• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Lucky Dip #3 [Sign-Ups open through December 25th]

Years
    Anime Lucky Dip

It's your lucky day! Welcome to the third Anime Lucky Dip.

This event works very similarly to the old Anime Contract Challenge, however instead of being partnered, you're putting your entertainment in the hands of RNGesus. When you join the event, you also PM me 2-3 anime titles that will be put into a pool. Each person is then allocated a show to watch by RNG.

There's no obligation to finish the series you watch. The only requirement is to watch a couple of episodes before the event closes at least. Then, at the event's close, create a thread for the series and share your thoughts in there. Sign-ups will last roughly a week, the event then closes on the 1st of January, so there's plenty of time to get a few episodes in at least (although you're welcome to finish your show if you can).

So, how do you join? Easy. You just post saying you want in and then PM me with the shows you want to add to the RNG pool.

Participants

gimmepie

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I am totally in! About to go to my work Christmas party, but I will mail you today with some titles when I am out! ^^

Years
    I'm in! Now that my finals are complete, I have much more leisure time. Besides, I could use a new anime to watch!

Anime Lucky Dip #3 [Sign-Ups open through December 25th]

Years
    Spoiler:

The draw has been done!

gimmepie, Casshern Sins
    Dawn, Shinsekai Yori
    Lucario Bread, Baccano!
    Kitsune, Non Non Biyori
    donavannj, Interviews with Monster Girls
    Mystical Ninetales, Yona of the Dawn

Enjoy, and don't forget to create a discussion thread for the series upon finishing!

Years
    Just throwing out some comments on series pulls here, series I had fun with but personally didn't put into the list (I don't think anyone's actually gotten a series I put in myself in any of the 3 lucky dips so far).

Ooooh, Baccano? As a Durarara!!! fan, I have high hopes for this.

Both dubs are fun, but I found the English dub more fun as it is a story set in 1930s America, so they actually do accents that make sense, where the JP dub skips out on even trying accurate accents.

Thank you!! ^^ I will start it this weekend! I have not seen Non Non Biyori :3 I'm excited!

Enjoy, it's one of my personal favorite series! If you enjoy it, you might have anime tastes similar to mine!

I'd never heard of Casshern Sins before the Lucky Dip. It sounds fairly interesting so I'm hyped to give it a go.

I watched the English dub when it was on Toonami with friends and our meme from it was "DEVOUR CASHEWS". You'll probably see why early on.

pkmin3033

I've watched a few episodes, and I gotta be honest...it's pretty boring. Like, I have definitely seen worse, but the intriguing premise is being bogged down by some extremely boring and tedious characters. They could just do so much more with this than what they have done.

I'm going to give it a couple more episodes, but the probability of me dropping this is high...sorry =x

Years
    Spoiler:

Whoops, we've overshot a little bit!
    Regardless of how far you got, be sure to go post a new thread to discuss the series you got in!

Back