• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I'm sorry, when did whales become dolphins? I must have missed the memo. Surely this means that ferrets and hamsters are now the same, correct?

No. If you bother to do some research you'll soon find that orcas are a part of the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae family). So killer whales are, in fact, dolphins.

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
  • No. If you bother to do some research you'll soon find that orcas are a part of the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae family). So killer whales are, in fact, dolphins.

But in this case we're not talking technically, I mean, this is Pokémon. We're talking about how Nintendo's demographic classify animals and I'm pretty sure any child you ask will say whales and dolphins are not the same, despite being part of the same classification scientifically.

Years
  • I'm sorry, when did whales become dolphins? I must have missed the memo. Surely this means that ferrets and hamsters are now the same, correct?
    Orcas are not whales.

But in this case we're not talking technically, I mean, this is Pokémon. We're talking about how Nintendo's demographic classify animals and I'm pretty sure any child you ask will say whales and dolphins are not the same, despite being part of the same classification scientifically.

But they're not whales, they're classified as dolphins. There are many animals with misleading names. I suppose that starfish and jellyfish are fish now? Are koala bears, bears too?

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016

But whales and dolphins aren't the same. Orcas are dolphins. Plus, all I did was ask your question: When did dolphins and whales become the same. Never. I don't recall this conversation ever being about the scientific views of children.

(By the way, I've known orcas were dolphins since the third grade. ;))

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Have we had any llamas as of yet? After giraffes and otters (of which I really like Girafarig and have no real emotion towards the Samurott evolutionary line), they're one of my favourite species of animals, and would be nice to see them represented in Poke-form instead of an ice cream or a gear.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • "CARL! THERE IS A DEAD HUMAN IN OUR HOUSE!"

Nope, no llamas yet, for some reason.

I would love a llama pokemon <3 and an alpaca too! I love seeing them at the Easter Show each year XD

About the Gorebyss thing, I think she is like a sword fish or one of the other fish with a sword like mouth. Needle fish I think. And yeah I want like a dolphin shaped dolphin pokemon that Kyogre can feed on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    These would be some good additions; I don't think there are already any of these:

-Woodlouse (Pill bug) - Different from the pill millipedes in Gen 5; I'm thinking more like a Bug/Steel Pokemon that can curl into a ball like a roly-poly.
    -Maggot and housefly - If these things were Pokemon proportions, they would be pretty ugly and creepy, but good additions nonetheless.
    -Wolf or werewolf - I guess the Poochyena line kind of looks like wolves, but they're supposed to be based off of hyenas. I'd like to see a gray wolf or arctic wolf Pokemon. Maybe even a husky or something.
    -Dolphin - I'm surprised there are none of these yet.
    -Tiger - Arcanine's a liger I guess.
    -Chimera - Not a real animal, but it would make an awesome legendary.
    -Pegasus - Again, not real. I like those crazy Roman mythological creatures.

Back