• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ha what? No, man, chill. I knew I was friends with Advancemapper and I knew Advancemapper now went by a different name but for some reason I thought it was you. No offense, but I don't remember much conversation between Advancemapper in the first place, so it was a name mix-up, not a personality mix-up. Hahaha.

Soooooo after seeing the recent dub "For the Love of Meowth"... I kinda never want Ash to be with any girl. I don't want him to grow up haha. Namely because of:

Dawn: Meowth's got it bad.
    Ash: Got what bad?
    Dawn: Just forget it Ash.

His obliviousness is too funny when they actually play it up and it's not assumed. XD

LOL That's one of the best things about his character, he just doesn't understand those things. Ovbiously his mom never had that talk with her son before he left, either Brock or Dento really should, oh boy Dento would have a feild day with that one LOL. The only way Ash would get it, is if the girl just tolled him, like Macey of Jhoto, even than he freaked out about it LOL. Maybe he's good with Pokemon, if Majumaru turns out to be female they'd be perfect LOL. Now I don't think Dawn lost her charm later, course that's me, I know others feel the same, some don't. Iris could loose the arguing part of her charcater, course we are already at episode six and so far that hasn't happened, guess will wait and see.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I find Iris just most likely to give Ash the birds and the bees. It's not too hard to imagine that situation with their strange personalities.

Of course, maybe it'd be Dento doing the honors if Ash's obliviousness becomes a problem. I honestly don't like it when a guy is that oblivious for so long >__> it may be funny, but it gets pretty sad if it gets to the point were... for example:

There is a girl sophomore in my school that doesn't understand the concept of sex and male desires for the female body. We don't want to get there because the sadness of that situation outweighs the comedic effect.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I'm wondering how long, how long will the writers torture us with this foolishness. You'd think that after 12 years they'd get a move on with main character development.

What if Dento took up on this, because Brock either failed to do it or didn't care.

There is a girl sophomore in my school that doesn't understand the concept of sex and male desires for the female body. We don't want to get there because the sadness of that situation outweighs the comedic effect.

That's mean, but there's a time for everything. ;)

MP-40

Former MissingoResearcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I find Iris just most likely to give Ash the birds and the bees. It's not too hard to imagine that situation with their strange personalities.

Of course, maybe it'd be Dento doing the honors if Ash's obliviousness becomes a problem. I honestly don't like it when a guy is that oblivious for so long >__> it may be funny, but it gets pretty sad if it gets to the point were... for example:

It looks like someone needs the talk.
    btw I can't help to say this, but what day is Glee on?:embarrass
    I'm wondering how long, how long will the writers torture us with this foolishness. You'd think that after 12 years they'd get a move on with main character development.

What if Dento took up on this, because Brock either failed to do it or didn't care.

That's mean, but there's a time for everything. ;)

Dude, you do realize this show is for kids right?
    I'm sure Pokecom Company/PUSA/whatever really focuses on giving it more.....mature content.

LOL That's one of the best things about his character, he just doesn't understand those things. Ovbiously his mom never had that talk with her son before he left, either Brock or Dento really should, oh boy Dento would have a feild day with that one LOL. The only way Ash would get it, is if the girl just tolled him, like Macey of Jhoto, even than he freaked out about it LOL. Maybe he's good with Pokemon, if Majumaru turns out to be female they'd be perfect LOL. Now I don't think Dawn lost her charm later, course that's me, I know others feel the same, some don't. Iris could loose the arguing part of her charcater, course we are already at episode six and so far that hasn't happened, guess will wait and see.
    Who's Majumaru?
    That's a lot of LOLs.
    People need to realize PUSA knows proving a main shipping canon would cause much turmoil in the shipping community.
    (Anything but yaoi shippings, PokeShipping,etc...)

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    It looks like someone needs the talk.
    btw I can't help to say this, but what day is Glee on?:embarrass

I'm sure Pokecom Company/PUSA/whatever really focuses on giving it more.....mature content.

Hahah I can just imagine the title in Ash's voice, "The Delibirds and the Combees!" I know, I know, wrong generation.

By the way, Tuesday nights. XP

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ooorr, they can just Harry Potter Pokemon. Which was just pairing up Harry Potter with a random girl character and making them married in an Prologue and live happily ever after. No ifs, ands, or buts, just end the goddamn series with her. In Pokemon's case, end Pokemon completely by pairing up Ash with the last girl. Heck, maybe they'll actually roll a dice to decide which girl >__> End of Pokemon. Deal with it, no complaints. If you shipped the mortal nemesis of the ship that became cannon then you can't complain :).

Shipping isn't usually fair anyways if it does end up happening. For example, nobody got Winry in the first series of Full Metal Alchemist, but Ed did in the second series, as well as Al ending up with a Chinese girl half her age at the time of the events. Which wasn't exactly creepy because my dad is 15 years older than my mom so I'm used to the generational wide differences. And of course, there's Harry Potter and the 99% of the shipping base who complained about wanting him with Hermione.

Or maybe just end Ash's chapter in Pokemon. I'm sorta getting tired of him not aging, even though I acknowledge it will be very hard to replace Ash. I can honestly see his time ending in this generation. And maybe we'll see him grown up with Iris as a happily married couple making a cameo with the next trainer's era.

Whatever happens, I'll probably still be a guilty pleasure Pokemon fan until I have kids.... because at that point I have an excuse to be an active Pokemon fan. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Perhaps she's asexual.

Hahah I can just imagine the title in Ash's voice, "The Delibirds and the Combees!" I know, I know, wrong generation.

That would seem like an amusing episode XD I find Ash's obliviousness cute, as well

Ooorr, they can just Harry Potter Pokemon. Which was just pairing up Harry Potter with a random girl character and making them married in an Prologue and live happily ever after.

Someone sounds bitter Harry/Hermione didn't happen...

And of course, there's Harry Potter and the 99% of the shipping base who complained about wanting him with Hermione.

...What? Where did you get your figures?? A Harry/Hermione shipping forum?? Or maybe you only watch the films -_- Wow, I didn't know you could do this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    If she does tell him, she going to tell him incorrectly what it's all about. It'll be about seeds and poles and planting and she won't know what half of it means. Because that seems more like her character, considering she gets off on calling Ash a child (meaning she'd a child in her own right, and she knows it, but she's trying to pass herself off as someone who knows more than he does, but really doesn't).

MP-40

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Ooorr, they can just Harry Potter Pokemon. Which was just pairing up Harry Potter with a random girl character and making them married in an Prologue and live happily ever after. No ifs, ands, or buts, just end the goddamn series with her. In Pokemon's case, end Pokemon completely by pairing up Ash with the last girl. Heck, maybe they'll actually roll a dice to decide which girl >__> End of Pokemon. Deal with it, no complaints. If you shipped the mortal nemesis of the ship that became cannon then you can't complain :).

Shipping isn't usually fair anyways if it does end up happening. For example, nobody got Winry in the first series of Full Metal Alchemist, but Ed did in the second series, as well as Al ending up with a Chinese girl half her age at the time of the events. Which wasn't exactly creepy because my dad is 15 years older than my mom so I'm used to the generational wide differences. And of course, there's Harry Potter and the 99% of the shipping base who complained about wanting him with Hermione.

Or maybe just end Ash's chapter in Pokemon. I'm sorta getting tired of him not aging, even though I acknowledge it will be very hard to replace Ash. I can honestly see his time ending in this generation. And maybe we'll see him grown up with Iris as a happily married couple making a cameo with the next trainer's era.

Whatever happens, I'll probably still be a guilty pleasure Pokemon fan until I have kids.... because at that point I have an excuse to be an active Pokemon fan. XD
    Ah I prefer HarryXGinny anyways.
    I never have seen the movies. <_<
    When there's no Chinese pirated version, Jun here gets sad. :(

Many series give a rather open situation in case people get upset.
    In Japan, I'm sure they take anime/manga important.

btw offtopic, what is your opinion on piracy?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    MP-40 said:

You don't need to tell me that. I don't know how long you've been watching the anime, but I've watched it long enough to have the patience this anime delivers. At one point I think okay, it's time to get a move on here.

AdvancedK47 said:
    Ooorr, they can just Harry Potter Pokemon. Which was just pairing up Harry Potter with a random girl character and making them married in an Prologue and live happily ever after. No ifs, ands, or buts, just end the goddamn series with her.

You just, in a pinch, incorrectly and improperly labeled a series that had no intention of such as the prime focus. There was no need to drag that in here.

Jorah said:

AK, you better not tell me that she's right... *shifty eyes*

...What? Where did you get your figures?? A Harry/Hermione shipping forum?? Or maybe you only watch the films -_- W

Oh here we go.. *facepalm, grabs a bottle of [insert favorite alcohol here]*

After Ash's encounter with Combees, he runs around, screaming "Aaah, aaah, not the bees, not the BEES!!" (Cookies for whoever gets this reference*

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If she does tell him, she going to tell him incorrectly what it's all about. It'll be about seeds and poles and planting and she won't know what half of it means. Because that seems more like her character, considering she gets off on calling Ash a child (meaning she'd a child in her own right, and she knows it, but she's trying to pass herself off as someone who knows more than he does, but really doesn't).

Whoops, we don't want to get anyone pregnant now >__>

Perhaps she's asexual.
    Never thought of that...

Well...

...What? Where did you get your figures?? A Harry/Hermione shipping forum?? Or maybe you only watch the films -_- Wow, I didn't know you could do this.

I know, it's so cool. My favorite way for quick spoilers. And right, I only remember the films, but I did read 6.5 of 7 books when I was in like 5th-6th grade

It's OK to be a pirate to Adobe. Other than that, you should be executed.

You just, in a pinch, incorrectly and improperly labeled a series that had no intention of such as the prime focus. There was no need to drag that in here.
    Yes there was, Shipping is Serious Business >__>
    AK, you better not tell me that she's right... *shifty eyes*
    I won't tell you. I'll just imply it.
    Oh here we go.. *facepalm, grabs a bottle of [insert favorite alcohol here]*
    I prefer Coca-Cola
    After Ash's encounter with Combees, he runs around, screaming "Aaah, aaah, not the bees, not the BEES!!" (Cookies for whoever gets this reference*

...I don't get it.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Ooorr, they can just Harry Potter Pokemon. Which was just pairing up Harry Potter with a random girl character and making them married in an Prologue and live happily ever after.

Hahaha. If by "random girl character" you mean "female who's been pining after him since Book II and who had a complicated but loving relationship with him in the latter books in the series" then yeah maybe you've got a point. I am also amused by your 99% statistic, mainly because you chose one so high and therefore less believable. And I think you meant Epilogue. But anyway.

I can see Ash being paired with the last remaining girl if they do an epilogue for Pokemon, but that kinda weirds me out just thinking about it. One time I heard something that implied Isshu might be the last region-- does that mean they have an end in sight for the series? Or am I wrong on both accounts?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I don't think Isshu's going to be the last region? The 3DS is coming out next year, you can bet they'll make a Pokemon game for that

Nice try, FBI.

I put the bees thing into Google, and I got some nice Bee Removal Facts. Apparently, jumping into water while African Honeybees (killer bees) are chasing you is a bad idea because the bees will wait for you. Whoa, that's scary! This is why I live in England.

Never thought of that...

Don't take my word for it, some people are crazily oblivious and live in their own world o.O

I know, it's so cool. My favorite way for quick spoilers.

I'm going to do this from now on :D.

And right, I only remember the films, but I did read 6.5 of 7 books when I was in like 5th-6th grade

That is why you ship Harry/Hermione >_>

MP-40

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I don't think Isshu's going to be the last region? The 3DS is coming out next year, you can bet they'll make a Pokemon game for that

Nice try, FBI.

I put the bees thing into Google, and I got some nice Bee Removal Facts. Apparently, jumping into water while African Honeybees (killer bees) are chasing you is a bad idea because the bees will wait for you. Whoa, that's scary! This is why I live in England.

I'm going to do this from now on :D.

That is why you ship Harry/Hermione >_>

Well, while Nintendo milks money from Pokemon, there's such a thing as thing as enough. Back in the old day, the Pokedex challenge (Gotta catch em' all) was manageable (151). As new game went on, they dropped the catchphrase due to the evergrowing number. People can only remember so many Pokemon.

Hey, I'm legibility asking opinion. Chinese does not equal pirate (but then agian, we DO invent all the DS flashcarts...). COLOURS!

This IS fun..

What bases do we have for HarryxGinny. They just stuck her with him in the sixth book.
    Hahaha. If by "random girl character" you mean "female who's been pining after him since Book II and who had a complicated but loving relationship with him in the latter books in the series" then yeah maybe you've got a point. I am also amused by your 99% statistic, mainly because you chose one so high and therefore less believable. And I think you meant Epilogue. But anyway.

I can see Ash being paired with the last remaining girl if they do an epilogue for Pokemon, but that kinda weirds me out just thinking about it. One time I heard something that implied Isshu might be the last region-- does that mean they have an end in sight for the series? Or am I wrong on both accounts?
    ....so? *cries into a corner*

Ash will never be in a canon shipping. However, it is damn funny trying to pair him.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I

Who's Majumaru?
    That's a lot of LOLs.
    People need to realize PUSA knows proving a main shipping canon would cause much turmoil in the shipping community.
    (Anything but yaoi shippings, PokeShipping,etc...)

Mijamaru? Sorry if I spelt his name wrong at that point, he's the water Pokemon, Ash just caught, that I feel would be cute with Ash. I don't care if its a lot of LOL's I put them in when I feel I need to bahaha. If, whenever Ash's journey does end I don't think its a good idea for Ash to end up with any one, just toss in a son or a daughter, people can speculate who he ends up with that way. I agree with you, it'd be insane if they had Ash get together with some one. Though, I don't think Ash's journey will ever end, till the games stop making money and they said in an interview as long as they make money, the anime will keep going and Ash will always be the main character.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    AdvancedK47 said:
    Whoops, we don't want to get anyone pregnant now >__>

Wait, Iris is pregnant? Holy s**t, when did that happen?

It's OK to be a pirate to Adobe. Other than that, you should be executed.

Hey, Apple gets no love?

Yes there was, Shipping is Serious Business >__>

Because some people made it serious business. Leaving teenager angst and UST aside. ;)

I won't tell you. I'll just imply it.

:o Oh my God you're gonna give me a heart attack. Tell me the great AdvancedK47 didn't ship an unthinkable ship. It's like supporting Advancedshipping (or Pokeshipping). I'm dead serious.

...I don't get it.

Hint: written by Stephen King.

Shedinjareese said:
    If by "random girl character" you mean "female who's been pining after him since Book II and who had a complicated but loving relationship with him in the latter books in the series" then yeah maybe you've got a point

*blinks* Who? Hey AK47, you didn't use the epilogue as your base, did you?

Or am I wrong on both accounts?

You're wrong, I'm wrong, everyone's wrong. It's all up to Nintendo where they should axe this tree.

Jorah said:
    The 3DS is coming out next year, you can bet they'll make a Pokemon game for that

*cough*Pokemon Gray*cough*R/S remakes*cough*

Nice try, FBI.

Frozen Banana Ice-cream---shipping? Hey, is this one taken? Or did I just make one up?

Apparently, jumping into water while African Honeybees (killer bees) are chasing you is a bad idea because the bees will wait for you. Whoa, that's scary! This is why I live in England.

Right, because England is the safest place from encountering bees *rolls eyes* Wrong on both accounts, no[/n] that's not the answer I was looking for. ><

MP-40 said:
    People can only remember so many Pokemon.

That's correct. But what does the franchise care. Older people won't remember much, but the younger ones will.

What bases do we have for HarryxGinny. They just stuck her with him in the sixth book

*sniffs*

Guys, how are you doing that "hidden font for real" thing?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, while Nintendo milks money from Pokemon, there's such a thing as thing as enough. Back in the old day, the Pokedex challenge (Gotta catch em' all) was manageable (151). As new game went on, they dropped the catchphrase due to the evergrowing number. People can only remember so many Pokemon.

"Gotta catch 'em all" wasn't ever used in Japan, it was made up by America, so I'm not sure that can be used as an "actual" reason

Am I the only one who thinks it would be absolutely ridiculous if they did decide to make an RS remake? What could they possibly add to RS that would make it worthwhile? And then a DP remake 4 years later?? o.O

Frozen Banana Ice-cream---shipping? Hey, is this one taken? Or did I just make one up?

Nice try, Frozen Banana Ice-cream. It sounds like a shipping name to go with Barry if it hasn't already been made up, but it also sounds like it could be some sort of method for cockblocking.

Right, because England is the safest place from encountering bees *rolls eyes* Wrong on both accounts, no[/n] that's not the answer I was looking for. ><

Killer bees, and all those poisonous insects and snakes. I know because I've been stung by a bee or wasp once :( My dad thought I was doing a dance...XD I've always been scared of them, I always run away or out of the room XD

Guys, how are you doing that "hidden font for real" thing?

Like this: [*color=transparent]wooooo transparent[/*color] take out the *

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    "Gotta catch 'em all" wasn't ever used in Japan, it was made up by America, so I'm not sure that can be used as an "actual" reason

And it was for marketing reasons too.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be absolutely ridiculous if they did decide to make an RS remake? What could they possibly add to RS that would make it worthwhile? And then a DP remake 4 years later?? o.O

You sort of answered that with your 3DS question. It's about the 3D. I don't really know about DP though since what it offered was fresh. I'd expect another Kanto remake after R/S.

Nice try, Frozen Banana Ice-cream. It sounds like a shipping name to go with Barry if it hasn't already been made up, but it also sounds like it could be some sort of method for cockblocking.

Like Ash and Paul. Or Paul and Barry. Or Barry and Kenny. Or Kenny and--

Killer bees, and all those poisonous insects and snakes. I know because I've been stung by a bee or wasp once :( My dad thought I was doing a dance...XD I've always been scared of them, I always run away or out of the room XD

SJ logic trumps again: Who would want to be in an area full of killer bees?

This is teh s**t.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    You sort of answered that with your 3DS question. It's about the 3D. I don't really know about DP though since what it offered was fresh. I'd expect another Kanto remake after R/S.

Oh yeah...Hoenn in 3D. At least they can't kill the music anymore, since Hoenn's music was weird, goofy trumpet music in the first place.

Like Ash and Paul. Or Paul and Barry. Or Barry and Kenny. Or Kenny and--

Hmm, it seems to fit Paul and Barry best. It fits really well, actually. Ash and Paul, sort of, as well.

SJ logic trumps again: Who would want to be in an area full of killer bees?

What is SJ logic? You...? Well, anyway, I would think that people wouldn't know where they are in the first place, and there is the reason they have to escape.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wait, Iris is pregnant? Holy s**t, when did that happen?
    The question is, why did it happen? :)
    Because some people made it serious business. Leaving teenager angst and UST aside. ;)
    Right, I wasn't the first one, some random Poke/Rocketshipper did it and now it's all over your internets.
    :o Oh my God you're gonna give me a heart attack. Tell me the great AdvancedK47 didn't ship an unthinkable ship. It's like supporting Advancedshipping (or Pokeshipping). I'm dead serious.
    Unfortunately, even the greatest of Greek Titans have flaws.
    Hint: written by Stephen King.
    Not interested anymore...
    *blinks* Who? Hey AK47, you didn't use the epilogue as your base, did you?
    I don't know anymore.
    You're wrong, I'm wrong, everyone's wrong. It's all up to Nintendo where they should axe this tree.
    I'm never wrong... outside of shipping. >__>
    As much as an RS remake would be something I'd LOVE, let's not talk about it the next two years >__>
    Congratulations, you made something up from the gender blender.

Maybe it is?
    That's correct. But what does the franchise care. Older people won't remember much, but the younger ones will.
    Well, until they find out Pokemon existed before 2005.

Oh yeah...Hoenn in 3D. At least they can't kill the music anymore, since Hoenn's music was weird, goofy trumpet music in the first place.
    Shut up >__> I loved Hoenn's music and story. That game was the best I played in my childhood.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back