• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Animation Discussion

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011

I LOVE Venomoth's animations.

It's so much like an actual moth, not staying in one place, fluttering about.

It's definately an up for me for Black and White :D.

Years
    Personally, I think this is about 10 years too late for me to really get excited about animated sprites. They have been an industry standard for more than a decade. :/

That being said, I think that the Gen V pokemon look great when animated. Single sprites on sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia can't do the designs justice. Standouts for me are:
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Zuruggu
    Shimama (I love that its mane changes colors!)
    Dokkora (the way it tosses that log around is awesome)

And that's as far as I've really gotten in the games. I'm only in Laimon City. Can't wait to meet Emonga on the next route!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Animation Discussion

Wow this is just epic, make me love Ram even more!

I'll be glad with anything, I aren't picky and it's hard work making every single Pokemon moves, I'm so giving the maker loads of credits! ^^

Years
    My post would be a mile long if I posted all my favorites.

Animation Discussion

But I really, really like Urgamoth. It seems like it's using its Butterfly Dance move. :3

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Tentacruel looks like a boss.

If anybody has Emonga and would post it here I'd appreciate it. Haha : D

Koh

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I really like the fact that they constantly animate now. It gives them more life. And it doesn't make them seem so stiff.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Emonga is over here.
    Animation Discussion

I like how it gets onto the floor. c:

I remember having its animation sprite as my theme. I love it's animation, and the way it glides low and flows back onto the floor is endearing; thumbs up to GameFreak on Emonga. d("d)

I fond quite a lot of the B/W animations, none of them (that I've seen so far) have bothered me that much. They are fun to watch especially now that they can move during a battle.

Back