• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

America's new President?

Who would you vote for?

• Obama

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Romney

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I don't like either, but since I always vote in every possible election, I'll guess I will vote for Romney. But personally I don't think he is conservative enough, or right wing enough for me.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Currently I am 17 and I am going to be able to vote :). I am definitely voting for Obama.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I'm not trolling Obama hasn't done nothing good since he's been in office.

Not to mention he spent all of our money now were trillions of $ in debt.

Last edited:

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012

Compared to Bush - I would say Obama did alright...

America's new President?

Also: https://www.npr.org/2011/01/25/133211508/the-weekly-standard-obama-vs-bush-on-debt

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

The national debt was 10 trillion when Obama was elected, so us being trillions of dollars in debt isn't the best argument.

In addition, KingCharizard, that website is good for Obama. It's a sarcastic reply to people saying he's done nothing by showing the tons of things he has done. For example, from the site:

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers

Increased funding for national parks and forests by 10%

When you say "no matter what reasoned arguments you give, I will continue to unreasonably hate Obama for no reason other than I feel like hating Obama", you show that you have no interest in reason and have no place in an actual debate.

Sir Codin

FYI, I don't like either of them. Ron Paul's the only candidate I don't have real beef with, so it's either voting for him or not voting at all. And yes, if I don't vote, I'll complain as much as I like. Eat me.

Then again, I stopped paying much attention to politics a long time ago because the arguments between voters and parties were beginning to piss me off too much. Not too mention I'm distrustful of both parties and we need to start voting third party. Pardon the language, but this image I made a while ago sums up my thoughts to a T:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    If Obama get's elected a 2nd time then the US is DONE! He's gonna ruin it like he has since he's been in. I don't like either of them tho. I hate politics in general just because of what it does to this world. They are the greediest little bastards you will ever find. I live in Illinois and I'll tell you what. This state changed my perspective on politics and showed me how corrupt the govt really is. Illinois is the 3rd most corrupt state in the US just behind New York and California.
    How has he been ruining it? A depression was averted, and you're very slowly recovering from the recession. Osama's dead. You now have health care like the rest of the world (or if you don't want to be compared to them... you now have health care like politicians you pay for, or the prisoners you keep).

Fact of the matter is, manufacturing jobs are done for in the West. Probably forever. We cannot compete with the east. That ship has sailed. We pay workers something livable here, and we can't compete with slave labour. Never will. So, if the Republicans were in office, it would only be worse since they encourage off-shoring as it benefits the corporation's bottom line. Trickle-down doesn't work when there are no employees to trickle down to

Those three states may be corrupt, I guess. (What's with New York? California's bankrupt, I woudn't corrupted). But, uhh... they're also the place to be really. Very strong, important, economical engines, in your country.

You want to see corrupt governments who really do nothing, move to Africa.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Increased funding for national parks and forests by 10%

Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

I found none of these useful or important... His time could have been spent on better things. The Credit Card thing is a joke BTW

Years
    I found none of these useful or important... His time could have been spent on better things. The Credit Card thing is a joke BTW
    Please tell us what these "better things" are. It's no good to say Obama's doing everything wrong if you don't say what he should be doing instead. You just sound like a hater for the sake of being a hater if you do that.

Years
    lol @ the people who have no grasp of politics or economics whatsoever. If you honestly believe that we are worse off, fiscally, economically, socially, etc, now than we were in 2007-2008, then I would suggest you march yourself down to a hospital of some kind and get your head examined.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years

So, if helping improve the life of disabled people, preventing companies from imposing arbitrary rates on consumers (read: YOU) or helping preserve the forests (you know, that thing that creates the oxygen we need to breathe and stay alive) is not important nor useful... what is important or useful in your books? Tell us so we can check whether he has been working on it and show you.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Obama is trying to ruin America. He orchestrated the sale of murder weapons to the mexican drug cartels (in mexico), he violated the war powers act, 5+ million less jobs, largest number of people on welfare (due to loss of jobs), he illegally drilled for oil in the gulf of mexico, spend a trillion (1 trillion) on shovel ready jobs and later addressed there never was any shovel ready jobs. He may of done good things too but the bad things outweigh the good things. Also, to the people who think Obama killed Osama Bin Laden, he had nothing to do with it it was all by the Navy Seals. We were 5 trillion in debt when Bush left now we are 14 trillion and counting, our country is pretty much divided again. So what has he done? He pretty much - America and will continue to do it until were ruined. I'm not saying Bush was good either but Obama is the worst. If it wasn't for Bush sending the troops over then Bin Laden would still be walking on this planet. Obamacare - everyone the ages 26 and up because thats when your parents don't gotta pay for your health care. So those of you that are under 26 your parents now gotta pay 5000 a year for every household in your family. That's a big slap in the face isn't it? You guy's wanted change, well you know what? You got change and it's not good. I bet the only ones arguing that Obama is a good president is either too young to realize what's really going on, brainwashed, or hardcore liberal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Obama is trying to ruin America. He orchestrated the sale of murder weapons to the mexican drug cartels (in mexico), he violated the war powers act, 5+ million less jobs, largest number of people on welfare (due to loss of jobs), he illegally drilled for oil in the gulf of mexico, spend a trillion (1 trillion) on shovel ready jobs and later addressed there never was any shovel ready jobs. He may of done good things too but the bad things outweigh the good things. Also, to the people who think Obama killed Osama Bin Laden, he had nothing to do with it it was all by the Navy Seals. We were 5 trillion in debt when Bush left now we are 14 trillion and counting, our country is pretty much divided again. So what has he done? He pretty much ****** America and will continue to do it until were ruined. I'm not saying Bush was good either but Obama is the worst. If it wasn't for Bush sending the troops over then Bin Laden would still be walking on this planet. Obamacare ***** everyone the ages 26 and up because thats when your parents don't gotta pay for your health care. So those of you that are under 26 your parents now gotta pay 5000 a year for every household in your family. That's a big slap in the face isn't it? You guy's wanted change, well you know what? You got change and it's not good. I bet the only ones arguing that Obama is a good president is either too young to realize what's really going on, brainwashed, or hardcore liberal.

The healthcare bill is designed so that no one will have to pay more than 10-15% of their income on healthcare, less if you make less (150% of the poverty level will be expected to pay around 5%, for example). If they want to get a higher quality healthcare plan, then yes, they will pay more. But if they just want coverage, that's what the cost will be. Completely in the affordable range.

And the claim that Obama had nothing to do with the killing of Osama Bin Laden is equivalent to saying a coach has nothing to do with an athlete's victory on the field. As much as you dislike it, Obama is the Commander-in-Chief. If the army made a mistake, as the Commander you would expect him to take responsibility. In addition, even besides that, the Seals are not the only people responsible for Obama's death. Who gave them the equipment? The training? Who found the intelligence discovering where he is? Who greenlit the operation? All of these people have a hand in the death of Obama, and if any of these had failed then the entire operation would have failed.

As far as drilling - it's kind of sad, really. Republicans hound Obama "LOWER GAS PRICES, MORE OIL, MOREMOREMOREMORE", and then when he gives in to them he gets "YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE HOW DARE YOU DO WHAT WE WANTED", and then people use that as an argument to vote for a Republican candidate, who wants far more drilling than Obama allowed. He's screwed coming and going on that one.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    lol @ the people who have no grasp of politics or economics whatsoever. If you honestly believe that we are worse off, fiscally, economically, socially, etc, now than we were in 2007-2008, then I would suggest you march yourself down to a hospital of some kind and get your head examined.
    Were not worse off but things are no better either.. so a few people got their jobs back.. big deal. I personally think were screwed but that my opinion.. but listening to CNN all they keep saying is the Economy is the big thing and the black(African American) vote and their problems.. like wtf bout the rest of us... BTW I hate when people say african american... people dont call me Caucasian they call me white but i gotta call blacks African American.. no thank you... but back on topic The enconmy is the issue and neither of them got anything that interest me or anything i personally think will help the economy.....

Last edited:
    Years
    Were not worse off but things are no better either.. so a few people got their jobs back.. big deal. I personally think were screwed but that my opinion.. but listening to CNN all they keep saying is the Economy is the big thing and black(African American) hate when people say that... people dont call me Caucasian they call me white but i gotta call blacks African American.. no thank you... but back on topic The enconmy is the issue and neither of them got anything that interest me or anything i personally think will help the economy.....

28 consecutive months of job growth and the 4.5 million regained jobs disagree with you.

Years
    Obama is trying to ruin America. He orchestrated the sale of murder weapons to the mexican drug cartels (in mexico), he violated the war powers act, 5+ million less jobs, largest number of people on welfare (due to loss of jobs), he illegally drilled for oil in the gulf of mexico, spend a trillion (1 trillion) on shovel ready jobs and later addressed there never was any shovel ready jobs. He may of done good things too but the bad things outweigh the good things. Also, to the people who think Obama killed Osama Bin Laden, he had nothing to do with it it was all by the Navy Seals. We were 5 trillion in debt when Bush left now we are 14 trillion and counting, our country is pretty much divided again. So what has he done? He pretty much ****** America and will continue to do it until were ruined. I'm not saying Bush was good either but Obama is the worst. If it wasn't for Bush sending the troops over then Bin Laden would still be walking on this planet. Obamacare ***** everyone the ages 26 and up because thats when your parents don't gotta pay for your health care. So those of you that are under 26 your parents now gotta pay 5000 a year for every household in your family. That's a big slap in the face isn't it? You guy's wanted change, well you know what? You got change and it's not good. I bet the only ones arguing that Obama is a good president is either too young to realize what's really going on, brainwashed, or hardcore liberal.

Where did you hear that it costs $5000 extra to keep children on their parents healthcare plan until their 26? If that's just how much parents would be paying for 8 additional years of coverage for their children (since many used to go off their parents' plans at 18), I'd say that's actually quite the healthcare bargain.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Toujours, Obama doesn't know jack about the military. IMO it should be a requirement to serve in the US Military to even be elected for president. If your in charge of the military then you should of have served in the military. Sounds like to me your a hardcore liberal. I don't get along with hardcore liberals nor do I get along with hardcore republicans. Or your brainwashed by what the government has created.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back