• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    For those three gym leader dudes? I thought they were brothers!

Uh oh... *Imagines most WRONG thing ever*
    This is why this thread is going down hill! xD

Anyone support LoveShipping? For those who don't know it's Baby Mewtwo and AmberTwo!
    [Anime] Shipping Debates

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh goodness. I leave you kids alone to talk about N and Rule 34 creeps into your minds. You people have no sense >__>

Who the hell is AmberTwo?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    People obviously gave the implication of Rule 34 in their minds, not necessarily just on N.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    umm just asking why is there only one shipping thread? would it be easier to having a shipping board where people can post threads for an individual ship?

just asking

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm glad you sir brought that up. Actually, individual Shippings clubs belong in the Pokemon Clubs Section, if you're read the first post of this thread >__< Not like there's much shipping activity there. All the shipping madness has always been compressed in this little traditional thread since the dawn of Pokeshipping vs Advanceshipping. This is the second generation, and if you read the first post, you'll find a link to the old thread. As well as the fact that Manga discussion don't go here, but in the Manga Shipping debates right next door to your basement to your left.

As for our own personal little board, the H-Staff will probably join and post a video of them doing the Macarena before adding one >__>

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's not that, they just like to play Battleship and Chess with the members a lot. Better worth trusting them really >__>

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nope, Iris's share of Rule 34 was a three week delay. Check TVTropes if you don't believe me!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Actually, I'm sure some of the first fanart I saw of Iris on Pixiv was Rule 34, and that was quite early. I remember because I was looking specifically for fanart of her and was getting annoyed at what I was finding (this was back when there were only 3 pages of her). Fffffff, you should've given the direct link!! I've just lost myself on TV tropes for the past 10 minutes without noticing...TV Tropes is wrong on that case. Unfortunately.

What are you two on about? Rule 34 and N has existed since he first appeared. Just like everyone else!

XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Running Gag?

Spoiler:

And damn, was the episode shippy. Iris saving Ash and then standing on top of a Pile of Meguroko. Awesomecakes I say, awesomecakes.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I'd say todays episode had tons of Negaishipping hints...

Spoiler:

I really can't wait for episode four :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Saving isn't a hint. Just for the record. o.o If you don't attempt to save a stranger, you're an ass. You don't attempt to rescue a friend, you're worse than an ass.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Right, so you save the person, have both of you stand on top of a tower of Meguroko in glory, and fall down then look at each other in gratitude instead of a "ZOMFG Thank you!" Isn't a shipping hint?

>__> I probably should join my school debate club.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
    When hasn't a rescue scene been used as a shippy hint? I can think of an instance from several shippings (The scene from the Dialga and Palkia movie for Pearlshipping, when Ash saved May from the Donphan for Advance, Jessie saving James from falling down the trap hole in "Training Daze")

Even though it's common courtesy to save another person when their life is in danger, the act itself is pretty sweet and it looks visually appealing (i.e. one could manipulate it in an AMV to make it look shippy).

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    I wish what i tell will came true

Dawn will confess her love to ash even for drew and may.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

When hasn't a rescue scene been used as a shippy hint? I can think of an instance from several shippings (The scene from the Dialga and Palkia movie for Pearlshipping, when Ash saved May from the Donphan for Advance, Jessie saving James from falling down the trap hole in "Training Daze")

Even though it's common courtesy to save another person when their life is in danger, the act itself is pretty sweet and it looks visually appealing (i.e. one could manipulate it in an AMV to make it look shippy).

I don't think it's that the (Pokemon) writers use it as a shipping hint, just that shippers will take anything as a hint, but especially rescues scenes as you explained ^ Also, I like your avatar :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back