl with Shaymin, Giratina and Rotom?

The link mentions that it was in Dp for Shaymin, Rotom, and Giratina. It also gives a reason why it took so long...
    So this makes it seem very likely that Kyurem will get a new Forme...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What will happen if there is no new form in the up coming movie? Will this mean that everything said is false or something?

I'm asking cause of something they mentioned about Pikachu. They said all other Pokemon have a 0 because there are no sprite changes. Is there a different coding for Males and Females then? If not then their information seems a little off. There is also Spinda who has the moving spots.

Years
    Uh Pikachu was merely an example of a pokemon with a 0...though you do raise an interesting point on Spinda...maybe Spinda and the gender differences codes are different then those (?)...
    Though I still think Kyuren will get a new forme either in the upcoming movie or in the one after that...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Wow...Just read that that link is just a rumor. I thought it was actual proof. None of the other sites are taking it seriously until there is more confirmation.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Wow...Just read that that link is just a rumor. I thought it was actual proof. None of the other sites are taking it seriously until there is more confirmation.
    I also thought it was kinda fishy...
    Though we already know of unused Ice type attacks so we should still presume that Kyurem will get new form :)

Years
    A rumor...well back to square one...
    True we do have the moves, plus it's movie might feature it...
    I can Imagine it's "lights" (the spikes that look like ice on it's wings) fully light up in a strong glow as in it's pokedex 3D animation Kyurem's wing spikes glow light yellow as well as the area behind it's head...Maybe it's other forme will even have some lines running though it like Zekrom that light up.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Wow...you'd think that something like this would have been noticed months ago with all of the scouring for hidden data in Black/White Versions. :cer_laugh: But it does seem like it would take some time to understand the usage of such "Forme" placeholders, since we did not have any "Forme" precedents aside from Deoxys during Diamond and Pearl's release (excluding Unown, Spinda, etc.). Props to Game Freak for such strategic planning/meticulous preparation in advance, though. :cer_nod:

I was kind of hoping that Kyuremu wouldn't have another Forme, because it looks like that "third version's legendary gaining an additional Forme" is going to become a trend in future generations, following the "pattern" of Giratina and (supposedly) Kyuremu's acquisition of new Formes. As long as a new Forme looks/fights great, I'll likely have no qualms about it.

On the other hand, if this (the revelation of a new Forme for Kyuremu via deeply-hidden placeholder data) does turn out to be true in the near future, it kind of ruins the 'guessing game' of who's going to get a new Forme in a future Pokemon game/version... >.>

I'm wondering if the same thing (for Deoxys) is present in Ruby/Sapphire as well...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That was posted already and is just a rumor that neither Serebii or Bulbapedia believe.

No one else has posted acknowledgement about that code just yet so it is still a factless rumor until more teams find it.

Back