• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Awesome example, I know I will think of some in another time. And I always wanted to check out Karin. =D

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    That reminds me, I need to watch that too. I have all the episodes sitting in the laptop. :P

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Have you been to an anime convention?
    Well I went to one called Minicon here in my city but its so small I don't think it really counts. I really want to go to Akon.

"As a child, Shion Ishiwatari's parents were murdered in their own home. Shion escaped unharmed, yet the trauma caused her to lose her voice. The only evidence police found was a shougi board and one piece "the King". Neighbours and close friends of the family, Shinji and Sachiko Yasuoka, adopted Shion and taught Shion how to play shougi. As the years passed, she became known as a genius and quite a famous player. Now, as her fame rises, her past resurfaces and she discovers that being a professional shogi player may just lead to finding her parents' killer. "

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Have you been to an anime convention?
    I'd like to go to one, but I don't really like how everyone cosplays. I would like to see all the stuff though.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • If you were in Japan, would you go to the studio of your favorite anime? And while you there, what would you do? Oh, I have no idea, XD. I'd probably be kicked out for disturbing the peace, most likely. ^_^

If you could make an anime what might it be about?

Lucy said:
    I know for one thing it will have romance in it, lol. All the way through! Two best friends who are a boy and a girl go to school and eventually they fall in love. But there are people are trying to stop them. But the two best friends won't listen to them, and they fight for the freedom and happiness together. <3 Well...that is the scope of it. I know it is done many of times. But I love it.

Hehe, yeah I know what you mean. Well in mine, they ended up dropping out of school because they couldn't take the pressure of being separated. So they ending up getting real jobs and making a living. And eventually they get married. And I think one of them goes back to school. ^^

And that would my anime. I could think if a comedy one or supernatural one...but the romance one stick out more. XDD
    I'd definitely watch that one. Sounds like my kind of thing. ^_^

Hmmm, if I was to make one myself, I might try to base it off something untraditional. For example, the Animorphs book series. If that were an anime I'd finally be able to put a Sci-Fi anime in my top 10. ^_^

Have you noticed this about anime? Opposite things....conflicts for instance in "Umisho" The main character teaches people to swim but he himself is afraid of water and does not swim. Sasuke comes to mind. He wants to be powerful enough to defeat his brother, but he is doing exactly what is needed to become less power(ie breaking away from his friends and family, and following Orichimaru).

Have you been to an anime convention? Nope, I never have. Unless this thread counts. XD

Recommend an anime:

Shaman King

The manga starts with Manta Oyamada, a studious middle-school student in Tokyo , attempting a shortcut to get home after a late night of cram school. The shortcut comes in the form of a cemetery. It is here that Manta meets another boy named Yoh Asakura (who happens to be a shaman), but is frightened to discover that Yoh is surrounded by ghosts (it is at this moment that Manta learns that he can see ghosts). Ultimately, Yoh and Manta become best friends, and, over the next few months, Manta learns about the life of a shaman.

Yoh soon encounters Tao Ren, with whom he battles. Anna Kyoyama, Yoh's fiancée, soon enters the picture and prescribes a brutal training regimen, in order to prepare Yoh for the upcoming Shaman Tournament. The tournament is held once every 500 years and is a battle between competing shaman to choose a winner, who will be known as the Shaman King. This winner will gain the ability to reshape the world as he or she chooses, to make his or her dream come true. Thus begins the plot that will lead Yoh on a journey that will lead him to many friends and adventures.

^^ happens to be the least known of my favourite anime.

And now for a weird question of my own:

If you could be transported into one anime universe, which would it be and why?

I'd go to the FMA universe, because heh, it's my favourite. I am currently studying physics, and getting annoyed by it. I'd like to study alchemy for a change, as it looks more interesting.

But of course, I'll also need to meet Ed. Could learn a lot from the boy. I'd consider calling him a midget, just so I could sweatdrop from his reaction! =D

Though ironically, none of the FMA girls ever appealed to me. So no comment in that department. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Have you been to an anime convention? Yes I have. But it was a small one. Not that big like Akon...but at least I had a con where I live! A rule of thumb, when going to a convention bring a lot of money! I only brought in about $120...that wasn't enough. XD So many things that they have, and I couldn't get most of it. ;o;

I am thinking about going to Akon someday...I am not so sure.

Wow, I like the way you think Alakazam17! ^_^ I seen some of Shaman King, unfortunately 4Kids Tv didn't continue it. It was in a weird time slot anyway, so I didn't get to watch all of it. But it is good. I like the manga too.

I would be transported to FMA, Inuyasha, and Naruto. Because I would love to learn about the feudal era(Naruto and Inuyasha-I am a Ninja and History fan). And FMA because I will get to learn about alchemy. =D

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • If you could be transported into one anime universe, which would it be and why?
    What any Ed fangirl would do. FMA so I can glomp Ed! <3

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    The first one that comes to mind would be RuroKen, too bad he wouldn't teach me his style. I'd still like to go there anyways, I love the feudal era.

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles would be interesting too, because they go to many different worlds. That means more than one anime universe.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Baka Tenshi said:
    What any Ed fangirl would do. FMA so I can glomp Ed! <3

XD! I would love to hug Ed if I see him. And I will let him teach me about alchemy. ^^

The Solitary Angel said:
    The first one that comes to mind would be RuroKen, too bad he wouldn't teach me his style. I'd still like to go there anyways, I love the feudal era.

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles would be interesting too, because they go to many different worlds. That means more than one anime universe.

Cool answers! I love Tusbasa btw. ^^

When you watch anime do you watch the Openings and Endings of the anime? Or you skip to the show?

Last edited:

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • XD! I would love to hug Ed if I see him. And I will let him teach me about alchemy. ^^
    XD! <3

When you watch anime do you watch the Openings and Endings of the anime? Or you skip to the show?
    I tend to skip them. I will watch the first time then skip them after unless its a song I loooooooooove like "Let Me Be With You"

What are your fave opening and ending songs?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    XD! <3

I tend to skip them. I will watch the first time then skip them after unless its a song I loooooooooove like "Let Me Be With You"

^_^

Oh cool, let me list a few. Most of these are from Naruto, FMA. There many more I love, but I will list some. <3

Naruto: "GO!!!", "Seishun Kyosokyoku", "No Boy, No Cry", "Ryusei", "Wind", etc...

FMA: "REWRITE", and "I Will"

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Inuyasha ~ Come
    Witch Hunter Robin ~ Shell

I love these songs as well. <3 I can't believe I forgot to list "Come". It is such a wonderful song.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Cool answers! I love Tusbasa btw. ^^

I haven't seen it after the first season. I was hoping to, but my internet is bad now.

It depends on the opening and ending, or what time it is. If it is really late at night, then I'll probably skip.

Too many to list. I'll just list what I remember right now from my music list:

Spoiler:

More than I thought I would remember. XD

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Wow, so far everyone that has answered likes 'Come'. I forgot to mention that I like 'Let me be with you' as well.

I just remembered some more, but I really have to go to sleep now.

Ah, I'll have to check some of those out.

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
  • So many questions! Dx Time to answer! XD

If you were in Japan, would you go to the studio of your favorite anime? And while you there, what would you do?
    I would easily go to Studio BONES and make them have another FMA series that I would dictate. XD

If you could make an anime what might it be about?
    I love Lucy's idea, I'm a sucker for romance. XD And I would love to have an anime that would take place in the future and its about the war. D: then again, according to the Gundam creators, SEED and Destiny are based on the Iraq war.

Have you noticed this about anime? Opposite things....conflicts for instance in "Umisho" The main character teaches people to swim but he himself is afraid of water and does not swim.
    The first one that pops into my head is Sasuke. He wants to be strong enought to defeat his brother and he says that he's not going to do what Itachi wants him to do and yet, he severs his bonds and its slowly becoming just like his brother. <<; Sasuke's so stupid.

Have you been to an anime convention?
    NO. :< I really, really, really, really wanna go to one and I told my mom that me and my friend Lain are going to one after we graduate next year. XD We're going to an anime convention that both Vic Mignogna and Dave Wittenburg are at, lol.

Recommend an anime:

s-CRY-ed

This takes place in the country of Japan in the Kanagawa Prefecture. 22 years before the anime takes place, a large and grand earthquake forced the land up into the air, cutting off the survivors from the mainland. The survivors were isolated and the place began to be known as The Lost Ground. Kazuma, one of the many children born in this secluded place, is a seventeen year old renegade, earning money by working with his friend Kimishima. Kazuma isn't doing normal work however, he's using his alter power. Alter is the ability to break down material things and reform them with mental effort. Kazuma's Shell Bullet (which forms around his arm) has made him a very strong alter user able to defeat anyone that passes him.

The mainland has realized the growing number of alter users and from their police force called HOLD formed HOLY, a department consisting only of alter users. They figure that only alter users can defeat other alter users. Kazuma, after defeating another alter user is seen by HOLY and is captured by one of the higher ranking members, Ryuhou. This sparks anger in Kazuma, seeing as he hates being used and he can't seem to give up his hatred for Ryuhou for capturing him.

The story continues with this never ending rivalry between Kazuma and Ryuhou and the truth behind HOLY and its link with the mainland.

Fullmetal Alchemist! :D I wanna learn alchemy from Ed and to glomp him. XD lol

...I'll answer the other questions later, I'm in school. hahaha.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Lucy said:
    Wow, I like the way you think Alakazam17! ^_^ I seen some of Shaman King, unfortunately 4Kids Tv didn't continue it. It was in a weird time slot anyway, so I didn't get to watch all of it. But it is good. I like the manga too.
    I watched the entire series on YouTube. I doubt it's still there though. >_>

When you watch anime do you watch the Openings and Endings of the anime? Or you skip to the show? I watch it if it's possible. I started off skipping the endings though, but that has since changed. Though I'll still cut it off if I dislike the ending.

FMA - Tobira no Mukou e - Yellow Generation
    Bleach - Life - Yui
    Naruto - Hero's Come Back!! - nobodyknows+

and another one:
    How do you watch anime?

I started with YouTube, and then went to a few clones like Google Video & Veoh. Currently my favourites are Crunchyroll & Anime6. Yeah, I haven't downloaded anything, XD. Also, I try to catch some on television as well. Avatar airs every Friday night, so that's where I watch it. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Unless I really like the song, which isn't too often, I'll just skip past the opening, though I usually stick around for the endings since those are usually good.

openings
    Blurry Eyes - L'arc~en~Ciel (DNA² opening)
    Century Color - RAY GUNS (Turn A Gundam opening 2)
    PRIDE - HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (Gundam SEED Destiny opening 2)
    Rewrite - ASIAN-KUNG FU GENERATION (Fullmetal Alchemist opening 4)
    XTC - Psychic Lover (Witchblade opening 1)
    Hirari - Wada Kouji (Digimon Savers opening 2)

endings
    Tsukiakari - Rie Fu (Darker Than Black ending 1)
    One Star - Yousuke Ito (Digimon Savers ending 1)
    Life - YUI (BLEACH ending 5)
    My Pace - SunSetSwish (BLEACH ending 6)
    Movin' - Takacha (BLEACH ending 8)

Recommend an anime
    (taken from ANN)
    Turn A Gundam - 50 episodes
    The year is Correct Century 2345. The civilization of Earth is at about the level it was during World War I. Long ago, humanity traveled through space, but the people of Earth have long forgotten about that. However, an advanced civilization still exists in cities on the moon, and now this Moonrace, in desperate need of resources, sets its sights back on its home planet. Three Moonrace teenagers, Loran Cehack, Keith Laijie, and Fran Doll, are sent to make sure that a return is even feasible, and are followed two years later by the invading Dianna Counter forces. Now, five thousand years after humanity first traveled into space, a new war is brewing between the Earthlings defending their homes, the Moonrace looking to settle on Earth, and other members of the Moonrace who believe a return to Earth may revive a nightmare from humanity's forgotten past.

Back