• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Dynasty; A Viper's Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    She staggered inward, slipping to her knees once she'd gotten inside. She was small enough she didn't take much room at all, "I'm... Okay~ I... Think."

Her Minun however was now rudely awakened by the cold floor of the elevator and in a blind sleeply trance, wandered towards anything warm... which in this case just happened to be the older girl's magmar. Curling up on its feet, the lil minun was simply too adorable to kick off. It was a little thing, under developed, and thus it was just a cute ball of huggable goodness.... or was it?

It was uninvited, half awake and was now starting to drool on the magmar's foot, nuzzling it happily like it was a pillow.

A very warm fluffy pillow....

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Henna's expression was like thunder. Her eyes flashed furiously, her brow furrowed, and she gave the minun the diritest, most trecherous glare she could muster. It was quite ferocious, but it just so happened the minun had her eyes closed.

Rosairie seemed oblivious to her pokemon's discomfort. "That must of hurt," she began, "hitting the ground like that. Do you need anything? Ice pack? Plaster? I'm Rosairie, by the way." she paused for a moment, offering the new girl her hand to shake. "I'm heading to Twilight tournament, so are the rest of these guys. My Jolteon..." she gestured to the shivering shape by her feet, "Is Silence, he's a little...wary. Behind me's Henna, she's the big fierce looking Magmar."
    Rosairie was getting her confidence back now; faced with a similarily pretty girl, dressed in a similiarily pretty way, she was feeling a lot more normal. Sure, this girl was young - she looked far too young to be thirteen - but she was dressed normally, and she didn't have a huge Arbok curled around her left thigh.

Henna coughed loudly. {Rozzie, please ask this young lady to remove her baggage from my foot.} the magmar's voice was slightly more strained than usual. Young humans, young magbys, young eevees... all of those, she could deal with. Minuns? No way. Not in this lifetime.
    Rosairie turned, and spotted the electric mouse.
    "Kawaii~!" she exclaimed, and hugged Henna around her middle. The magmar's eyebrows rose.
    {Translate?} she urged.
    "Right," Rosairie muttered, and turned to the new girl. "Henna wishes you to remove your... pokemon, please. Though, she is cute..." she stared at it wistfully.
    Silence padded around to the other side of Rosairie's leg, as far away fromt he minun as possible.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    "Eh? No, I'm hopeless and therefore I'm kinda used to it." She rubbed the back of her neck in embarassment, "I'm always falling, tripping and what not.... Thus why I'm here and not back home." Noting that she hadn't introduced herself, she stood up and bowed politely, "Hajimemashita. ^^ I'm Kyoko."

Kyoko blinked, eyes widening at the mention of her suck-up cutie-pie minun, "Mi-chan! Get off! It's not nice to attach yourself to other people's feet without asking no matter how cold you are!" She reached between legs, snagging the fluffball from what might have been its doom.

Minna snarled lightly, as she was plucked from her warmth but soon caught glance of Rosairie. She toddled over to stand beneathe the older girl for a second, admiring her choice of footwear before peering up with one of the most adorable looks known to pokemon kind and man kind alike.

She hiccuped and sniffered, little paws raised to the older girl along with a pitiful little "Miiin" and a bashful swish of the little cute tail.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Rosairie gave a little gasp. "D'awwwwww! How precious!" she bent down and picked up the little rodent, cradling it in her arms and whispering affectionate nonsense at the tiny creature.
    The girl smiled. "Nice to meet you, Kyoko. And nice to meet you too, Mi-chan."
    She put the little minun back on the floor, making sure she put her on the opposite side to her Jolteon. He watched the minun catiously, as if she might explode at any second.

Rosairie's brain finally kicked in, and she leant over and jabbed the commands 'up' into the control panel. The doors swished shut, the lift lurched, and the group began their journey upwards.
    "So you're here for the tournament?" Rosairie asked. After all, Mi-chan probably wasn't Kyoko's only pokemon - maybe just a pet, to keep her and her proper pokemon company. "My team and I - we're hoping to compete."
    The lift gave another great jump, and the doors swung open, leading out to a long, pleasantly decorated corridoor. Pictures of flowers were scattered across the wall, and at the very end was a big counter with several forms on it. A screen buzzed up ahead, with names of trainers on. Coran Smith, with her team of Houndoom, Arbok and Chansey. Rose Mercury, with her team of Wigglytuff, Jumpluff and Venomoth. They all flashed up and disappeared again. A crowd of teenagers milled about, talking loudly. On the counter sat a sign; 'sign-ups here'.
    Rosairie stepped out into the lght, Silence and Henna at her heels.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    OOC - Power to the word lift! and other british words charon - chan!!!!
    oh and im afraid i wont be here from tomorrow until thurday night, my grandads ill and we need to go and visit him, will there be a suitable area in the plot very soon for my character top disapear for a while and make a believeable return?

IC:

Just as the doors were about to be shut, JJ saw another girl run in, she was accompanied....by a minun. a small pokemon that obviously took after her trainer, as the girl was rather small herself, clearly young.
    {uum, don't you think things are getting a little bit cramped in here} grovyle said suddenly, speaing for the first time since the appearence of the Arbok....
    Jeffery jumped at the sound and took a moment to understand what his pokemon had just said to him.

''....oh, yea...uuum, maybe, but oh well, i mean your not taking up much room and the majority of pokemon in here are small'' he replied cating a look at the magmar, which JJ was itching to learn more about.

The door to the lift opened, and straight ahead, JJ saw a sight he was releaved to meet his eyes. The unmistakeable registration desk of the ceremonys tournament. Jeffery chuckled to himself, as he was starting to panic that he may never ger there in time!
    *Perhaps this would be an ideal time to slip ahead of everyone*
    he thought to himself. JJ wasn't a mean person, and he did enjoy haveing people around him and engaging in conversation, but he wasn't really in that sort of mood at the moment.
    as everyone stepped out of the lift and began to either chat or look around, JJ slipped ahead and walked straight up to the registration counted. a young red haired woman with glasses was sitting there, she smiled at jeffery as he approched.
    JJ returned the smile and Grovyle jumped off his head onto the counter

''Grovyle!, get down from there!''

''Oh no it's quite alright'' the woman said cheerully ''he's fine''

''Oh'' JJ replied ''Thanks. now, uuum i'm here to register for the tournament...''

''No problem at all, may i please have your pokenav?''

JJ slipped a hand into his bac pocket and pulled out the small electronic devise, he handed it to her, and she took it and span about in her chair to face a computer/ She slid it halfway into a space which was assumidly especially for them.
    On the computer appeared all of JJ's information

Name: Jeffery George Jones
    Home area: Hoenn
    Currently held Pokemon:
    - Grovyle
    - Corsola
    - Taillow
    - Snorlax

Tournament history: searching.....................Top 16 in pokemon leage at indogo plateu.

JJ turned about quickly at the others who had accompanied him in the lift, and other trainers who were walking around. JJ didn't really want anyone who to be seeing this sort of personal information, not that he didnt mind sharing it, but he was already thinking of others, as the competition, he was prepared to make friends where he could, but this sort of information such as his pokemon, and knowing his past tournament experience may prove helpful to his opponents.

he turned bac to the young woman ''wil....will that be all?'' he spoke with a sence of ergency in his voice, and casting another look behind him.
    The information disapeared from the screen and the pokenav was deposited, the woman handed it to him with a smile
    ''your all signed my sweety''

''Brilliant! thanks a lot!''

OOC - as i said, i wont be here, i dnt know what the current people in charge of the RP are planning next, so if next are the tiurnament matches, then could you please save mine to last. if someonething more dramatic happened, then could you please have my character either injured, captured, basically disapear in a way believeable to the event. thankyou :)

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Nodding a "thanks", Chain stepped into the lift--followed shortly by another female. After casting a casual glance at her, the male trainer turned his gaze elsewhere and remained wordless until the group arrived at their destination. Waiting until everyone else had exited the lift, Chain brushed a strand of hair behind one ear and started toward the sign-up booth.

Moving his hands to their customary position in his pockets, Chain sauntered to the end of the line, his gaze roving steadily about the area. It's been a while since I've seen this many trainers in one place. Each person with their own story, own hopes and dreams . . . But, how many will be able to reach their goals in the end? Chain automatically moved forward with the line as he became lost in his thoughts. Different people, different Pokemon, different methods . . . Some more honorable than others. A bitter flame flickered behind Chain's eyes.

"May I have your ID, sir?"

The flame vanished as Chain was snapped from his reverie and turned, surprised, toward the source of the voice. A youthful female stood behind the registration desk, smiling hesitantly as she repeated her question.

"Er, your ID, sir?"

"Uh, yeah." Chain removed a small device--resembling a Pokenav, though darker in colour and of simpler design--from his pocket and dropped it on the desk.

Lifting the object with a delicate hand, the female smiled politely. "Thank you. This will onlly take a moment."

Nodding silently, Chain watched the woman enter his information into a computer. Though his stance and expression indicated a lack of concern, the intense light had returned to his eyes. And, as the female read his identification aloud, Chain stiffened.

"So, your name is Chain Quaixer. And, your Pokemon are . . . " Chain bit his lip as the woman glanced thoughtfully at his list of registered Pokemon. ". . . A Porygon?" Turning toward Chain, the employee murmured, "That somehow seems familiar. Someone named Chain who owns a Porygon."

Chain swiftly averted his gaze, almost hissing as he tersely replied, "Yeah, it would."

"Hm?" Having only partially heard the reply, the female tilted her head inquiringly.

"Nothing," Chain muttered before raising his voice to a more normal volume and fixing his burning gaze on the woman. "You done yet?"

Feeling the shock of Chain's gaze, she swiftly, nervously answered, "Er, not yet." She typed a few words into the computer before handing him his Pokenav. "There you go, sir."

As Chain accepted the device and prepared to leave, recognition dawned upon the worker. "Oh! I remember you now!" she exclaimed. "You're that boy who lost control of his Pokemon a few years back. It was a Porygon you couldn't control, right? But, after that, it was said that you disappeared, so . . . " Her voice trailed off as she saw a shadow fall over Chain's eyes. Without a word, he turned and ran down the hall.

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Well, I would've posted yesterday..

..Had my Dad not broken the keyboard on my laptop, not to mention disconnect the internet on the computer I am using at the moment. He simply refused to re-connect it until today, when my Mom had to file stuff on the comp or somethin.

And furthermore, we have to take the laptop to a mechanic tomorrow and get it fixed.

Thank you father, you have succeeded in your attempts to get me hopelessly lost in the RP world. XD

When Plushie lightens up she will share info on pressies.

Oh yes, and since I'd rather not inconveniance everyone with another lift entrance, Avery will have to miss it and take the stairs. XD

*hopes that this next IC is accurate*

IC:

Everything that had taken place after Avery's last words had left her utterly confused. As if the continued dispute between Valen and Eliadon weren't enough to leave her speechless, some guards that were obviously working for that Waiwai-whatever company had come to permanently break it up, teleporting away in an instant and leaving the group a small, meek guard to lead the way from the lift.

Of course, once that was done, everyone started to make their way towards the lift after apparently deciding that they'd rather not get left behind. Avery herself was going to make her way towards the lift as well, were it not for the fact that Fable had chosen that moment to begin tugging on her hair.

"What?" She hissed, turning her head to shoot the Sableye a glare. It thoroughly annoyed her when he tugged on her hair, and he knew that well by now. The Sableye didn't say anything, but gestured with his head towards something in the distance.

In the complete opposite direction of the lift, the hall continued for quite some time, leading to other areas of Undercity, probably markets or lesser residential areas. But what Fable was looking at was a set of windows placed a good bit down the hall, probably to make the area look a lot brighter than it actually was. They were ordinary glass windows, but for some reason they were placed near the ceiling, as if what you could see beyond them were higher up than the building itself.

"..Why are you pointing at those windows? You honestly think I can see through them from this far away?" Avery asked, shooting another look at her Sableye.

{Oh yes. Fable remembers now. Humans have the worst of visions. My apologies.} The imp replied simply, tilting his head before sighing. Avery rolled her eyes at this, although in reality sometimes she did wish she had the vision of a Sableye. They have very keen eyesight, which is why they could see in dark caves.

"Well, what did you see, anyways?" Avery continued, her curiousity getting the better of her.

{Fable thinks it's in Overcity 'cause the windows be high up, yes? But anyways, Fable sees circus cages.}

"Circus cages? Um, well, whatever, we can check it out later, if we don't hurry up we'll miss-" Avery was cut off when the mocking sound of doors sliding closed rang through the air.

She immediately whipped around in time to see the lift doors close, cutting her off from whoever had boarded.

"..the lift." She said, finishing her last sentence, although it was difficult for anyone to hear her over Fable's laughter. The Sableye let go of her shoulder to hold his sides, immediately falling to the ground, although apparently it didn't phaze him, for he continued laughing despite that, not to mention glares from Avery.

"Oh, shut up and just come on, would you? All is not lost, we can still make the sign-ups in time!" Avery shouted, grabbing the Sableye by the arm and lifting him off of the ground before moving towards a staircase leading upwards, which was wrapped around the lift shaft.

{Heh-heh-heh! Coming here was the best idea Avery ever had! Fable is most amused! Maybe when we catch up to those funny people, Fable will have the chance for more amusement!} The Sableye cried, still laughing quite a bit at the frustrated look on Avery's face.

OOC:

Well, making this post made me lighten up, so I'll gloat on pressies now.

*ahem*

In terms of video games, I got.. Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7, Kirby Air Ride, and Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. They all kept me alive when I had no iternet. =3

I also got Shrek 2, Madagascar, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy, all of which are teh pwnage as most of you may know.

I also got me own scanner! ^.^ Of course I can't use it without a functioning laptop.

But the very best of all..

Is my new Swampert plushie. IT PWNS YOU ALL. XD

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| plush, Alter said the robed men were in upper city, outside - if Avery missed the elavtor, how did she see them...? *is being a prick* sorry, but I think everyone's meant to see that after they've signed up, etc.
    @ JJ: don't worry, if you want we'll bunny your character along until then. The actual battles probably won't be for a while.
    Plush, Yibber, Mel: which one of you wants to play Lori? I don't think I can do her justice..}

Rosairie tilted her head to one side. She had been standing behind Chain in the queue, and she had...well, overheard... the desk girl's comments. A porygon, ay? she thought. She had heard rumours about them; weren't they completely artifictial pokemon? How could you loose control of something that was, in essence, a computer program...? Before she could think further, Chain had fled.
    "Wait!" Rosairie called after him, and made to dash after him. Before she had even left the line her Magmar's heavy hand had dragged her back and ushered her up to the counter. "At least I know his name now," she thought, watching as his name vanished to make way for her own.

She handed over her ID card, and the woman at the desk gave a forced smile. "Welcome to Twilight City, please allow us to sign you in." She said brightly, but Rosairie sensed a tired edge to her voice. She handed over her things, and watched as a photo of her, along with her name and data, appeared on screen.
    Henna frowned. {This doesn't seem good, if all your information is here saying you're entering the tournament, your father will-} she was cut off by the women behind the desk, who didn't seem to notice Rosairie's magmar was mid sentence.
    "So you're Rosairie Beaumont... You've got four pokemon with you, a Magmar, a Jolteon, a Golduck and an Ivysaur, and in your PC you've got ten pokemon..." she muttered, checking through the information as it appeared on her own moniter. "15, female...from Kanto. Oh, and your family are authorised to sit in the top box during the tournament."
    Rosairie nodded. "That sounds about right..."
    The woman handed back the ID Card. "Here you go. You've got about three hours until the prelimeraries begin, feel free to explore our city, enjoy our parks and browse our fine boutiques."
    Rosairie nodded, and stepped away.

Henna and Silence were sitting on a potted plant , waiting for her. She waved them over. Silence bounded off the terracota and padded over on quiet paws. In fact, apart from the occasional crackle or spark from his static coat, he was completely inaudiable. Henna and the other pokemon had grown used to him now, but it was still easy to imagine him as a ghost.
    Henna handed Rosairie back her bag; she accepted it.
    "Now to get out of this place..."she muttered, but there was only one way to go. Straight down the corridoor.

The magmar peered out the window. Through the glass, she could see a snapshot of a town; it was lofty, all tall, willowing buildings. Every surface seemed to be made of sparkling, crystalline glass. In caught the light and flashed. Geometrical too, Henna noticed. Rosairie's gonna love this... she thought to herself.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Oh joy, she'd once again zonned out and this time she'd gotten left behind... again. Scrambling to put her Minun back in its ball, she reslung her bag over her shoulder and ran off in the general direction everybody else had, rubbing her forehead softly.

"Great great great. I'm spacing again, my head's hurting and I still gotta sign up for that tournament...." She sighed, running along, watching the ground this time to avoid another mishap, towards the building.

Once inside, she almost went right back out. There had to be at least 30 peple in this place and that wasn't counting the people working here or the pokemon that wandered around next to the trainers. A soft whimper escaped her throat as she tried desperatly to keep from ducking right back out. Every part of her body aside from her fists and of course her head, was telling her to just leave.

But leaving would just start the same cycle she'd been living in for the past four years all over again... and that in itself made her wander over towards the PC Box.

To anybody who'd caught a glimpse of her however, she looked either drunk or like she was about to fall over dead. Poor nervous lil wreck she was.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Henna coughed loudly. {Rosairie, I think you should help stripey. She's had far too much to drink, by the look of it.} she told her trainer coldly.
    Rosairie glanced up from her pokemon, and tried to locate the girl amongst the other trainers. A lot of people were already heading out of the corridor into the town, and as the crowd decreased Rosairie's eyes finally fell on Kyoko. She was staggering towards her pokemon box, apparently dying.
    Rosairie sighed, and strolled after her. Silence trotted behind her like a neat little dog, glancing around nervously but never falling out of step with his trainer. He didn't like crowds, mainly because you never could tell you was lurking within them. It could be anyone; a mass murderer, a pick-pocket, a terrorist, or... or one of them. He gave an involentary shudder.
    Henna had a far more bored look on her face; she was used to waiting for Rosairie, and she was quite contented to stand in the background and read pamplets while Rosairie socialised with her own kind.

"Need any help?" she asked, appearing behind Kyoko. "You don't look very happy."
    Rosairie peered at the computer's moniter.

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    "Uwah?! No, n-n-n-o. I'm alright!" She tried to offer up a thumbs up... and nearly tipped over, "See? Just fine. I'm 100% a-okay, I've never been better in my life, I'm the best I've ever been! There's nothing's wrong with me at all! I'd certianlly tell you if there was but there isn't-" The computer dinged once and after a bit of fizzling, a pokeball dropped into the little slot.

Kyoko snagged it, hugging it to her chest tightly, her personality switching from frazzled to... well, almost possesive. She did have right to be possesive, the pokeball her seemingly "I can't live without" pokemon was contained in a Love Ball which wasn't the cheapest thing in the world.

Retrieving her ID card from the machine she leaned heavily against it, her shaking returning slightly, "Gomen... I just... hate-hate crowds..." she muttered, almost wishing the older girl wouldn't hear it. She'd been shy since she was young and almost always got laughed at because of her meekness. It seemed to her that it was a good assumption that this wasn't going to be any different.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Rosairie had, of course, overheard. She was good at 'overhearing' other people's conversations; she was one of the popular girls at school, certainly, but that didn't mean everyone liked her. Quite the contary, her school was full of people that despised her; despised her lavish house, despised her fine clothes, and despised the muscley, brawny magmar that followed her everywhere. She was too rich, she wasn't rich enough, she was too skinny, she was too tall, she was too blonde, she wasn't blonde enough. Henna was convinced they were simpy jealous of her; Rosairie found that hard to believe.

She put a reassuring hand on Kyoko's shoulder. "Don't worry about it! Take my Jolteon, for example-" Rosairie gestured at the electric type by her feet, "-he hates crowds too. He never complains, but he gets so paranoid..." she smiled, and bent down to cuddle her pokemon. He gave a sad sigh.
    Henna smiled. Rosairie was simple, and selfish, and extremely judgemental. But she did love her pokemon.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    She winced at the remark about the other girl's pokemon. That Jolteon was shy as a bug but it was still braving the crowds. She on the other hand, couldn't even do that. She bit down on her lower lip and stood up, smiling as best she could given the circumstances, "Th-thank you... um... Where do I... sign up?"

While awaiting an answer, she released the pokemon from its ball, "Miko! Ohayo. n.n" The ball flashed a bright pink color followed by several red hearts and once everything had died down, a very groggy looking Shuupet floated at Kyoko's feet. "Shuuu...." /You and your wake up calls.../

Kyoko leaned down, offering her arm to her Shuupet, "Sorry! But I gotta enter the contest, ya know?"

Miko shrugged as best as a ghost pokemon could shrug and floated up to sit on Kyoko's head like a hat, "Pett." /As long as I get souls to munch on... I don't care./

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Mika-san, don't bother with the poke-tongue. Just stick the translations inside the jaggedy brackets.}

Rosairie pointed in the direction of the counter. "Over there, see the lady? She's the one you want to talk to."

Silence recoiled as the Shuppet was released. He darted over to hide behind Henna, who was slightly further away than Rosairie.
    {C'mon, guys, let's give Kyoko some space...} Henna muttered, and they stalked off towards the potted plant. Rosairie sat down on the window sill, Henna crouched on the floor, and Silence regained his spot on the pot itself.

Rosairie was, to be honest, glad to get away. The appearence of the shuppet had sent a shiver down her spine, and the fact that Kyoko let it sit on her head was, well, creepy to say the least.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    She blinked, taking the oppertunity to head over to the counter and thus over to the receptionist which is where she encountered yet another problem: She was so short she could barely see over the counter.

"Um.. scuse me... I'm hear to sign up for the tournament?" She blinked, standing on her tip toes to fully see over the counter, "If there's still room that is."

The receptionist blinked, "There is room but sweetie, you gotta be at least fourteen to enter. In two more years you can come back, okay?"

She blushed, "I am fourteen..."

"I'm sorry, but I'll need to see some id." The receptionist yawned, clacking her french maniqured (sp?) nails on the counter, "You need to prove to me you're elligable."

Kyoko sighed, fumbling around in her bag until she found her purple poke gear. She gently pushed it forwards towards the clerk, "Will this do?"

The woman nodded, plugging it into the computer and typing a little on the keys. "Okay... so your name is Kyoko... You are fourteen... and you've got four pokemon, a Shuupet, a Dratini, a Minun and an Espeon...."

"Is that all then?" Kyoko tapped her foot impatiently.

"..Just a moment... Just need to clarify a few basic things... Alright, it says here you're fourteen, female and you're from Ecruteak City, correct?"

"Yes."

"...It also says that any family that may come visit may use the top box in the stands alright?"

"What's that?"

"Well any person of higher standings, be it a gym leader, an Elite Four Member or someone with a great amount of money, is invited to sit in the upper row. It's got the best view. As a gym leader's decendent you should know that."

She winced, "I'm-I'm sorry..."

The receptionist shook her head, "I guess it can't be helped, it says here you're the youngest. Probably nobody ever thought of telling you... Anyways, if they do come, just point them towards the VIP sections, alright? They'll get in just by saying they're with you and although they'll have to be approved, your father's well known. so it shouldn't be a problem."

Her hand brought itself to her forehead and rubbed away at the stress that was begining to mount. "Is that all then ma'am?"

She nodded, "Mmhmm. You've got 3 hours til the prelims so enjoy the scenery around you."

Kyoko nodded, retrieved her pokemon and headed over towards Rosairie, head somewhat downcast at the thought of one of her family members actually showing up for the tournament. "...Daddy would just use it as an excuse to pick on my skills again..."

With a swift motion, she tapped her Shuupet with the Love Ball and returned it to its place on the strap of her bag. People didn't really seem to understand Ghost Pokemon and tended to judge them, along with their trainers, very quickly without a second thought and that was probably the last thing she needed today.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Finding himself in an empty hall, Chain leaned his back against the wall, tilting his head upward toward the flickering fluorescent lights as he drew in slow, controlled breaths. The artificial light played eerily across his features, creating unnatural shadows and accenting the flame that continued to burn in his eyes. Tightening his hands into fists, Chain murmured, "Why can't they just forget?" The trainer leaned his head forward, casting his gaze toward the ground. "It . . . It wasn't my fault. So, why don't they just forget it ever happened and leave me alone?"

Raising a hand, Chain clutched the Premier Ball than hung from his necklace. And yet . . . His hand slowly released its grip before gently withdrawing from his white pendant. And yet, I suppose it was my fault--for failing to protect my Pokemon. Chain's eyes closed as he gradually regained his composure. I'm sorry, Porygon. Not only for what happened back then, but for the present as well. I'll probably only be using you as a last resort. It's not that I'm ashamed of you. I guess I just don't want to face the world yet.

Straightening, the male released a quiet sigh before starting back toward the main hall. All those people who looked down on me so much, who so disdained me . . . They didn't and don't know anything. And, if they are that ignorant, I suppose I don't need them after all. The fire in Chain's eyes flickered and finally faded as he stepped into the registration hall. The bright, overhead lights cast their aura about him as the unceasing murmur of excited conversation surrounded him. Without a word, Chain began to make his way through the crowd. And yet, here I am again.

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Nah, 'tis fine that you said something, Charon. I must edit right away. *lunges at Edit button*

Oh, and Avery isn't suspicious about them cages right now, so she isn't going to be saying anything about them until the time is most proper, does that make sense? And if my edit actually makes sense, then she shouldn't even be able to tell how suspicious they really are.. Ho hum. *stole your phrase*

I should take a picture of me plushie some time soon.

IC to come after I edit.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Heh heh, got a bit carried away with playing with my new gifts... ^^; Been neglecting this site. Plus I had to download the newest pokemon movie and watch it. I think I've just become a huge fan of Aaron and Rukario. ^-^

Glad to have you with us again Mika. Konban wa (it's dark here ^^)!

Anyway:

Reina
    ---------------

Reina watched silently as the others began to register and sign themselves up. The newcomer to their little group from the lift was someone that Reina didn't feel like introducing herself to. After all, she really didn't want to bother with all of these introductions and such, and the girl who had called herself as Rosairie seemed to be taking her under her wing.

Rosairie was just the kind of person that Reina had thought she would be. She was the kind that looked at her as if choosing the way you dressed was a crime if it wasn't to society's standards, the kind of girl that would probably always dislike being around her. Reina didn't care, she was used to it by now. At least... that's what she told herself.

Tabansi looked up at his trainer with a concerned look. He wasn't a master of recognizing human emotions, but he knew that look on Reina's face. He also knew better than to say anything about it too.

Reina's eyes widened a bit as Chain's pokemon were registered, and it was shown that he had a Porygon. Reina had always thought that Porygon were awesome pokemon. She had never quite understood how you would handle one though; she would have to ask Chain to show it to her sometime. She didn't think about how he got or why he had it with him; Reina was not the one to think of people's pasts, just of how they were now.

She did feel a bit curious though after he had darted down the hallway when the receptionist remembered a bit of history about him. Reina stared curiously after him. Losing control of your pokemon was nothing to be ashamed of; it has happened to the best trainers. She shrugged though and figured that she would avoid bringing it up should they meet again.

Some more went ahead of Reina; she was in no hurry, as the woman had already told someone, they had three hours, and Reina already had no idea what she was going to do during that amount of time. She wasn't exactly the sight-seeing type.

Reina stepped forward then and handed her own ID card to the receptionist. The woman looked at the screen as Reina's stats flashed before her.

"So you must be... Reina Rookford. You're 17 years old young lady?" she said to Reina with a sweet smile. Reina nodded with a, "Yep."

"Your two lovely pokemon are Heracross and Staryu, am I right?" the woman said in the same light and airy voice, still looking as prim and fresh as she had when the large group had first come in. She had probably done this same routine countless times today, and yet she still managed to look presentable. Had this been Reina at the front desk, then she would have gotten rather tired and frustrated with such a large group.

"Yep."

"Would you like me to repeat what I did to the others? Or did you hear all of it already?" she said with a smile that told Reina that she knew the kind of person Reina was, and knew that the girl would rather be done with all of this signing up. Reina shook her head.

"No that's fine. Let's go Tabansi... let's go do... I dunno, whatever it is that people do when they wait," Reina said, wondering if she should hang out with JJ more, or go on her own for a while. She looked at the blond boy nearby.

Sighing, she looked around before addressing him, "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm gonna go look around a bit. I'll see you back here in about 3 hours JJ." She smiled, then headed off with Tabansi at her heels.

{You seem to be getting along well with JJ,} Tabansi said with a smirk.

"Cut it out, I've only known him for less than an hour or something. Just because I'm a teenage girl doesn't mean I always think about boys," Reina replied, looking a bit annoyed.

{I was just teasing. I know you're never like that,} Tabansi said with a knowing look. Reina glared back at him for a moment. He was always reminding her of that one crush she had... stupid idiot. Reina looked away; even tomboys can get their hearts broken by boys.

OOC: Erm... I don't know if I could do Lori right... lemme think about it. I shall think about it. I might... hopefully Alter wouldn't kill me.. ;-;

EDIT: Meep!! XD Forgot it was supposed to be Lori who was the receptionist! Must... change... speech pattern...! X_X

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

'Tis normal to get carried away with presents, Melissa, don't fret. ^^

And awesomest.. You have seen teh new Pokemon movie.. That rox.

IC:

"God.. That was a.. A lot more stairs than I thought there.. Would be." Avery wheezed, once she had made it to the top of the stairs, Fable still being dragged through the air by arm. The Sableye still had a smile on his face, obviously still amused by the whole thing. By now Avery's best interest was in ignoring him, although she allowed him return to the ground when he requested that she do so once she had uttered her last sentence.

"Now let's see.. Everyone's lining up at that desk, so let's do that, too!" Avery exclaimed enthusiastically, that is, once she had regained her breath. The place where the stairs let off were basically right next to the lift, so it was no wonder that she was able to spot the registration desk so quickly, as well as the line of Trainers still forming in front of it.

{For all you know everyone's lining up for some PokeNav promotion.} Fable muttered from his spot near Avery's feet, although he made no protest when the Trainer moved towards the line of Trainers, remaining near her feet at all times.

Eventually it was her turn to speak to the woman behind the desk, and Avery, just being herself, enthusiastically approached without hesitation.

"This is where you sign-up for the tournament, right?" Avery asked, smiling, although the woman behind the counter merely threw her a bored glance, as if Avery was the three-hundred eighty-seventh person to ask that question.

"Yes yes, if you would like to sign up, just give me some form of I.D." The woman replied in a just as bored tone.

Avery didn't give a proper answer, just digging around in that black sling bag of hers for a few moments before producing what appeared to be a normal PokeNav, which was midnight blue in skin color.

"One moment, please." The woman said, taking the PokeNav from Avery. She was bored, that much one could tell, but apparently trying to be polite was in the job description. A few moments later, information about Avery was displayed on the computer screen, and the woman turned to address Avery once again.

"Avery Williams, fourteen years of age, from Mauville City, is this correct?" She asked, Avery merely nodding and replying with an enthusiastic 'Yes!'.

"And.. The Pokemon you will be using in the tournament are.. A Sableye, Lairon, Duskull, and an Umbreon. Is this correct?" The woman asked again. Avery's response was exactly the same as last time.

"Very well. One more moment." The woman said, before entering something into the computer, then handing over Avery's PokeNav. "Prelims are in three hours, you may explore the city and such until then. Have a nice day." The woman said, mustering a small flicker of a smile before gesturing towards the next Trainer in line.

{Where will Avery and Fable go now?} Fable piped up from his spot on the ground, once Avery had walked away from the registration desk. He latched onto Avery's leg, making short work of climbing all the way up to her shoulder.

"Um.. Three hours, huh? Well, I dunno, let's go hang out with someone." Avery replied, instantly surveying the room. "Hey, there's that girl that was by the lift earlier! Although it was kind of hard to notice her over that Valen dude and that Bayleef Trainer. I guess it wouldn't hurt to say 'hi'." Avery exclaimed, gesturing towards Reina.

{Or would it?} Fable stated, twisting his head at an odd angle, once again for his own amusement of watching people recoil in disgust. Avery didn't notice, she was already walking over to Reina's location.

"Hiya! Saw ya by the lift earlier! If you wouldn't mind me asking, what're ya gonna do with these three hours and all? Mostly because I can't think of anything." Avery exclaimed, not even bothering to state her name.

{Introduce yourself, lunatic.} Fable exclaimed, elbowing his Trainer in the neck after he had done so.

"Oh yes, and my name's Avery. This is Fable." Avery continued, wincing from the impact of Fable's elbow and gesturing towards the Sableye when he was mentioned.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    OOc-
    Eh!!Like,sorry dudes for the lack of posting.^^;;;
    Blame thy parents and the fact that I'm going to be so screwed in my new school.XDDD

I could try and play Lori,niah,lets let Melissi have her go first.^^ I'd probably mess it up either way.XP

Ic-

Two reasons for the fact that Cona had lost all connection with the surronding world.First it was Valen and Elidon disappearing,and then more people coming in.A girl with a Minun and the boy who had teleported with his Abra,to be exact.

Because of Krystal's pushing against her legs,he had managed to get her into the lift right before Reeve,who had given her a salute,which was ignored.As the others filed in,the girl leaned against the wall,not really being noticed at all.That was the way she liked it.

Were there really forces at work?Was the Tournament some kind of ploy to..to do something bad?

Cona slapped herself around in the head,trying to get the thoughts out as the doors of the lift opened and the rest slowly walked out of the lift and registered.However,she just stood there,still lost in her thoughts.Was it right to come here in the first place?How about the promise she had made to Walter?Then,there was this odd snapping sound...

"Gah!"the trainer jumped back in shock to find herself inside of a lift,Reeve snapping his fingers infront of her face.The boy was surprised as well,giving out a small yelp,before replacing it with a salute and pointing to the open doors of the lift.

"Mi-Miss,time to get out,I think...."he stuttered as Cona and her two pokemon stumbled out of the lift.They were the last ones to get out,as the doors closed behind them.She had come out just in time to see Chain dash somewhere.Was guilt getting to the boy?Most probably so...

The girl placed a finger on her chin as she walked up to a random counter she supposed was where one could sign up.It was operated by a stern-looking woman with black hair tied neatly into a bun,who looked rather older than the others on the counters beside her.

"Pokenav or Identification Card now,girl."she sort of ordered in a hard voice,holding one hand out.Not really taking in the features of sound of the lady,Cona took her time in the taking out of her Pokemon Navigator from the deepest reaches of her bag.Despite the tapping of her long fingernails against the counter.

The woman pulled it out of the her hands before placing it into a built-in slot,typing away on the keyboard,maintaining that stern expression on her face.

"Jacona.14.Pokemon Trainer.Two pokemon."she read out what was written on the screen,while the girl gave a lazy nod,gesturing to Kuner(still seated comfortably on Kry's head) and Krys.

"Oh,and a Pokemon Coordinator too.Not like thats going to help you."she commented,pushing her sqaure-rish glasses further up the bridge of her nose.

"Lilycove City.Daughter of Walter and Julia whatever."she sighed,taking the device out of the slot and forcing it towards Cona,before waving one hand in the air around it.

"Free to go.Be back in three hours."she shooed the girl away,before attending to the blonde boy lined up behind her.Who was clearly oblivious to the look on the counter lady's face as well,keeping that smile on his face.

Jacona tossed the Pokenav back into her slingbag,not really having anything to do,she sat down on one of the provided benches.Resting her head on her hand she started to drift off again,not really noticing that Chain had returned.Though,a group of people had gathered in a corner,beside where the pens were.For holding the wild pokemon one had to fight in the Tournament.They were whispering to each other in soft and hushed voices,looking like monks as they were sporting brown robes(and a rather dark shade of it Cona added).Hoods which had been sewn on,had obsecured their faces,not really giving the girl a chance to see what they looked like.

"Ooooh,more evil people at work?"she thought,slowly getting up and walking towards them,bumping into multiple people who were rushing to sign up.It was then that she noticed that the monks were a little farther away from the crowd then anyone else....

OOc-
    Ooookay,was that correct?!
    I don't know!!!GAH!!!>_<;;;
    I'l edit if needed!^^;;

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back