• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An Exquisite Corpse II

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
  • Off to posting the corpse, then, am I right? ^-^

The corpse named Discombobulated Dish-washing Wonder Malarkey.
    I love it how the titles never make any sense and I can't even understand half of the words... But hey, what the heck. There's always an online dictionary -_-''

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Off to posting the corpse, then, am I right? ^-^

Yep. Everyone repeatedly poke Censored. Perhaps in the eye. He only needs one to post, right?

I love it how the titles never make any sense and I can't even understand half of the words... But hey, what the heck. There's always an online dictionary -_-''

XD I say you should contribute a word in Finnish in the next round.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Yeah, I know it's been a month since round three ended, but there's reasons why I haven't started round four yet. Namely, bunch of crap happened between the end of round three and now, and, well, real-life sucks.

Anyway, we could do a fourth round, but I'm just wondering if anyone's interested in doing so. It may be slow-going for this round as well on the updating side of things because I really don't even know where I'll be living for half the summer let alone whether or not I'll be mooching off someone's interwebs, but we'll see what comes out of that.

In any case, if you're interested, just put your name down here, and if we get a reasonable amount of people, we'll get the next round launched.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • ...I'd be interested. :O

I mean, it's just a page. One page. I don't know what's up in other people's lives to prevent them from finding the time needed to write a single page of writing which could be done in a half hour or less once you get a basic idea for what to write. Really, with something like this, you don't even need an idea. Just take what you get and write the craziest, most off the wall thing that comes to mind.

Even if it's just one short page, I've found that I quite like doing this. They remind me of the writing exercises we did in school where the teacher would give you some prompt and then you had to write whatever came to mind. They were annoying to me at the time, but given what I do in school now I'd kill to have those back...

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I'm in. I can also pretend to be three different people if we don't get enough writers otherwise xD I really kind of love doing this...

Actually, now that I think of it... If we only get a few people, it might be interesting to do a double round, so that everyone gets two turns. It might have some fun effects on the final product, especially if people try to be on the same storyline on both turns.

Then again, I see no reason why we wouldn't get enough people. There hasn't been a shortage of people before... Although, it is the busiest time in school right now. Still, like Shrike said, one page. I just suggested just in case.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'll go.

It's only the beginning of Term 2.

Although it could get to the half-yearlies by the time I get my turn. :O Might even get to next holidays. xD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    That last corpse was never even finished. =/

And I'll join in with this next one. I can easily write a page for this corpse on my breaks at work.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • Technically I believe it was finished however so many people dropped out that I don't think even the last person realized they were the last person. :S

EDIT: Okay, I guess the last person was the tail all along, but I guess it was just that so few people wrote compared to how many signed up that we were all expecting more entries and, in part due to the lack of a good old fashioned "the end," we all were just caught unaware.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • ...Well that's a first, someone posting while I was editing. X_x That's an all new sort of ninja post...

Anyways, I added this: Okay, I guess the last person was the tail all along, but I guess it was just that so few people wrote compared to how many signed up that we were all expecting more entries and, in part due to the lack of a good old fashioned "the end," we all were just caught unaware.

So...

*Joins in on the brick throwing as he is not an English major and does not get the joke although assumes it's a reference to someone who always leaves stories hanging.*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Okay, I guess the last person was the tail all along, but I guess it was just that so few people wrote compared to how many signed up that we were all expecting more entries and, in part due to the lack of a good old fashioned "the end," we all were just caught unaware.

This is totally not why it took me a month to edit in the link. Of course not.

*Joins in on the brick throwing as he is not an English major and does not get the joke although assumes it's a reference to someone who always leaves stories hanging.*

Samuel Taylor Coleridge once got high on opium, wrote half a poem about his drug-induced dreams, but got sidetracked when someone knocked on his door and talked to him for over an hour until he forgot what the dream was about. :D

(This, unfortunately, is not the only instance of Coleridge completely failing at finishing something.)

Back