• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

blue

gucci
    Years
    Seriously what's with the Blue & Red looking gems on the bottom of the logos? I understand the red for fire but blue = ?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    i dont know about you guys

but i always wanted a pokemon and digimon cross-over. im hyped!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think I see why now Anville Town is similar to Nuvema Town, Maybe it's storyline is after many years but with a new hero with Anville town as the first Town, maybe we can fight Black like red after the Elite four, there's probably going to be the older Pokemon in Unova in these games, there will be a new Gym leader in the last Gym, maybe also a new champion also maybe new battle themes or remixed!
    You know it might be not bad after all!
    Wow that would be great, I love Anville town. These two will proably use the new trains someone in BW mentioned...and maybe they will have a new frontier.
    Black could be Champ (I say black due to the manga in which Black wants to be champ but it could also be White) and we battle him for the possition :D! Or maybe that fighting E4, cause he was Alder's student. Could also be Cheren. Oh and Bianca could be our proffesor! We could see them with all their dreams come true...except for N...

Years
    I was looking at the picture of Z-Kyu and R-Kyu...
    And then noticed that it's taking the Yin-Yang seriously- Z-Kyu... has breasts...
    o`-o how unexpected and unique.

Maybe we should just speculate of better names.
    Like "Deep Black and Bright White" (okay, that's too much DGM in my system) or "Storm Black and Clear White" (to relate to Hoenn.)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Seriously what's with the Blue & Red looking gems on the bottom of the logos? I understand the red for fire but blue = ?

I'm guessing the blue is for electricity that comes from Zekrom/the colour Zekrom glows...? That's just what I think though. :s

Ninja'd, but I'm suprised how quickly they're breezing through this generation. Now two event Pokemon have been revealed officially, and now the sequels to Black and White, not to mention they're due for release in June, so only a couple of months to wait. It's just... really suprising, and quite a lot to take in.

3Du

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    What company DOESN'T want money?

I know! But it must be subtle to be a "strategy". The original idea to split Pokémon (1996) into Red and Green in Japan was to increase profits (money!), but is mixed with the feeling of collect and trade monsters. In fact, Tajiri-san could say "we did it to increase the trading aspect of the game" and you would beleive him.

Now, the "remastered" third version (Yellow, Cristal,...) is also a way to make more profit as a Blue or Red owner in America would still buy this remastered version. AGAIN, is subtle, as there are new features. So is not so obvious that the main reason is MONEY.

But then, Masuda says "We're launching two remastered versions". The obviousness of "Money is what I want" is shining in the sky. Would make sense a DS and a 3DS version, though.

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
    Even though, for the most part, I'm feeling positive about this (or maybe I'm still in shock), one thing that worries me about the games being for the DS, is that on the 3DS they'll have that annoying little blurry look that makes them seem a lot more pixelated.

Well, we'll see...

Years
    @3Du: when did he say b2w2 were remastered versions? they're more likely to be direct sequels then remastered versions. also what's wrong with wanting to make money? they're not FORCING you to buy every version, are they?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

Dammit, that dissapointed me, I wanted it to atleast be 3D so 3DS could be something with Pokemon other than Rumble Blast which doesn't really count.

3DS has to be only Mario and LoZ, c'mon Nintendo.

3Du

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012

Nah, these are sequels, not B/W with new features.
    They're going to make two separate games to keep the tradition of having version exclusives.

Not so sure about this, pal. Main series Pokémon games takes years to be made.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    Something crazy just popped up into my head.

I saw people complaining that Unova was too small.

The other arguably small region is Johto, and you could access Kanto in the Johto games.

Gamefreak is always good at suprising us.

N flew on his Zekrom/Reshiram in the games to some unknown place, probably close, so not any of the other regions.

Add that all together, and we have maybe a new region (No new Pokes though)

Of course, this is really crazy, so you can dismiss this :P

Years
    Not so sure about this, pal. Main series Pokémon games takes years to be made.

I'm pretty sure about this, as the official, english pokemon site says "New Mysteries Await!" and one of the japanese posters say "A Whole New Adventure Awaits" or something like that. That's not really the definition of a remastered edition, is it? also, I think game freak have the business acumen to realise that releasing a remake of a game on the same platform in such a small space of time with little difference wouldn't make that much money at all.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Why are people bashing the ideas of sequals when lots of games do them? I'd rather have a sequal then a remake.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I don't think I'll be getting this when it comes out. I'd rather play something new, like Nobonga's Ambition + Pokemon.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    I'll be bluntly honest and say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out to be a Version 2 of B/W as opposed to, say, 'Season 2', in a manner of speaking. Like, B/W with a new legendary, tweaks here and there, twists in the story in some places... dunno, the sort of stuff that wouldn't be enough for a remake, but then again not a fully new game.

Or maybe I'm just being negative. I read somewhere that it's the absolute first time that a direct sequel was made for the main series. So GSC don't count as sequels to RBY?

good lord that show is so random... never laughed so much

Back