• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    How did you start watching anime? Hmm...it was Saturday morning and I was changing channels, and I seen Pokemon. Watched a few episodes and was hooked. Then Digimon, Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Tenchi...came. And the rest was history. Started watch in Feb 1999.

You started before me ;_; JK

I was like 25 or 26 when I got into anime ^^;;;;

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    You started before me ;_; JK

I was like 25 or 26 when I got into anime ^^;;;;

Oh wow! That is so cool! I started when I was 18. And it hasn't slowed down since now I am in my late 20's. XD I bet when I in my 40s I will still love anime.

Oh I just thought another topic question.

Will you still watch anime when you are old?

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Oh wow! That is so cool! I started when I was 18. And it hasn't slowed down since now I am in my late 20's. XD I bet when I in my 40s I will still love anime.

Oh I just thought another topic question.

Yes! And I am not old yet damn it! XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I started with Pokemon when I was 12, but only saw a few episodes. I never watched another one until I was 19 years old. I watched all of the first season on YouTube, and soon decided to start watching other anime. I chose six to start with: Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sailor Moon, Shaman King, & Inuyasha. They were all favourites of friends, and I figured I would like them. I was right on every count, and am now up to date on four of them. =D

And yes, I shall be an otaku for the rest of my life. Whenever I start liking something, it is literally impossible for me to stop. Take Pokemon, for example: it wasn't so popular until DP came out, but I never stopped playing since Red & Blue appeared on the market. Likewise, anime is here to stay. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    How did you start watching anime?
    Samurai Pizza Cats was the first anime that I saw, but I think Dragon Ball Z was the first that I saw and knew was an anime. So I guess that would be what got me into other anime.

Lately I haven't been watching too much anime, J-Drama and tokusatsu has taken my interest, but I've slowly been getting back into the anime world, so yeah, I see myself being into it for a long while.

Years
    Question time!!!!!

How did you start watching anime?
    For me, this is a two part answer. One official answer, one unofficial answer.

Unofficial:
    Back in 1993 or so, my brother had this big collection of Robotech comics from the 1980's. After reading them, I was fully hooked and he even had some tapes of the show when it aired back in 1985. At that time, I didn't know Robotech was Anime. I thought it was an American cartoon.

Official:
    I was over at a friend's house and we watched Akira. After that, I was now hooked on Anime.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    New Question:

Fave voice actors/actresses:

Romi Poku! I know her voice so well that if I watch a new anime I know it is her instantly XD Like I am watching Shion No Ou & she is voicing one of the boys =3

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Welcome to the club, Kila. and Hinamori_Momo! =D

Fave voice actors/actresses: I am going to only post about a few.

Japanese

Takeuchi, Junko(Naruto[Naruto])
    Yamaguchi, Kappei(Ranma[Ranma 1/2], Inuyasha[Inuyasha], L[Death Note])
    Romi Poku(Edward[FMA], Temari[Naruto], Toushirou[Bleach])
    Mitsuishi, Kotono(Usagi Tuskino[Sailor Moon], Excel[Excel Saga], Kagura[Fruits Basket])

English

Flanagan, Maile(Naruto[Naruto])
    Mignogna, Vic(Edward[FMA], Dark[DNAngel])
    Lowenthal,Yuri(Sasuke[Naruto])

And that is all I am going to list. I love a lot more voice actors/actresses, but I will be here all day listing them. =P

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Fave voice actors/actresses:
    Japanese: Kenichi Suzumura, Toshihiko Seki, Kouji Yusa, Houchuu Outsuka
    English: Johnny Yong Bosch, Vic Mignogna, Monica Rial, Quinton Flynn, Crispin Freeman

It's only been in the last year or so that I've really gotten into being a fan of the various VA and seiyuu.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I guess the question was easier for me since I only have one.

Have you ever had an anime-related dream?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Have you ever had an anime-related dream? Hah, I had plenty. Mostly about my favorite anime characters doing things that real people do. XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years

The only one I recall was a Pokemon one & it was because Pokemon was on the TV while I was asleep so what they were saying on the show got mixed with my dream ...it was odd but I cannot recall the details....too long ago.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Wow, that is cool! I had a few dreams that dealt with Pokemon, but mostly with the characters. ^^

Oh I didn't get to answer my own question a page back...

Yes I will! Even if I am 50 years old, I will still watch it. If it is still popular in Japan that is, during that time. I don't want it to end. But as long there a lot fans watching anime...then it is here to stay. :3

Years

Hell yeah I will! I'm going to watch anime no matter what.

Too many times. A few of them hafta do with characters in the wrong show like having Ichigo from BLEACH end up in Pokemon dressed up like Ash and Pikachu being in BLEACH as a substitute soul reaper with spiky orange hair (Ichigo).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kay, guess I'll toss a question in.

Do you prefer OVA series which have longer episodes, higher production values, but are shorter than full length series or full length series that can run more than a year and tell the original story in less of a rush or get more of it to the screen but can fall victim to things like bad animation and really bad filler?

Back