• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Hehe, now I'm writing a song instead of making a video. Of course it's a Pokeship song, but I think even Advanceshippers and Pearlshippers will at least find humor from it.

Hopefully I can find someone to impersonate Ash's voice to sing it for me. ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    I don't know if I should ship Ash/New Girl cuz it doesn't seem like she's going to be in the anime. Unless there just going to change her to be 10.
    No necessarily. She (or he; it could be Black) could easily be the "Brock" (the third wheel)...except the sad thing is, if they give her more exposure as The Brock than Brock ever got, that's just not fair. >.> The writers intentionally did nothing with the poor guy; if the new third wheel (whoever they may be, if Brock doesn't return) gets what Brock has damn well earned...eh. I will scream. *doesn't think Brock deserves the crap he's gotten*

Ick, White and Ash haven't even met, why are they making shipping names now? It's what made Barry/Kenny get such a bad name, because people didn't bother to wait for them to actually meet >_> Pingpongshipping is so much better than the original. Why are people so obsessed with giving names to ships in this fandom? I actually don't understand. But whatever, I'll look at the suggestions anyway. ...And the thread was made before it was announced she isn't in the first 3 episodes >_> Nom.
    =P If you don't care about the names, which name is better shouldn't concern you, now should it?

Word of God says it's being named now so everyone knows what it will be, and there won't be fights later on (like there was with Fortuneshipping and Pearlshipping...scary days, those were).

That, and if they /never/ meet, naming it now = no foul.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hehe, now I'm writing a song instead of making a video. Of course it's a Pokeship song, but I think even Advanceshippers and Pearlshippers will at least find humor from it.

Hopefully I can find someone to impersonate Ash's voice to sing it for me. ;)

I don't care about Pokeshipping as much as before, so I wanna try cause I'm bored this week.. I'll audition for this part, but my voice may be a bit too deep XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks, although I didn't intend for auditions just yet... I'm leaving on Sunday for five weeks straight. I'll still have my laptop/internet access, just no ability to record the song.

The writing of the music and lyrics is complete, though. I may have enough time tomorrow to get you the beta version of the song and the lyrics (my singing isn't great, but I can at least match pitch fairly well). My drum set is currently put away, so I will use a keyboard to emulate drums... shouldn't be too hard. After I get back from my travels, I'll re-record and make a better version. That should give people plenty of time if they want to sing. :)

Do you have experience in Ash impersonation?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I HAD experience, but I think I can hand a middle register still. His upper register kills me nowadays ;_;

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Like the "WhaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" screams? Haha! No, none of those (so far).

Can you sing with Ash's voice? And no, it wouldn't be too high. :) I was worried about it being slightly on the low side for Ash, actually, but maybe it'll be fine.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I know I can sing pitch perfect with practice enough. But I don't have a good voice >_<' I tend to struggle even with the tenor register sometimes. But I can try to train myself.

Would you like it Pre-SOVA or Past-SOVA?

Jalsy

RESET
    Years
    Spoiler:

Bleh. I'm gonna go eat something and listen to heavy metal music.

I hope mIsty returns,for real
    *touching*..

I think Misty is the best girl for Ash, but if she's not there then there's no point thinking he should be involved with anyone.

I really like MIsty as the best female lead,and I hope she really returns, (no offense I'm just saying what I really feel!?)
    and it's to see and ship with other new characters,o/0

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    No necessarily. She (or he; it could be Black) could easily be the "Brock" (the third wheel)...except the sad thing is, if they give her more exposure as The Brock than Brock ever got, that's just not fair. >.> The writers intentionally did nothing with the poor guy; if the new third wheel (whoever they may be, if Brock doesn't return) gets what Brock has damn well earned...eh. I will scream. *doesn't think Brock deserves the crap he's gotten*

HAHA Its true Even Brock began to notice in the movies that he was getting left behind a lot and stuffXD If they make the girl different than Brock and have her be in contests that'd be cool by me :) I'd probaly still ship them :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Would you like it Pre-SOVA or Past-SOVA?

Uh, huh? (Sorry, still new to the Poke lingo)

EDIT: Bleh. Also have Father's Day stuff because I'm going to be on the road tomorrow, so I can't finish even a rough version of the song. I'll just let this idea sit on the shelf for 5 weeks then.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh wow, AK47, I'd *love* to hear you sing! XD I'd love to hear anyone here sing, actually XD You *must* post it here when you're done, regardless of whether either of you think it's good XD It'd be hilarious, you singing a love to Misty XDD Makes me want to sing...the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song...*was just watching it*...XDDDDD

=P If you don't care about the names, which name is better shouldn't concern you, now should it?

Word of God says it's being named now so everyone knows what it will be, and there won't be fights later on (like there was with Fortuneshipping and Pearlshipping...scary days, those were).

That, and if they /never/ meet, naming it now = no foul.

Ohh uhh...XD Well, since it's an inevitability, I like my opinion to be known on the matter regardless XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Ohh uhh...XD Well, since it's an inevitability, I like my opinion to be known on the matter regardless XD
    XD *lol* Duly noted. ^^

Either way, there seems to be an impending theme in the naming for this series: a gaming theme. Black/girl is Chess, Ash/girl will likely be Othello, and the discussion of Ash/Black seems to be all card-related.

I kind of think that's clever. And cute.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No. Here in PC Ash/4Chan is now Capshipping. Screw the Bulbapeople >:D

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    =P You didn't think of it first, man. Those Bulbapeople will probably put a cap in you, for trying. It's not even the popular choice.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well then, I'm going to have to force all of you to make it the popular opinion under penalty of my big-scary-dangerous-but-harmless Hammer.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    I am VERY pleased about the new Japanese title :DDDDDDDDD Too obvious who's going to win, but it shall make Barry's fanboyishness go up, I shall be happy ~

Whoa wait what? Could you please explain? I thought I was pretty up to date on information but this sounds like something I don't know and something I don't want to miss.

Chessshipping is a great name. I think some Ash/Black or Ash/White shipping should be called Vesuviusshipping or StHelensshipping... you know, like how volcanic ash is white or black *cane pulls offstage*

I think Advanced should sing a song as Ash and Jorah should sing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme and you should both post them and then I will remix them

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, it's just the announcing of one of the league battles, it's going to be Paul vs Barry. But it makes me happy anyway :D

Ahhhhhh D: I just finished the RS arc for Pokemon Special...I loved it so much...and I need somewhere to complain but also somewhere where it'll be ignored so I can say what I like about it. I finished off 3 volumes throughout the last 2 nights XD

Spoiler:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
    Oh, it's just the announcing of one of the league battles, it's going to be Paul vs Barry. But it makes me happy anyway :D

Ahhhhhh D: I just finished the RS arc for Pokemon Special...I loved it so much...and I need somewhere to complain but also somewhere where it'll be ignored so I can say what I like about it. I finished off 3 volumes throughout the last 2 nights XD

Spoiler:
    Lol, the shipping between Ruby and Sapphire is called FranticShipping and don't worry, you still have the Emerald arc left.

Why be mad at Celebi? Don't you remember that Ruby received Celebi back in Johto? IT probably traveled from the future knowing Ruby will be involved in the Hoenn crisis and decided to accompany him.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I know, I was just annoyed at how they changed it so it seemed as though nothing had actually happened. They just couldn't let the characters stay dead >_> When stuff like that happens, I can't help thinking the authors/writers want to give the *illusion* that something's more "mature", perhaps to the older audience, to make them feel better about what they're reading, or to make it *seem* more realistic, (yeah, I think in a world with huge fighting monsters, there's going to be a few deaths) but then they decide that it would be "too much", and back out and make it a happy ending instead. I just hate it when something sad happens and they twist it to make it all happy in the end, so it was all really pointless. To me, it has always seemed a less extreme version of "it was all a dream".

What I really hated was how you never knew Ruby had Celebi, so it was like they gave him a random extra power out of nowhere (is "deux ex machina" the right phrase here?). If they had introduced or integrated Celebi into the plot somehow earlier, it would've seemed less a cop out and less completely random, but Ruby never even mentioned he had came across a mysterious Pokemon before, so it made it seem as though the writers wanted a quick fix for the "problem" of dead characters.

I only liked the short explanation of "it knew what was going to happen in the future so it joined Ruby", so at least they gave it some sort of story as to why it was there...

...Er yeah, stuff like that annoys me. XD I did actually really enjoy it, I just seem to enjoy complaining about things I enjoy XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Oh good I didn't miss anything.

Jorah said:

Told you'd like it. I especially like Ruby's "change of heart" ;)

Spoiler:

I know, I was just annoyed at how they changed it so it seemed as though nothing had actually happened. They just couldn't let the characters stay dead >_> When stuff like that happens, I can't help thinking the authors/writers want to give the *illusion* that something's more "mature", perhaps to the older audience, to make them feel better about what they're reading, or to make it *seem* more realistic, (yeah, I think in a world with huge fighting monsters, there's going to be a few deaths) but then they decide that it would be "too much", and back out and make it a happy ending instead. I just hate it when something sad happens and they twist it to make it all happy in the end, so it was all really pointless. To me, it has always seemed a less extreme version of "it was all a dream".

I guess they thought it was too extreme for a manga such as this and made it turn out to be a happy ending. Besides, who wants Norman and Steven dead, anyway? ;) Don't worry, they don't do this all the time (the anime would, but certainly NOT the manga). You'll see in the future that the manga writers don't do this.

What I really hated was how you never knew Ruby had Celebi, so it was like they gave him a random extra power out of nowhere (is "deux ex machina" the right phrase here?). If they had introduced or integrated Celebi into the plot somehow earlier, it would've seemed less a cop out and less completely random, but Ruby never even mentioned he had came across a mysterious Pokemon before, so it made it seem as though the writers wanted a quick fix for the "problem" of dead characters.

I agree, it would've been a DEM by definition. I felt that too, why and where did Celebi come from. They should've given us more backstory on this. Usually the writers are consistent with this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back