• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angenesis' Sprites

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Okay, here's the deal. I used to sprite a lot, but recently I haven't been doing much at all, so here I am trying to get back into the spriting scene.

To start things off, a small portion of my more recent work:
    WhalekittenFixd.png
    - Skitty/Waillord splice
    Metakou.png
    - Metagross/Raikou
    Monferno.png
    - Monferno/Toxicroak
    Thingie.png
    - Abomasnow Cosplay Trainer. xD;
    IceGrowlithe.png
    - Growlithe type-changed to Ice.

Expect updates and new sprites in the near future. Concrit would be much appreciated.

..PandA.CharadE..

CUPCAKES :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    Okay, so to start off with, the skitty/wailord splice doesn't look right. The tail isn't placed properly. It looks like it's coming out of it's back...Nothing really looks wrong with the metagross/raikou sprite although there's something that bugs me with the right front leg. The shading on the fire looks flat and it's not really easy to tell since you only added fire on the tail and recolored it. Almost all fire types have fire on the tail but overall it looks great. Something looks wrong with the girl's right leg but that's the only thing wrong i guess. The growlithe re-element's tail is too angular but overall it looks great. I'm looking forward to see more of your sprites :3

Years
  • Wacko90! It's SI! Nice to see you here! Well, I like your sprites (as always). I forgot, do I have your MSN? The Metagross / Raikou doesn't look too right, though.
    Try reshading it, and making the legs... appropiately sized. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Wacko90! It's SI! Nice to see you here! Well, I like your sprites (as always). I forgot, do I have your MSN? The Metagross / Raikou doesn't look too right, though.
    Try reshading it, and making the legs... appropiately sized. XD

Ah, good to see you too. (Yes, you have my MSN)

As for the Metagross/Raikou, it's something I just threw together in a matter of minutes just for the sake of doing it, so I know it's not great. xD
    Although I'll probably go back and fix it up at one point.

..PandA.CharadE.. said:
    Okay, so to start off with, the skitty/wailord splice doesn't look right. The tail isn't placed properly. It looks like it's coming out of it's back...Nothing really looks wrong with the metagross/raikou sprite although there's something that bugs me with the right front leg. The shading on the fire looks flat and it's not really easy to tell since you only added fire on the tail and recolored it. Almost all fire types have fire on the tail but overall it looks great. Something looks wrong with the girl's right leg but that's the only thing wrong i guess. The growlithe re-element's tail is too angular but overall it looks great. I'm looking forward to see more of your sprites :3

Thanks for the tips. If I get some free time in the next few days I'll try and fix some of those things up.

UPDATE (of sorts):
    ralts.png

I was looking through my older sprites and found these.

Expect to see some newer things in the next few days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Okay, here's the deal. I used to sprite a lot, but recently I haven't been doing much at all, so here I am trying to get back into the spriting scene.

To start things off, a small portion of my more recent work:
    WhalekittenFixd.png
    - Skitty/Waillord splice
    Metakou.png
    - Metagross/Raikou
    Monferno.png
    - Monferno/Toxicroak
    Thingie.png
    - Abomasnow Cosplay Trainer. xD;
    IceGrowlithe.png
    - Growlithe type-changed to Ice.

Expect updates and new sprites in the near future. Concrit would be much appreciated.

very nice, your transitions are good. however, for an advanced outlook, your monferno,toxicroak has a fire coming from a side that has the darker shade. you might wanna change that. and you might wanna change your growlithe to more than what looks like a recolor with more identifyable changes. but overall, theyre good. but ears on the abomosnow cosplay seem kinda out of place).

Years
  • You know what my concrit entails, Angenesis, so I'll just look at the first one, if you don't mind. xD;

The sprite is, on first glance, a fairly competent example of a difficult splice. You haven't added too much to the base Skitty sprite, but in your defence there aren't too many defining features on Wailord other than its sheer hugeness. However, the tail that you've added isn't exactly perfect. If you try to imagine the splice in your mind, rotating it as you go, you'd see that the tail was off-centre. Because of the way you've shaded the joint it looks like it's attached to the Skitty's side, like a side exhaust on a car. To show the correct way, look at Skitty's stock DPPt sprite:

skittylargeyu1.png

The tail doesn't directly join to the part of the body we can see. Instead it goes behind it, and we see the outline of the side of the body. This makes it look like the tail is positioned at the centre of the body. Try to bear that in mind in the future.

The recolour is competent, and I do like the addition of the grooves that run down Wailord's underbelly. I also think you've reshaded the tail well, though it could have benefited from just a few pixels of a darker blue at the very base. After all, the light source is coming from top left-centre. I've also noticed that the outline on the tail is grey at times, and it's fairly noticeable. It makes the outline look choppy when zoomed out. The shading on the face bugs me a little; it looks a little bland and flat. This was broken up by Skitty's yellow face on the stock sprite, but this is not the case on the splice. I also think that the lightest shade of blue could have been made a little darker, as it sticks out a little. I think I would have preferred for the inside of the ears to be recoloured, but that's the spriter's choice, really.

Finally, I think the eyes are a bit of a cop-out. =/ I can understand that you were going for a little humour, but I would have preferred to see Skitty's original eyes recoloured and replaced into the sprite. Overall, however, a competent splice, with just a few minor errors that one might take for granted and miss.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Thanks for the advice, Erebus, and trust me, it's a big help. In fact, I think I'm going to completely remake that sprite using what you've told me. Well, when I get some spare time, as I've been rather busy lately, so expect that in the next few days. I'll probably also post someething else, which I'll probably throw together in about five minutes. xD

Final Fantasy

High five!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Jack, you know I love your work. I have some of your work on my computer if you want me to upload them I will.

zZRaoto

rawr?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    omg omg omg. Ice Growlthie. It's my favorite one there. 10/10 xd

Back