• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

Years
    GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!! My grandparents were nice enough to put a new computer on thier credit card and decied to pay 500 dollars of it so ill be getting a new computer by next month, since i ordered it online so it'll take up to 25 days to be delivered so i'll be having new pics before ya know it!
    YAY!!! gilbertman, believe me. Having a new computer is MUCH better! Before I got this new one, I had to manage with only 9 GB of hard drive space with a lot of that taken up by my music collection. Plus, it was 6 years old and ran slowly! I hated it so much!

Now that I have this new 200 GB hard drive computer, I no longer have to worry about space anymore, nor is it slow! Plus, my music collection's the size of my old computer's hard drive right now! XD

Talk about a lucky break.

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    Hello Gilbertman!!!I'm very glad that you came back with new ideas.In my opinion picture with more details is better and I prefer smaller version.Hope that you will get new computers very fast:POf course I'm waiting for new drawings especially gym leaders from my list and frontier brains like Lucy,Anabel and Tucker.See ya

Stephen109

Famous AMVs/Jenny Fan
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    NEWS!!!!!!!!! My grandparents were nice enough to put a new computer on thier credit card and decied to pay 500 dollars of it so ill be getting a new computer by next month, since i ordered it online so it'll take up to 25 days to be delivered so i'll be having new pics before ya know it!

(Stephen Scare Gilbertman) BOOO, (Gilbertman Srceam)

It October at Halloween

I like Officer Jenny, she wanna be a dress up at Halloween.

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    That is cool that you are getting a new computer you may make a lot of characters. Im hopeing to see Richie Nick Tory and an aproved Sammy. Tke a easy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2007
    I know you said you dread the day when someone asks for Misty and Ash but im not requesting it im just saying that it would be a good idea...I would like to see more Misty pics in the future...rather they have ash in em or not i just like misty! shes cool...good work on the others!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    It's been nearly a month now. I wonder if gilbertman got that new computer of his that he got online.

I can't wait to see the new stuff he'll have when he does return!

*waits*

Yes, actually I did get it about 3 weeks ago and boy howdy is it fast, with my old computer sometimes it would slow down when i used the paint bucket tool when i had to fill big sections of a drawing but now....ahhh its bliss

im sorry i didnt post earlier i was waiting to post till i had something ready to show, which i still dont but im working hard to complete a couple drawings, at this very moment im working a pic of Erika, which is turning out very nicely

Ive also been busy lately recovering all the stuff i lost when my old computer died, including all those refrence pics i had, which is no easy task,
    BUT i will try hard to get those pics up A.S.A.P.

so thanks for ya'll patience

ShinyEspeon

Years
    Hello gilbertman!!!I'm very glad you have new computer and I hope that we will see your new drawings in nearly future:PI can't wait to see Erika in new version,I'm sure that she will look great:PBesides that I would like to see other gym leaders especially Jasmine,Koga and Adan.Good luck and see you soon:)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    OMG! Guess whose back.......again......

Well about time i actually got some new stuff up, so yeah

Been busy lately playing Twillight Princess, which rocks, one of the best games ive played for a loong time, so thats great so anyway to the pics...... if anybody still cares, here we go

Wally:

Celedon Gym Leader Erika:

Blackthorn City Gym Leader Clair:

Tetsuya/Tyson(that was his dub name right?):

and lastly Battle Factory Brain Noland:

well heck ther ya go hope ya'll like, coming soon, i got Lt. Surge, stillgot the RSE Aroma Lady and maybe someone can come up with ideas cuz right now im having trouble who to pick out to do so any input whould be nice

ALSO if anybody cares my original Region's,the Manara Region's League, is finally shaping up ive drawn 6/8 Gym Leader, and drawn 0/4 Elite Four Members but the ones i havent drawn are pretty much developed so i hope to show off some new (and some old) Gilbertman Original character soon

so tell me whats you guys think and how ya'll have been its been a while :)

ShinyEspeon

Years
    Wooow gilbertman!!!Your new drawing look great.THANK you very much for Erika and Clair,they are awesome:PI'm really impressed.Of course I'm still waiting for your originall character,I'm curious how they are looking now:PBesides that I would like to see some gym leaders from my list especially Adan and Jasmine and more frontier brains(Tucker,Lucy or Anabel)Thanks again you're great artist:)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    It's been quite a while since I've visited your art thread.
    Your art looks very nice. However there are some new problems with your eyes, Tetsuya's fingers and.... let's just say Clair isn't easy to draw. Heck even Soara@Pokesho can barely get her right. That's mainly the reason I never upload the drawings I do of her because they almost never come out nice.
    Something I want you to try before you expect a review from me, try flipping the images, then looking for mistakes. That's what I always do now.
    btw, you gotta come see my thread and/or my deviantart account. I have a slight new style that makes a world's difference.
    I will give you some tips right now.
    starting with my favorite character - Clair -
    if you dont do it now, I really suggest that you draw the figure before you draw the outfit and the details, because if you had done that, I'm sure it wouldn't look like Clair's (viewer's) left arm got sewn to her cape thingie.
    ............ gosh I think I'm gonna have to show you the mistakes visually, I'm out of practice.

onto Datsura - you should learn a little about male muscles and where they form, because...... well just because I said so XD and his (viewer's) left foot is too short.

Erika - the wider eye, believe it or not, should be on the (viewer's) left side of her face and the narrower one where the wide one is, and you should do that on Wally too. Her legs are a little too thick but they're ok.

Tetsuya - whoa! It looks like he's wearing his pants on his chest like a geek! XD Well long story short, the waistline of men tends to be lower than the waistline of women. (I feel funny telling this to a male artist)
    Other than that, it's pretty lovely. You do pwnsome art and it's a far cry from even last year.
    Keep on drawin'
    and I'll try to draw out the problems on Clair..... and I'll try not to procrastinate on it....

Oh shoot, I'm procrastinating already! Not a good sign.
    btw, I hope you do Shinji soon..... not that kind of "do" *is slapped* but you know.... the artistic way..... and just incase you haven't heard much about the new DP anime series, Shinji's this hot mofo!
    SPOILERASH'SNEWRIVALSPOILER
    Cya

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Erika and Wally and Noland are AWSOME!! Hey you should try Ash in his new outfit ,Richie , Tory and Sammy. By the way you so gota try to make custom characters. Think it over you might like that idea. You drawings are so tight and just keep getting better and BETTER!!!!! Keep up the Awsome work!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Wooow gilbertman!!!Your new drawing look great.THANK you very much for Erika and Clair,they are awesome:PI'm really impressed.Of course I'm still waiting for your originall character,I'm curious how they are looking now:PBesides that I would like to see some gym leaders from my list especially Adan and Jasmine and more frontier brains(Tucker,Lucy or Anabel)Thanks again you're great artist:)

Thank you!

well im glad someones waiting for my original characters, ive really enjoyed creating them, ive modified some of my favorite original characters, such as(for anyone who might be familiar with my past original characters): Samantha, Brodi, and Krystal, ive also created some sweet new characters like a water gym leader who was born in Altomare........

GM EMD said:
    Hi Gilbertman.
    Nice you're back. Great pics but Erika's eyes are too wide. I hope you didn't forget my wishes: Latoya, Miss Madison and Miss Alexa and The Flower Sisters Rita, Nicole and Natalie.
    \
    thanks
    Erika's eyes were purposly widened, lets just say i used artist descretion, i did it because trying to do the eyes like they did in the old episodes just came out looking crappy, so i changed it ohh well :P

Sunflorazumarill said:
    Maybe you could get to doing a new pic of Trixie.

Also, maybe you could try doing these girls:

https://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eiahula6bf.jpg -Floreia

https://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ezahula6qo.jpg -Flareeza

https://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?i...anahula6aw.jpg -Aquariana

Oh, and for them, make their skirts as low as they are in the pics.

Trixie yes definetly want to draw her again, as for other peoples original characters i try to shy away from those usually but ill keep your in mind

Crystal Clair It's been quite a while since I've visited your art thread.
    Your art looks very nice. However there are some new problems with your eyes, Tetsuya's fingers and.... let's just say Clair isn't easy to draw. Heck even Soara@Pokesho can barely get her right. That's mainly the reason I never upload the drawings I do of her because they almost never come out nice.
    Something I want you to try before you expect a review from me, try flipping the images, then looking for mistakes. That's what I always do now.
    btw, you gotta come see my thread and/or my deviantart account. I have a slight new style that makes a world's difference.
    I will give you some tips right now.
    starting with my favorite character - Clair -
    if you dont do it now, I really suggest that you draw the figure before you draw the outfit and the details, because if you had done that, I'm sure it wouldn't look like Clair's (viewer's) left arm got sewn to her cape thingie.
    ............ gosh I think I'm gonna have to show you the mistakes visually, I'm out of practice.

onto Datsura - you should learn a little about male muscles and where they form, because...... well just because I said so XD and his (viewer's) left foot is too short.

Erika - the wider eye, believe it or not, should be on the (viewer's) left side of her face and the narrower one where the wide one is, and you should do that on Wally too. Her legs are a little too thick but they're ok.

Tetsuya - whoa! It looks like he's wearing his pants on his chest like a geek! XD Well long story short, the waistline of men tends to be lower than the waistline of women. (I feel funny telling this to a male artist)
    Other than that, it's pretty lovely. You do pwnsome art and it's a far cry from even last year.
    Keep on drawin'
    and I'll try to draw out the problems on Clair..... and I'll try not to procrastinate on it....

Oh shoot, I'm procrastinating already! Not a good sign.
    btw, I hope you do Shinji soon..... not that kind of "do" *is slapped* but you know.... the artistic way..... and just incase you haven't heard much about the new DP anime series, Shinji's this hot mofo!
    SPOILERASH'SNEWRIVALSPOILER
    Cya

eeek, so much problems, yeah i expected as much, im kinda rusty when it comes to drawing, hopfully ill teach myself again how to catch my mistakes

yeah i can see most of the mistakes you pointed out, im not worried about fixing em, 'cept maybe Tetsuya and of course gotta fix Clair, but man i agree Clair is so hard to do, shes got a very curvy body buy its defetivly skinny and hard to make look right aiyee, but any ways you can think to make it better id love to hear(or see)

PROCRASTINATOR!!!!......sorry lol

Shinji yes he is pretty sweet, looks like he's going to be a good rival for ash....... "do" him, someone has a dirty mind :P , ohhhhhh riiiight artisically, well i do thank everyone for their comments and please keep em coming!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Wow these are very good! (especially for MSPaint)
    Just keep practicing on their hands and feet, its amazing what youve accomplished, as I despise MSPaint for its oversimplicity XD

Back