• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    What about a Sponge? Or maybe an Oarfish? Is there a Chicken or a Woodpecker? How a shrimp? They could do a fire coral to finally get a Fire/Water typing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    What about a Sponge? Or maybe an Oarfish? Is there a Chicken or a Woodpecker? How a shrimp? They could do a fire coral to finally get a Fire/Water typing.
    Well like someone above me here said Torchic line for chickens, idk about a woodpecker or a shrimp but I mean, there are a lot of birds who aren't necessarily a defined species, in Pokémon's case, most of the time birds are just birds. And as far as Coral goes, Corsola comes pretty close. And actually Huntail kind of looks like an Oarfish.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • What about a Sponge? Or maybe an Oarfish? Is there a Chicken or a Woodpecker? How a shrimp? They could do a fire coral to finally get a Fire/Water typing.

Anorith is based on an ancient species of shrimp or something close to it, iirc.

Some more interesting animals: Ram, maybe? Husky dog with an ice/normal typing sounds cool. Toucans are very colorful and i think have potential. I mean, they created a pigeon pokemon, but no toucans yet? Toucan Sam ftw. (No offense to pigeon-lovers)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I'd like to see a honeybadger. Too bad honeybadger don't care.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • No matter how many times i hear it, i will not be convinced that kangaskhan is based on a Kangaroo. It seems to me to be based off marsupials in general. Anyway, a more flexible, faster kangaroo sounds like a good idea to me. Fighting or Normal/Fighting sounds like a plausible typing.

Whilst it may not have a pouch I would say that Ampahros looks very much like a kangaroo

130px-181Ampharos.png
    vs
    images

Years
  • I have the best idea
    We'll get a Seal and turn it into a Pokemon called Seel!
    I'm such a genius i should work at Game Freak.

What about a Mexican walking fish?
    Yes, there is a Mexican Walking fish.

Also what on earth is Dunsparce anyway? Is that even an animal?
    It gives me nightmares.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I always try and think of new animals that aren't yet invented in the Pokemon World! I don't think a Dolphin Pokémon has been created yet, am I right? Also a Tiger.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The tiger is a part of a lot of Pokémon though. Arcanine, for example, he clearly has tiger features.

Years
  • A haunt would be cool
    It's a venomous rabid ghost dog

Other ideas:
    Cerberus
    Kiwi
    Dolphin
    Lion
    Tiger
    Loch Ness Monster
    Chimera
    Krakken
    Bunyip
    Wolf
    Headless Chicken- Ghost/Flying
    Panda
    Echidna
    A Non Ninetailed fox(not including vulpix)
    i like this person's ideas! XD (hince the big letters XP) oh and that cockroch idea to (even tho i hate em) i still think it would be really neat ^^||

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Pokemon with a strong base on lions, down to the male/female gender differences.
    Jayster23, Lapras is based on the Loch Ness monster.
    Dolphin is a great idea. As is tiger. Then there's frogs; I know we already have frogs living on/around water, and the poison dart frog, but what about tree frogs? Water/Grass. There's also mythical creatures, like Cerberus (already mentioned) and centaurs. We already got the Hydra from Hydreigon.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Tiger - Arcanine(?)
    Dolphin - Gorebyss
    Cerberus - Houndoom
    Arcanine actually resembles more of a dog to me, however its body is a combination of red fur with black stripes, which is like a tiger. Regardless, Tigers are awesome, i dont care if Game Freak makes a million of 'em, i'll support it. ;)

Speaking of Tigers, we need an ice/normal white (siberian) tiger, and in exchange for the horrible typing, make it godly.

Headless Chicken ftw. Kudos to you, Jayster23.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • I do hope that someones mentioned the Australian Magpie. Maga could be first form, with only it's head and feet sticking out of the egg, for protection. Magpey could be a small Magpie, Like a lark, and Magperick could be a really big Magpie with sharp beak and talons, and 2 Black, 1 White stripes on it's head for boy, and opposite for girl.

Years
  • They should make a cricket Pokemon and call it Jiminy.
    Why i'm not working for Game Freak astounds me.

What about a Great white shark or a Hammerhead?
    A Meerkat even?
    But then again you'd need a Bush pig as well to go with the Meerkat.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    What I would love to see would be a pokemon based off of the Shiba Inu breed of dog.

Back