• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Adaptations

Years
  • There are an endless amount of popular, and niche manga series that we probably read online or have bought that have us thinking, "I wish there was an anime for this." Disregarding the whole idea that some people believe the original manga is generally better, are there any manga series that you would like to see an anime adaptation for? I shall be back to disclose my choices once I'm satisfied with the amount of studying I've done ;-;

disclaimer: don't believe there's a thread about this recently within this section, but if there is feel free to close it should there already be one.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • Before I say anything, is this limited to manga only? 'mean there's some light novels and visual novels I want an anime adaptation. If not, probably Prunus Girl because of it's humor. Most of the manga I read already had their anime adaptations so my options are limited.

There are some manhwa that I would like to see animated like Noblesse and God of High school.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • ^Are Korean cartoons even a thing? The only ones I know about are those glorious rip offs like Space Black Knight.

None at the moment, but Terra Formars was one of those until an adaptation was announced the other month.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I don't read manga, so there aren't any I'd like to see adapted into anime...however, there are plenty of video games I'd love to see get an anime adaptation. Hyperdimension Neptunia's anime is one of my favourites, and I really enjoyed Sengoku Basara's as well.

I'd love to see a Golden Sun anime, or an adaptation of Disgaea 4...although the Disgaea anime was pretty awful. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin used anime portraits, so that could make a good series...although a dubbed Lords of Shadow anime, with the game's voice actors, would be amazing. Unlikely, but then, I never expected Dante's Inferno or Dead Space to get adaptations, so not beyond the realm of possibilities...

Years
  • Before I say anything, is this limited to manga only? 'mean there's some light novels and visual novels I want an anime adaptation.

Oh, absolutely not! I completely forgot about light and visual novels mainly because I myself don't really read them, but I know there's others who do (:

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • ^Are Korean cartoons even a thing? The only ones I know about are those glorious rip offs like Space Black Knight.

None at the moment, but Terra Formars was one of those until an adaptation was announced the other month.

Quite a few of them are interesting on their own ways actually. Most of the actions are cliche and generic for me.

Oh, absolutely not! I completely forgot about light and visual novels mainly because I myself don't really read them, but I know there's others who do (:

LNs are quite interesting but most of them are more on fan service which is not my taste.

So for LN I want to have an anime adaptation...
    Firstly is the Biblia Koshodou no Juken Tenchou. I'm quite fond of mystery so yeah... I already saw the live action version though. Next is Gekkou and Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. Both are mystery too!

For visual novel... hmm actually there's only 1 yet that I want to see animated and that's Rewrite by Key.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Anime Adaptations

Fate/Apocrypha!

I would kill for an anime adaptation for this light novel series. But it must to be handled by Ufotable! Those guys did such a good job with Fate/Zero, they can easily do Apocrypha justice. Hopefully, they have plans to animate this after Fate/Stay Night (2014).

I want to see Siegfried vs Karna animated so badly D:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Tora Kiss... it's absolutely 100% anime material... but since Gaworare got adaptation, this might soon as well...

I would agree with Rewrite adaptation for... reasons...

And... because there's never enough Mahouka, I would like to see animated spin-off (Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei) which has Miyuki's POV.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
    Years
  • I really want a Witch hunter, Nanatsu no taizai, and Dragons rioting anime adaption! I heard rumors about a taizai anime adaption coming this year but I'm not sure :( I hope it's true! That would make this one of the best years ever! XD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Special.

I honestly wouldn't mind an adaption of something like Girl Friends or Prism. A nice break from all the moe and sexualised yuri, in my opinion.
    Oh, there's also Koe no Katachi. Has the potential for a controversial and heartbreaking anime, I'd say.

Years
  • Hum, only one I can think of is Nightmare of the Funeral March. I've only skimmed several chapters but the concept, characters, and story were really cool.. the chara designs were my favorite part. Would love to see an anime adaptation in the future.

Otherwise I have nothing since anime series are what push me to get into their manga versions to begin with. I never, ever get into the manga first. ; v;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hirunaka no Ryuusei only because I see so many people on tumblr fangirling about it and I am too lazy to read it ~_~ That's all I can think of other than Soul Eater v2.

Years
  • Hirunaka no Ryuusei only because I see so many people on tumblr fangirling about it and I am too lazy to read it ~_~

D: You should read it! There's an abundance of lesser known shoujo manga that I would love to have animated, including Hirunaka no Ryuusei, that list includes: Hibi Chouchou, Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi, Love So Life (this would be absolutely adorable!), and Watashi ni xx Shinasai! are amongst the short list.

Even though Gakuen Alice already has an anime counterpart, I would love to see a continuation of the series considering they've only covered ~5 volumes with the 26 episodes, which doesn't even cover the actual climax of the manga series.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • D: You should read it! There's an abundance of lesser known shoujo manga that I would love to have animated, including Hirunaka no Ryuusei, that list includes: Hibi Chouchou, Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi, Love So Life (this would be absolutely adorable!), and Watashi ni xx Shinasai! are amongst the short list. .

Hibi Chouchou would also be pretty cute! And I read I think half of HNR, and I'm planning to finish it... sometime D; But I think it would be really good animated.

Back