• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I thought CoTD girls were generic…otherwise why was Misty chosen as a main character.

I don't get why they jumped to Giovanni out of the blue, and not concentrate on, you know…

My own idea ~ Tsundere characters can be fun to watch and can have an easy/obvious character development path of becoming warmer, so it makes them seem more complex. Might be why it's so popular

Makes me think that this might be TR's last series...but I can see this just as easily coming to nothing *sigh*

I'm so excited for this new Team Rocket dynamic! I hope it comes across in the dub. I'm not always thrilled with the TR voice acting so I hope that'll be alright. I'm also pretty siked for this coming dub episode about TR. Several of you have already seen it I'm sure-- did you like it?

Yeah, I can see the dub still making them say all the puns/rhymes that they seem to like TR doing. But from what TR are doing, then it should be still obvious that they've became a little more serious

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ok guys todays episode had a lot of Ash/Dento shipping in it and Negaishipping. So even if your not a Yaoi shipper I'm sure you saw the vibes in it some where, well at least from Dento'sXD

Spoiler:

Now for Negaishipping..

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    I like the idea of pairing Dento's brothers and Mistys sisters, but I'm a Dento/Ash shipper so lets match Daisey with some one else shall we?

I'm the queen of Scotland and your arguments are invalid , lolz i'm just kidding xD

What is the problem of Dent having two girls pairings? (sorry i couldn't resist)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'd find this week's episode a tad more Negaishippy if I understood what the hell was being said >__>

Advancedk47 what betrayal? I said all along I was an AshxIris shipper and AshxDento shipper.

The AK47 pirates don't pair Ash with the guy. XP

Ohhhh for some reason I thought AK was Advancemapper haha. Now all makes sense.

I want to freaking scream at you. This WHOLE time you thought I was the account advancemapper?! This whole time you thought I was someone else!? That is ridiculous! I can't believe you would... >__> Blasphemious hypomortal nincompoop!

What EXACTLY is a Tsundere character? <3

Misty is the epitome of one. You can also say that other twin from Lucky Star was more Tsundere, but Misty is THE tsundere of anime. May and Dawn are the epitome ofa Type B tsundere. Iris also proves to be a Type B tsundere, but Misty was rather a borderline A/B

MP-40

Former MissingoResearcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I'd find this week's episode a tad more Negaishippy if I understood what the hell was being said >__>

I want to freaking scream at you. This WHOLE time you thought I was the account advancemapper?! This whole time you thought I was someone else!? That is ridiculous! I can't believe you would... >__> Blasphemious hypomortal nincompoop!

Misty is the epitome of one. You can also say that other twin from Lucky Star was more Tsundere, but Misty is THE tsundere of anime. May and Dawn are the epitome ofa Type B tsundere. Iris also proves to be a Type B tsundere, but Misty was rather a borderline A/B
    Haven't you seen eps with subs?

Sure, Mr.AutodeskMaya guy. *cough*Blender*cough*
    oh which reminds me, i should probably format my /dev/sda5.
    El PIRATE.

WTF Sheja? (btw I got a new nickname for you; i um... forgot to spell your name.

Ah ok.
    EDIT: I wikipedia'd it before. I had to study circa 6 hours for exams anyways. (ASIAN PARENTS)
    Awe come on, you gotta admit they had some pretty Yaoi scenes the past two episodesXD

True.
    Then again, I try to disclose any mention of Yaoi in my mind, so I didn't really pay attention.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want to freaking scream at you. This WHOLE time you thought I was the account advancemapper?! This whole time you thought I was someone else!? That is ridiculous! I can't believe you would... >__> Blasphemious hypomortal nincompoop!

Something about Misty... (that'd be a good title for a comic episode. XD)

I lol'd at your mini rant. :D I couldn't help myself. (I added the part in bold.)

I think Iris and Ash look cute together. I like how all the Pokemon like Ash more. haha Maybe she'll just have dragon types??

I'm both a Pokeshipper and a Negaishipper now. C:

Is anyone a Brock/Dento shipper? They might make a good couple. They can both cook. Toss Meowth in the mix, and they'll cook up a storm!

Brock/Dento shipping: Their heated romance will turn everyone's ovens on!

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • ...NO. JUST NO. ;AAAAAAA; -pours brain bleach on herself-

This episode is just so sugary. Ash/Dento is kind of funny in this episode lol, and Ash/Iris was just plain cute.

Anyway I should go back to work on NaNoWriMo now... -lurks off-

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I lol'd at your mini rant. :D I couldn't help myself. (I added the part in bold.)

I think Iris and Ash look cute together. I like how all the Pokemon like Ash more. haha Maybe she'll just have dragon types??

Is anyone a Brock/Dento shipper? They might make a good couple. They can both cook. Toss Meowth in the mix, and they'll cook up a storm!

Wow, never thought of Brock/Dento I'd have to wait till they meet some day I'm sure they will. Course than again, I just don't ship Brock with any one, cuz I can't seem to take him seriously. The only character I may possibly have liked him with was that girl at the Tag Team tournament, what was her name? Been a while, so I forget. Negaishipping is cute, makes me wonder if shey'll be teasing Ash the entire series. I'd LOL If she wanted the grass one and it went to Ash tooXD That'd a bit off topic though.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Fabulous

Not Fabulous You still got some BB Azumi?

Haven't you seen eps with subs?

Those take a while, at least in the black market I visit anyways.

Awe come on, you gotta admit they had some pretty Yaoi scenes the past two episodesXD

In case you haven't noticed the almost 5 freaking years I've been here, I'm not into Yaoi >__>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    My own idea ~ Tsundere characters can be fun to watch and can have an easy/obvious character development path of becoming warmer, so it makes them seem more complex. Might be why it's so popular

Too many of them and it starts to get boring.

Makes me think that this might be TR's last series...but I can see this just as easily coming to nothing *sigh*

It's TR's last series when it's Ash's last series.

Liked the Dento scenes with Ash; Iris believes Ash doesn't have a chance battling against her. Therefore, typical banter.

What's the difference between a Type A tsundere and a Type B? Is it like blood type? I'm a type O, I think.

I don't think Dento can cook yet...though he's the epitome of "You got served!" that we got from Jun in the last series.

Pearlshipper4Life said:
    The only character I may possibly have liked him with was that girl at the Tag Team tournament, what was her name? Been a while, so I forget.

The Holly episodes were really nice, I thought it had some potential. Writers do love screwing with us.

lol, watch the Iris & Ash teasing drop by mid-series. Just like how Dawn's "eccentricity" in the beginning just died out.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • ... may I join the discussion again? :\

I'm sorry for being absent and I'm still not quite sure if anyone remembers me here, but I'm slowly starting to turn into a Negaishipper, because we got many hints in only 6 episodes. Now I'm both Pearlshipper and a bit of a Negaishipper so don't you dare to insult Iris or Dawn! :)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ... may I join the discussion again? :\

Don't ask such a stupid ridiculous question. We're very desperate for activity >:|

I'm sorry for being absent and I'm still not quite sure if anyone remembers me here, but I'm slowly starting to turn into a Negaishipper, because we got many hints in only 6 episodes. Now I'm both Pearlshipper and a bit of a Negaishipper so don't you dare to insult Iris or Dawn! :)

So many people have turned into little clones of me~ <3 Except I'm more Negaishipping and Iris Fanboyness... oh well. It's so nice to have Negaishipping be popular. Now, about my Negaishipping club...

One phrase: That's what she said.

lol, watch the Iris & Ash teasing drop by mid-series. Just like how Dawn's "eccentricity" in the beginning just died out.

Good job you sick dividing by 0, 128MB, piece of ATI Radeon fan. You jynxed it.

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011

the only thing i could see was the beginning of a good friendship, I watched the episodes subbbed, so i can't see yaoi scenes (even though love between boys isn't called yaoi, shonen ai but). So i'll continue with AniShipping (Dent/Daisy).

i respect your opinion and you are free to have it your way, but...
    I can only accept this shipping if Ash is the uke, lol, Dent is my "he diva"

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016

Eh? I don't know, Iris has been teasing Ash up to even his first gym battle that's a lot. Some fans would disagree with you about what you said on Dawn, so careful there :cool:

edit;

Also I respect people's opinions on Yaoi, I think I just found that rest raunt part last weeks episode a bit Yaoish, I'm going to call it that for now cuz I'm used to that LOL. Episode Five is up in subtitles already? Ooh *Goes to check*

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, I didn't know subs were being made for BW at all.

Ohhhh for some reason I thought AK was Advancemapper haha. Now all makes sense.

Didn't see this before, but I actually laughed when I did XD Oh dear

You are a lone pirate?

o_______________________________________________________________O

That's why I said Misty was a generic tsundere character and I preferred Iris >_>

What's the difference between a Type A tsundere and a Type B? Is it like blood type? I'm a type O, I think.

Type A = Misty, Jessie

Type B (alias Type Dere or sweet): These Tsundere have deredere as their default mood. They are sweet, kind and generous, but just happen to have a hidden violent side as well. In this case, her temper is almost always triggered by someone or something else, usually the male Love Interest. (An example is Kagome Higurashi from Inu Yasha). Either they have Belligerent Sexual Tension, or he is an idiot or an Accidental Pervert, or she just has no idea how to handle feelings of love and attraction and thus is sweet to everyone except the man she's interested in. Unwanted suitors such as Dogged Nice Guys or Jerkasses might also trigger the tsuntsun. Very often the male Love Interest will be very frustrated, as everybody else keeps telling him how soft-hearted the Tsundere is, and wonders how they can possibly be describing the same girl. This may lead to an Informed Attribute if we never actually see the sweet side as default, since the Tsundere and her irritant are always together on screen. In non-romantic scenarios this character is likely to be the disciplinarian and organizer, (though not necessarily the leader). A Type B Tsundere is often subjected to Adaptation Decay, Character Exaggeration and Flanderization, turning her into a Type A.

I think Jessilina is an example of a Type B? Or maybe she's just crazy, I can't remember and I can't think of another Type B in Pokemon.

Oh yeah, tsundere comes from two words: tsuntsun and deredere. Type A is dominant tsun, type B is dominant dere. (Oh, TV Tropes).

MP-40

Former MissingoResearcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Oh yeah, me = MissingnoResearcher.
    I just use this as a troll/forgot password account.

Don't ask such a stupid ridiculous question. We're very desperate for activity >:|

So many people have turned into little clones of me~ <3 Except I'm more Negaishipping and Iris Fanboyness... oh well. It's so nice to have Negaishipping be popular. Now, about my Negaishipping club...

o rly?

btw where is that club? I'd like to join it.

Use this olden version: "And that's all she wrote."

Hey at least it's not a AMD64 Turion fan?
    Eh? I don't know, Iris has been teasing Ash up to even his first gym battle that's a lot. Some fans would disagree with you about what you said on Dawn, so careful there :cool:
    Yeah, the creators really bumped up the level of "new girl teasing" this time.
    Wow, I didn't know subs were being made for BW at all.

Oh yeah, tsundere comes from two words: tsuntsun and deredere. Type A is dominant tsun, type B is dominant dere. (Oh, TV Tropes).
    Oh yeah, of course. Just in Chinese. :D

The More you know (TM).

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:

:D What's undefined? Just saying by experience, it's happened in the past, so it could happen again. And how did you know my old laptop used an ATI Radeon card? You're off by the size.

Is it? Hmm, I was afraid Misty would turn out like that. :(

PearlShipper4Life said:
    Some fans would disagree with you about what you said on Dawn, so careful there

Well I think she did. She became quite boring by mid-series (boring as in, the same-same character). She stopped with her little remarks she used to give when we first met her. Writers found it was easy to tone that down a bit.

Jorah said:
    That's why I said Misty was a generic tsundere character and I preferred Iris >_>

Don't jump to conclusions. Misty =/= many Mistys we've seen before. Seriously why do you play with my words? Pick on someone else for once. Unlike you, I haven't seen a dozen other Mistys.

How do you people come up with these Type A, B things...did it come from TVTropes or something?

-_-

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • I want to freaking scream at you. This WHOLE time you thought I was the account advancemapper?! This whole time you thought I was someone else!? That is ridiculous! I can't believe you would... >__> Blasphemious hypomortal nincompoop!

Ha what? No, man, chill. I knew I was friends with Advancemapper and I knew Advancemapper now went by a different name but for some reason I thought it was you. No offense, but I don't remember much conversation between Advancemapper in the first place, so it was a name mix-up, not a personality mix-up. Hahaha.

Soooooo after seeing the recent dub "For the Love of Meowth"... I kinda never want Ash to be with any girl. I don't want him to grow up haha. Namely because of:

Dawn: Meowth's got it bad.
    Ash: Got what bad?
    Dawn: Just forget it Ash.

His obliviousness is too funny when they actually play it up and it's not assumed. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back