• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You can't ship Dento with anyone because he is a Leprechaun that cooks. I would ship Dento and his food. Onegashimasushipping... i think that's how you spell it? >__> You never ship Leprechauns with Mexicans either.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    AdvancedK47 said:
    Soo... for example. I'm a Negaishipper. Ruby doesn't agree with me because he is an altoshipper. So our ships conflict through Ash.

It's not that I don't agree with you. I'm not exactly an Altoshipper in the first place, I merely like it. I do support Contestshipping, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    You can't ship Dento with anyone because he is a Leprechaun that cooks.
    You better hold to that opinion in the coming years.

It's also one I don't share. Ash always seems more compatible with his guy friends over his girlfriends, and Dento's no exception. ...But I kinda do hope Dento's got a vague rival-person in the wings (who would probably be a chick).

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    -comes out of hiding-

lol, I only like Dento as an individual. So really, I don't really have much interest to ship him with anyone else... * v * Besides, he's a little creepy sometimes. Too creepy to ship.
    -aims gun at all Dento-related ships and shoots them down- eue

-goes back in hiding-

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Awe come on, what's so scarry about Dento? He just possibly may like boys over girls, the horror >>
    The only Dento ship I like is AshxDento I don't really think you can ship this guy with a girl, he'd likely freak out if you did :paranoid:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Frostik said:
    Ash always seems more compatible with his guy friends over his girlfriends, and Dento's no exception.

*snorts* If that's the only thing he's got right. Don't forget he can't even understand the difference between male and female Pokemon. So he'd probably not know why he's more compatible with male characters than female characters.

Did we see anything new with Dento this latest episode? I didn't quite get what was going on...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    *snorts* If that's the only thing he's got right. Don't forget he can't even understand the difference between male and female Pokemon. So he'd probably not know why he's more compatible with male characters than female characters.

Did we see anything new with Dento this latest episode? I didn't quite get what was going on...
    Awe come on, what's so scarry about Dento? He just possibly may like boys over girls, the horror >>
    The only Dento ship I like is AshxDento I don't really think you can ship this guy with a girl, he'd likely freak out if you did :paranoid:
    -comes out of hiding-

lol, I only like Dento as an individual. So really, I don't really have much interest to ship him with anyone else... * v * Besides, he's a little creepy sometimes. Too creepy to ship.
    -aims gun at all Dento-related ships and shoots them down- eue

-goes back in hiding-

To be honest guys, Ash and Dent's never gonna happen. Dento's a hardcore Negaishipper xD Anyone notice when he commented on how how much Ash and Iris were alike (when they were eating) and he gave them cute looks.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

To be honest guys, Ash and Dent's never gonna happen. Dento's a hardcore Negaishipper xD Anyone notice when he commented on how how much Ash and Iris were alike (when they were eating) and he gave them cute looks.

Agh really? >__> So much Negaishipping slapping me in the face but I don't notice because I don't know Japanese! >__<

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Sounds more like he wants them both, then, and can't decide which one he'd choose (over simply having them both; threesome, what).

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Sounds more like he wants them both, then, and can't decide which one he'd choose (over simply having them both; threesome, what).

lol yeah that's what it sounded like to me with Dento giving the two "cute looks". He wants to get in the action, it seems. Interesting dynamic indeed. :S

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh god >__> Ok when people usually think in the shipping fandom in the world of '3', it gets way out of hand... Your theories are acceptable for Ash/Dento/Iris, but... there' really no other connotation for '3' in shipping other than the detailed one... >_<

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    AK47, I love your avatar so much because it really seems to fit with a lot of posts you make XD

Eh, I actually don't like the idea of this threesome. I like Ash/Iris and Ash/Dento, but Ash/Dento/Iris...Dento and Iris don't speak to each other too much, Dento either fanboys Ash, or fanboys Ash/Iris shipping, not the two people. It's just Dento and Iris together that I dislike too much for me to like this :<

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    AK47, I love your avatar so much because it really seems to fit with a lot of posts you make XD

Eh, I actually don't like the idea of this threesome. I like Ash/Iris and Ash/Dento, but Ash/Dento/Iris...Dento and Iris don't speak to each other too much, Dento either fanboys Ash, or fanboys Ash/Iris shipping, not the two people. It's just Dento and Iris together that I dislike too much for me to like this :<

Well I guess this avatar is one I'll be sticking around with~

Umm wait, so you'r implying that you wouldn't support this threesome because of Dento/Iris, but you would support any other threesome that fits? >__>

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Cool! I've been called out! 8D

Oh god >__> Ok when people usually think in the shipping fandom in the world of '3', it gets way out of hand... Your theories are acceptable for Ash/Dento/Iris, but... there' really no other connotation for '3' in shipping other than the detailed one... >_<
    It's called fandom; it's not like Negai or CafeMocha are going to transpire anyway. Sure, you can argue "Negai has a better chance because it's not a gay 'ship (which is true)" but that's sugarcoating a lie. They have equal chance in canon, and that's 0.

Now I say this (and people will argue..or "debate" over this) because for all the big ships that have "hints" and "evidence", they have amounted to nothing, one-sided at best, delusional at worst, and they're allowed to support what they want, how they want, where they want. Any 'ship that's meant to be would happen by the end of the episode, the end of the movie (in terms of minor characters overall), or the end of that journey (because it's part of the plot!). Which hasn't happened involving Ash yet, and it won't suddenly begin with this group. That much is obvious.

So with that aside, if I want to throw around a threesome, I shouldn't be criticized, because most, of not all of you, are 'shipping equally unlikely 'ships. :B Just because yours has a chance in theory doesn't mean it stands up in reality. It's all fiction. You're supposed to enjoy fiction.

Now, the way Jorah worded it, that's perfectly fine! That's actually looking into the couple by who's in it and breaking it down from there...and not how many just happen to be included. =P So, bully on your part. Threesomes are /fun/ in fiction (it would certainly shut up Team Edward vs Team Jacob).

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Agh wait did I offend you? >__> I was just saying that most of the fandom always thinks about the "wrong" part when thinking about serious threesomes. And it's simply too hard to think about that maturely. Theoretically, those things have 0 chance while most other shippings have a chance so infinitesimally small that it makes my school's Calculus teacher squirm.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    "Infinitesimally" still means "seriously less than 1"...still making it 0, when rounded. Like I said, likely in theory, not at all in practice. Because in this show, in particular, there's no such thing as chance: it either happens or it doesn't. Negai's only "got a chance" because it's a boy and a girl. They said (and still say) the same about Pearl, ADV, and Poke. The hope of going back remains ever present, and that's cool to have. But in the meantime, there "no chance" when it comes to Ash. Either "it is" or "it isn't".

And the only thing I'm offended by is the size of your signature (it's way too big, dude). :B Of course we think the "wrong" thing when it comes to threesomes and moresomes. It's either cute and wibbly fanart omgit'ssocute, OR it's sex on text. There's no domestic middle ground.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This title makes me wonder if Hiiro has learnt the hard way about something. . .

Agreeing with Frostik, essentially, all ships with the main characters chances are 0.

Umm wait, so you'r implying that you wouldn't support this threesome because of Dento/Iris, but you would support any other threesome that fits? >__>

I actually don't know any threesome I support, so, uh, don't worry? o.O. I'm usually indifferent to different sorts of ships until it gets down to the *actual* people included, but I don't really find any threesomes cute or attractive, not to mention it's extremely hard to find three whole people that seem to work together. Two is hard enough.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Jorah said:
    .Dento and Iris don't speak to each other too much, Dento either fanboys Ash, or fanboys Ash/Iris shipping, not the two people. It's just Dento and Iris together that I dislike too much for me to like this :<

Oh? What do you have against Iris and Dento? If it's anyone who don't speak to other too much, it's Brock & Dawn. They barely spoke compared to Brock & May (I think they detested one another). Besides, Dento & Iris are gym leaders. People seem to forget that. Wait until later episodes come along. There's more to than just meets the eye.

Frostik said:
    Threesomes are /fun/ in fiction (it would certainly shut up Team Edward vs Team Jacob).

NO. Absolutely no Twilight on this thread. I'd put up a resolution just to have that banned. :/

Frostik said:
    "Infinitesimally" still means "seriously less than 1"...still making it 0, when rounded.

Depends if you round up or down.

And the only thing I'm offended by is the size of your signature (it's way too big, dude).

I agree, it's making my browser stutter everytime I'm scrolling through the page. Probably need to tone it down a bit.

OR it's sex on text.

Sexting?

Jorah said:
    I actually don't know any threesome I support, so, uh, don't worry? o.O. I'm usually indifferent to different sorts of ships until it gets down to the *actual* people included, but I don't really find any threesomes cute or attractive, not to mention it's extremely hard to find three whole people that seem to work together. Two is hard enough.

*snorts* Don't lie. You told me all about those YGO fanarts that I didn't need to know in graphic detail. And I know you're gonna ask me "when?" so don't bother. *rolls eyes*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back