• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

blue

gucci
Years
  • Update #2 (5:00 PM) - Masuda has revealed the formes will be named "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem." | Update (4:45 PM) - Junichi Masuda has posted on his Twitter that these games will be released June 2nd, over a month before movie 15 comes out.

Where has the creativity gone? What is happening... seriously I could come up with better names of the top of my head, I'm really starting to think this is becoming a joke..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Vyyt4.png
    The pattern in the number '2' here looks very similar to the pattern Groudon has on its body IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoenn was in this game. I do think Hoenn deserves its own remake though, but Im not going to complain or anything since we don't even know how this is going to play out.

Masuda just revealed the names of the two formes:
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem
    yeah but the Black one doesn't have Kyogre's pattern...also they're suppose to be flames, look at it with your head tilted 90 degrees to the right.
    I'm also hoping there's no Hoenn in this (oh the irony...)
    Hopefully they'll add new areas into this game for us to explore, BW Unova was too short...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I can't even begin to imagine how much heat Masuda is taking on Twitter right now, especially after turning around and announcing Black/White Kyurem.

Oh well, i'll remain cautiously optimistic.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • @Junichi_Masuda Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Long-awaited new series are called "Poke'mon Black Version 2" and "Poke'mon White Version 2"!!!!

That was four minutes ago so does that mean they're the official titles? That's dreadful.

Years
  • Also the new forme's aren't creative at all...at least name them Yin forme (for Resh-Kyu) and Yang (for Zek-Kyu)...

@Junichi_Masuda Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Long-awaited new series are called "Poke'mon Black Version 2" and "Poke'mon White Version 2"!!!!

That was four minutes ago so does that mean they're the official titles? That's dreadful.
    I feel sorry for the guy...might as well have named the third game Grey that would've been seemed as more creative for fans...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Masuda just revealed the names of the two formes:
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Inb4 Racist comments

Wow, what amazing names, like seriously GameFreak how did you come up with those names? They are so original.

Ok, enough complaining about originality, I play OverUsed competitive anyways.

I have never commented my opinion about BW2 yet.
    Well, I am having one of those childhood things "OMG OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!!!" Moments. Seriously, I'm 15, I would think I would have been like "Eh, cool a new Pokemon game! I'll buy it eventually" but no, I will most likely be standing outside GameStop / Walmart Day 1.

I just hope it's a little more than "game 3" (and 4) of BW.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    I'm pretty excited about this. I'm glad that it is not Gray. We can actually get a direct continuation to the Team Plasma/N Story.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's not anger it's confusion, the lack of creativity and it's just all unexpected, albeit we have no information whatsoever so we can wait and see what unfolds for these two, I'm still going to get them nonetheless.

Years
  • I just hope it's good. Not so excited though. I wanted a Ruby Sapphire remake! But who didn't. :/

I am wondering how the sequel will be like? I mean is it a real sequel, like to the story or is it just remastered. And will it be just grey, or like Black 2 and White 2? I don't even know what to think...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • What I find interesting is that Black Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon Black 2 and White Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon White 2, instead of the other way round like it's predecessors, in which Reshiram was in Black and Zekrom in White. The colour of the forme matches the version this time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.
    Basically expect these things to happen when you get straight up change for the whole series. This has never happened before, so much speculation is going on and it's all because of the change. It'll settle though.

Everything is just shocking. & The names well again, no comment.

Years
  • How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.
    Well people are less happy about lack of creativity about the games than it being a sequel.The names aren't all that bad in my opinion but the guy would be taking less heat had he done so...
    Personally I'm happy if it does turn out to be a sequel :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just hope it's good. Not so excited though. I wanted a Ruby Sapphire remake! But who didn't. :/

I am wondering how the sequel will be like? I mean is it a real sequel, like to the story or is it just remastered. And will it be just grey, or like Black 2 and White 2? I don't even know what to think...
    There is no Grey... It's Black 2 and White 2. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.

Exactly. I completely and totally agree with you.
    This is far better than a Gray announcement.

It may not be a remake, nor is it Gen 6, but it IS new. I would take new over playing the exact same game again any day.

Years
  • What I find interesting is that Black Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon Black 2 and White Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon White 2, instead of the other way round like it's predecessors, in which Reshiram was in Black and Zekrom in White. The colour of the forme matches the version this time.
    Interestingly it's the one with that N took away with Kyurem...wonder what that could mean as well...did N come back with his legend fused with Kyurem?

Back