• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers and Manga Readers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • I haven't answered this topic yet? Wow.

What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?
    Manga:
    Back when manga sites were still up for me, I use to read them as they come out if they're ongoing, but now that they're blocked by my ISP, I normally wait it out a bit since the only manga site that I managed to find that isn't unblocked doesn't have a good update schedule.

So now it's either through tankobon releases (which will take a very long time to reach the last point I was on) or opening that irregular-schedule manga site.

Anime:
    It depends. If it's already completed, I normally marathon it. If it's still airing, I watch them weekly.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Signup:
    Username: «Chuckles»
    Favorite anime(s): Dragon Ball, Akira, JoJo, Mobile Suit Gundam
    Favorite manga(s): Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, Akira, JoJo, Dragon Quest Dai no something or other
    Answer a topic:
    ~How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
    I watch Anime twice a week, I hoard everything up and watch in one go twice a week or once depending on how much I've got.
    I read Manga daily, I read either that or right now im into the Transformers IDW comics so im getting my hands on them
    ~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga? Anime is Slice of Life, Sports, Seinen, Mecha
    manga is Shounen (a lot of good shounens never make it into Anime and it seems from my perspective most new shounen suck), Seinen, Mecha
    ~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
    Son Goku or Char Aznable
    ~What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?
    Watch as they come out. You can never understand a characters death if you binge watch it. You think about these characters every week they grow on you mentally and when they die its all gone, you have to deal with it for a week with everything so shocking. Manga however a death is over time, a death can happen over 5 or so chapters and it gives you time to think about it and wonder what will happen because "he's gonna survive I know" "she won't be leaving I know" but then bamm!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • ~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
    A though one but i was eager to write this. My favorite one is properbly Naruto these days. The reason is he never give up no matter what. I love his personality his will to fight ! His incredible chakra and his stamina. I love that guy since my childhood. He is my idol anime character these days after Son Goku. BELIEVE IT !

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • Username: J2a1m1i2e
    Favorite anime(s): Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, Log Horizon and Agame Ga Kill
    Answer a topic ALL THE TOPICS:

~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
    I normally binge on anime, I'll be bored one evening and I'll just think 'Maybe I'll watch an episode of [insert anime name here]?' and one episode becomes two, then three, then on and on xP Unfortunately, I don't read manga that often, though I'm thinking of opening up my Crunchyroll Manga app and pick something random... (Also, my tablet has no Flash Player, so I have to use the Crunchyroll app, which has less anime available than the main website.)

~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
    Hmm, probably Adventure/Action or Yaoi. I'm thinking of getting into the magical girl genre, what with me being a Moon Princess In Training and all xP

~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
    Currently, it has to be tie between three, as I'm very indecisive ;P, Akame and Butal from Agame Ga Kill and Makoto from Free! <3

~What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?
    I usually wait and binge, but not on purpose. I'll often forget about when a new episode/chapter will come out, so hen I look again, there may be a handful of episodes/chapters for me to binge on, or if it is an anime that I binge on for to long, I'll have to take a break as I begin to lose interest, and then I eventually come back again and binge some more (Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Log Horizon some prime examples of this...). In fact, the only time I've sat down and binged through a whole series was with OHSHO...

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Username: Paskalso
    Favorite Anime's: Log Horizon, Angel Beats, Another
    Favorite manga of all time: Cage of Eden
    Current topic answer:
    What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out? With both manga and anime, I read them as they come out, and in my free time in between updates, I try new anime/manga's or start reading and watching finished ones

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • ~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
    I'm sure you can tell from my theme... Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist and Grell Sutcliffe from Kuro****suji.

I like Roy becaue... well, FIRE! x3 and I like how snarky he gets, and the fact that he's always willing to protect the ones he loves no matter what. x3
    Why do I like Grell? The heck if I know.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Username: West
    Favorite anime(s): Highschool DxD, Infinite Stratos, Black Bullet, No Game No Life, Date A Live and Bakuman..
    Answer a topic:

Hmm, Action, Supernatural, Harem and Ecchi maybe...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Username: bluemanga

Favorite anime(s): DB+DBZ, Naruto, Berserk, Guyver, Clannad

It's gotta be action! (or anything mech related, though admittedly I do like a bit of romance as well lol)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Signup:
    Username: PikaEeveeChu
    Favorite anime(s): Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Pokemon (of course)
    Answer a topic: What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
    Shounen. I just love it, and all my favourites seem to fall into that category.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • *mod post*

Hey there guys! I understand some of you are eager to start discussing anime and manga in this club, but I tried contacting the owner of said club a few weeks ago but to no avail he hasn't responded. So more likely he may have lost interest. I'm willing to give you, the club members a chance to take over this club. If you guys are interested in taking over, you are more than welcome to do so by sending me a private message (please, no visitor messages), and we'll talk about potential transfer of ownership. I'm going to give you guys 72 hours from the date of this post to decide. If no one is interested, then unfortunately I'm gonna have to close down this club. A club cannot be run if there is no active owner, nor active discussion.

Thanks!

~Denny Hamlin

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This club now has a new owner! I'd like to thank PikaEeveeChu for contacting me first to take over. She told me she'll renew the club with a fresh thread as soon as possible, so stay tooned for the new link here, OR check the FC&G Approval/Denial thread for an update. Closing this now!

Locked.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back