• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

And you thought Baro was bad! Let's Play Pokemon Green!

Kuribute123

HOLY CRAP GAISE
Years
  • LET'S PLAY POKEMON GREEN.
    -----Table of Contents----
    Part 1-Below you dummy
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8
    Part 9
    Part 10
    Part 11
    Part 12
    Part 13
    Part 14
    --------
    PokemonGreen1.png

First things first, it does have pretty nice sprites. My expectations are high, because I loved Pokemon Blue and Red.

PokemonGreen2.png

My expectations have been shattered.

PokemonGreen3.png

Pokemon Diamond, eat your heart out.

PokemonGreen4.png

This is at the point where I just gave up and went with it. r i pokyman 2too?

PokemonGreen5.png

Dr Pet. Dr Pet. Have you been going to your therapy classes?
    Then he kept rambling on and on (in broken english, mind you) about pets (aka pokemon).

PokemonGreen6.png

At least the sprites are nice. Now, let's cut to the chase.

PokemonGreen7.png

YES SIR I WILL DEFINE MY NAME SIR

PokemonGreen8.png

I didn't know what to "call it" since you only gave me 5 spaces.

PokemonGreen9.png

Of course for your kid you use proper grammar.

PokemonGreen10.png

Blue. I named him Blue. Then, I went and did the normal **** you have to do. No engrish so it wasn;t intresting. Anyways,

PokemonGreen12.png

You chose, cause right now I;m gonna rename myself to Oedipus Rex and gauge my ****ing eyes out.

Last edited:

Inoj

Premier Ball User
    Years
  • Firstard!

Why is no one replying in this epic thread? I mean, this thread just made my day. pwnz0rz is what this is.

OP: Fu**ing hilarious thread man. Nice work.

Kuribute123

HOLY CRAP GAISE
    Years
  • While gauging my eyes out, I got Shado. Sorry to everyone who wanted anyguy else.

Thanks for all the good comments, guys. Here's more Green action!
    Episode 2: Got the Blues! Battle With The Blues!

PokemonGreen14.png

Hey, atleast his engrish is much better then Oak's.

PokemonGreen15.png

WE SHALL NOW ENGAGE IN MORTAL COMBAT!

PokemonGreen16.png

All Senior citizens should have Life Alert.

PokemonGreen17.png

So yeah. We killed it. On with the adventure!
    *Insert fetch quest and grinding here* I wonder how the pokemon that live near indigo plateu look like?

PokemonGreen18.png

It looks good. But, NIDER?! NIDER!
    *gunshot*

PokemonGreen19.png

This name doesn't even make ****ing sense. Oh well, Spearow is awesome, though.

PokemonGreen20.png

As in M*A*S*H. This thing had to be in the cold war. I mean, MACHI! Machi is our war veteran.

PokemonGreen21.png

Oh yeah, we caught Nider aswell. Ciders what's gonna become of Nider if he doesn't get his ass in shape. :472:
    So, that was, different. Another part coming soon when I get out of this MENTAL ASYLUM!
    NIDER!
    N....I.....D....E....R

Years
  • Nice choice of game to make an LP on, lol :)
    By the way, the great sprites only improve from here. Wait until you see a Vileplume, just wait.
    (also, this "translation" of Green really is a mad house. It really creeps me out, with it's nonsensical names and the fact that it's supposed to be an accurate translation).

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • WTF is up with those names, did'nt these guys even PLAY the actuall R/G/B, or did they just google translate them from the original japanese names, I don't know the reason behind this (It's a pirate game after all, and pirates are notorious for doing this technique), but I noticed this: In case you did not know, the "kage" in "Hitokage" which we refer to internationally as "Charmander", translates to "shadow", (which is where Naruto's "Hokage" originates from, directly translating to "shadow of fire", or "fire shadow" or "shadow fire" etc.) thus making the pirated name the (un)official Japanese name of Charmander

I found out that the Mew glitch also exists in the pirate as well, it is called "Mi", which is very close to "Mew" but not enough (Makes me wonder if Mewtwo is called "Mitwo" or "Mitsu" or something ludicrous like that)

Nice choice of game to make an LP on, lol :)
    By the way, the great sprites only improve from here. Wait until you see a Vileplume, just wait.

Or Better yet, Egggxecutor, or even better..... Golbat!

(also, this "translation" of Green really is a mad house. It really creeps me out, with it's nonsensical names and the fact that it's supposed to be an accurate translation).

That's pirated games for you, really poor translations and names that make no sense, just look at Pokemon Diamond (no, not the awesome DS one with Dialga, the older, pirated one with the serpent thing on it, which is never actuially seen in the game, will be using it in my fangame), and a lot of the early Ruby Hacks from WAH! Ouartz and Naranja notably, followed by the more bizzare Perla, and Frigo Returns (as CBM quoted in Prism with the protestant soccer mom: "Who is Frigo anyways", actually, I love how CBM pointed out the pirated games, especially Quartz with "And Pokemon Quartz made my child cry with the cursing, even though it was RATED E FOR EVERYONE!", which makes me wonder if Baro actually translated the game) and of course, we have (Oh dear god no) Chaos Black (I can go all day with this stuff)......

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Lol, I know what you mean, when I saw videos of this, I coudn't understand half of the text that was broken down, also the moves are completely different, i.e Amnesia is called 'cheat' :S, Lol I like it so far though! :P

Kuribute123

HOLY CRAP GAISE
    Years
  • UPDATE

PokemonGreen22.png

I SWEAR HE SAID ALLIANCE PET. I don't know if I should be laughing or crying.

PokemonGreen22.png

enge. Becuase we all know that challenge is a very difficult word.

PokemonGreen25.png
    PokemonGreen26.png

Bobo. Really? BOBO?! Congratulations game. You've broken my mind two times and we haven't even gotten to viridian forest.

PokemonGreen27.png

Obviously he can't handle M*A*S*H's greatness. Oh yeah, and every pokemon in this game is a senior citizen I'm convinced.

PokemonGreen28.png

Damn you Torto and you're asailing powers
    emot-argh.gif
    !

PokemonGreen29.png

Never mess with iShad.
    I WIN THE BATTLE. Then he rambles on about how he's the greatest and **** but then he ran away and said go quicker.

PokemonGreen30.png

NEXT TIME. BROKEN FOREST.

Kuribute123

HOLY CRAP GAISE
    Years
  • No, but Finals are a *****.
    I will have an update by Friday of me going threw the Viridian Forest.
    And plus, there will be a bunch of parts in the summer. School ends for me June 18nth. So, just wait.
    WAIT

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I love this game. Really when I found it translated I thought "awesome". When I saw how different it was from the official English translations I thought it was pretty neat.

Sure the translation is a bit choppy here and there but I like some of the differences. Especially move names. Refreshing change from the norm.

Kuribute123

HOLY CRAP GAISE
    Years
  • PokemonGreen30.png

Throw all logic and common sense out the window. FOR WERE PLAYING POKEMON GREEN!

PokemonGreen31.png

I chuckled, but it lost me about talking about PET attacks and ****.

PokemonGreen33.png

Let's do this. TAKE ON ME.

PokemonGreen34.png

Damn Jumping cocoons
    emot-argh.gif

PokemonGreen35.png

What can I say? M*A*S*H is an extremely good person.
    *more damn cocoons later*
    PokemonGreen36.png

Holy ****. That sis so close to the original name! 1+ for you, game!

PokemonGreen37.png

I'd tap a accurate caterpillar.

PokemonGreen38.png

...This game loves shattering my expectations.

PokemonGreen39.png

OF MICE AND MEN 2, THE ELECTRICT MICE.
    PokemonGreen40.png

Yeah,, where out. nothing extremely funny happened. Just me streaming threw the forest. No trainer battles, too.
    Okay, Brock will be up soon. Don't get your hopes up, kiddo.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Keep in mind that a lot of the translations are close to the origanal Japanese ones. For instance, one might chuckle at "Coil" (Magnamite), but that's actually the Japanese name.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Yeah, I played that a month ago, I laughed so hard XD Very poor translation :P

Back